Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recruitment 2021 (Closed)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Swifty13

Did anyone else get told Deloitte would be in contact within 3 weeks ?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Narwahls

I was told at the end of my assessment that they would be in touch within a few weeks but that was it, no time frame or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Swifty13

Regardless I'll be checking my emails relentlessly until either I'm relieved or devestated lol

• Registered Users Posts: 27 rouge_one

in the ac they say they will be in touch within 3 weeks for feedback purposes only. So my guess is that it’ll be a feedback form they would like you to fill out about how the day was structured and if there would be any changes that might help with future recruitment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Byc_moze

I got 2 emails. First one was that I passed AC and summary of your score. And 2nd with ML position

Did they come at the same time or a few weeks apart?

Got summary 7 months after AC date and another email, with merit position week after 1st email

So got email today regarding AC and as previously said it’s for feedback purposes only. They say results will be no later than 13th May so just about the long wait til then. Hopefully there is a fast track in this campaign but looking highly unlikely with funding issues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Boneyard2002

I never understood why you could never be told on the day of your AC if you passed or failed.. surely there’s no need for the long wait. Obviously it doesn’t come down to funding because every campaign is the exact same when waiting unless fast tracked.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DDGS7

From what I can gather, the pass mark isn't worked out until everyone has done the AC and been scored

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭lornzeo99

But how is a merit list formed when I hadn’t even done my AC but my friend was fast tracked and was given a merit position?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Unknown117

was that from this campaign? how does the fast track work? like how do you get it never heard of it before

No idea! Certain people were fast tracked but I have never understood how when all of the applicants hadn’t finished! The 2020 campaign is still ongoing, personally I can’t see anyone in this campaign being fast tracked as they no longer have a budget for recruitment.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Boneyard2002

Surely not, that’s why they would have the sheet that is ticked to make sure you meet requirements.. it’s pre determined, they already have the pass mark there

If the pass mark is already pre determined at say 70% and everyone who attends the assessment centre hits that mark then the merit list would end up with a couple of thousand people on it, they only ever want it to have 1000 or so, which is why the pass mark is set after everyone has been marked to keep it around that number

The pass mark last campaign was in the 60% range but Im unsure if that carries over year by year, also if this campaign is smaller than last then the merit list mark is probably going to be higher unless there's proportionally less going from IST to AC

The pass mark will be generated after the AC is concluded. This is where they will get their benchmark just like any exam such as gcse or a levels. If every does really well then likely chances are the pass mark will be high but if everyone has done badly the mark will be lower. Last year the pass mark was 61.25% previous years they’ve been around 50’s. With fast track I think you get an email saying your going through but no merit number yet. Just means ur on the top of the list to go through the next stages first. After all if you did well say high score (A+), an A+ is still an A+ regardless of having to wait til everyone has finished their AC. So what I mean is if your AC was say 90% your more than likely going through.

But you could be the last person to do the AC and get 90% but not fast tracked simply because you didn’t get to go first? Hardly a fair campaign if that’s the case

• Advertisement

Youll still get fast tracked as it's done in groups, if you do the AC last and have a high score you will still be put through the remaining stages before those who sat it before you.

There's nothing fast about fast track anyway, it really makes little difference. Just do your AC, get your score and go through the stages when you go through them.

You still have over 400 remaining from the 2020 campaign in front of you so fast track will mean little

I would say if this was the case that the person would be put on top of the list too as they are high in the merit list. With regards to the fast track I dnt think they start this until after the ac anyway. You are just told you will be progressing quicker than others in the next stages. Also if they are one of the last to take AC they find out sooner than those who took it near the start.

I’m actually in the 2020 campaign so believe me I’m well aware of the pace their recruitment runs in lol! But my friend was fast tracked a year before me and she knew she was being fast tracked even though I hadn’t sat my AC.

I think early on they just cherry pick people out of they have a mildly good score, I was in the third lot fast tracked, got told this before ML positions came out but just after everyone's results had come out. I ended up being in the top 70 on the ML but people on the early fast track groups were like 400 or so on the list. It's all down to when you sit your AC really so it's a lotto.

Slow is a very kind word to use tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭georgie1305

I recently did my AC and felt like I did much better than last time, so fingers crossed!

BUT, has anyone who has recently attended remember if they had to put their UID number on the top of the final written report sheet? Or was it only written on the action plans?

I can't remember if I wrote it on or not and its making me paranoid that it wouldn't get marked lol

The staff would probably have pointed it out on collection, if it wasn't written on. But I just don't remember lol 🤦‍♂️

You had to write it on every action plan and the final written report, in mine at least they didn't let us go until they'd checked all the pieces were filled with our UID and some that didn't have it filled out were asked to just before we left. More than likely you've one less thing to worry about

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭johnny990

I have my AC this week.

Getting a bit nervous hope I dont mess It up. Any advice?

Other than the stuff already posted here or the AC post itself on the forum I think a good point is to not get demotivated when one of the assessments dosent go well, take account of what you did wrong like for me I didn't achieve something I should have within an interview. I took that on board and used that in the next assessments to make sure it wouldn't happen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 HassAuto

You’re going for the position of a Police Constable, not a career in Acting don’t worry about how you’ll perform in that aspect.

If you feel like you haven’t performed well on a task, forget it and move onto the next one and use that as a fresh start ( Seriously, you can’t go back so don’t worry about it! )

Time keeping is one of the biggest factors within the AC and you’ll be surprised how quickly it can go when you’re there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭johnny990

Thanks . I got a bit tongue tied in one role play. Hard to know how it went.

Hopefully make up for it in the other roleplays/written plans,

Advertisement