Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Penn Rival Longcast

• 23-10-2021 4:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭

Considering buying this reel for my beachcasting kit, would love to get feedback from anybody who has/is using one and would the 7000 size be suitable for a 14ft beachcaster or would I get away with a 6000. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Anybody ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Jaysus its quiet in here.

So, here is the low donw on the rival if you havnt pulled the trigger yet or for anyone else thinking about it.

Basically the Rival is a surfblaster 2

The surfblaster 2's have been upgraded heavily to the 3's, and the battles HT-100 gearing system has been added which has moved the SB into a higher price point (€150-160 range) In order to fill the gap at the €99-105 range the Rival was introduced last season.

They are a fine reel, nothing wrong with them at all, penn make quality, tough gear, but........... if your going to spend €105 spend the extra €50 and get the Surfblaster 3 - workhorse of a reel.

Regarding the size, you need to go 7 or 8k on the rival, 6 is too small for the 14ft, in my opinion anyway.

If you want any more advice on what to get give me a pm.

Thanks Ardinn, recently purchased the Rival from ..........you 😀. Just spooled it up and will be giving it a trial very soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

• Registered Users Posts: 1 wheeld

i have a 7000 penn rival blue long cast i have nothing bad to say about it it is hard to get in usa i got it from spain i have it on a ugly stick 12ft buy one you will like it and use it

• Advertisement

Just a pity that spare spools for the Rival are impossible to get.

Advertisement