Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 barryduffy

I'm in a similar situation (3yo and one on the way) and have opted for the Model 3. I bought an SUV when the first was about 4 months old but it was only a brief period when you need to carry a load of stuff. As they get older, you carry less. My only worry is that the pandemic may have sckewed the view with the less travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭ferg01

Thanks.

A March delivery date is looking less likely for me so it might not be relevant!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

When did you order? And when was delivery estimate?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

You do realise I have a 520d in my garden 🤣🤣

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I've a 320d M-Sport in my garden!, but the Model 3 is by far the superior car, despite the M-Sport having better handling.

Every time I get back into the BMW, it feels like going back in time! (though I still love it)

• Advertisement

I ordered Feb 2nd when the website still showed a March delivery date. Hopefully it'll still come through but when I spoke to the delivery team, they weren't really clear on whether or not it has been shipped and they didn't confirm if I've been matched to a vehicle. I'll set expectations low in case I'm pleasantly surprised! It's red, RWD so at least there's a shorter delivery time on that now than there is on a white version. I saw in a previous thread that the confirmation text arrived about 6 - 8 weeks prior to delivery so hopefully I'll get mine soon and still nab a March delivery. I did get asked for the Bluetooth connection in the app which might be a positive sign.

What do you think my odds are?! Crystal ball time!

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭speedfreak

I was the same getting back into my BMW after the test drive. Like something from the 1990s. So many buttons!!

I ordered end of feb and have been matched. Haven’t had delivery text yet for a mid late March delivery. They keep pestering me on trade in though and have sent SEAI forms etc.

End of Jan I mean!

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭PaulJoseph22

I’m the total opposite I much prefer getting back into my BMW, I don’t like the sparseness of the Tesla and I much prefer the superior handling of the BMW but we are all different, I prefer the buttons. The BMW is a drivers car IMO. Love it.

• Advertisement

You are probably in a similar position to myself, I ordered in late January but grabbed an inventory earlier this month. No extras, but was told have been matched for current shipments whenever. But hoping March, earlier the better, my ID.3 sold very quickly as expected I am car less since yesterday. Fortunately my son is wfh for next few months so I have the use of his car most of the time by day. And I can cycle/walk to work. Interesting times for us all..

Jan 31st order (RWD, Blue, 19's, black) waiting on a match now. I got the bluetooth request in the app within a day or so and have filled in the SEAI forms as I was doing custom finance. Nither has an impact on getting a match by the looks of it. I got confirmation yesterday that they're waiting on a car to match me with so I've no "soft match" or anything of the sort.

OK thanks all. We'll just have to see I suppose...I knew this might happen when I ordered so I can wait. I haven't filled in any SEAI forms?

Just noticed as of today that I can't login to my account from the app...no idea if that's indicative of anything. I keep getting the "404 Page not Found" error.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 unabashed_goldfish

I ordered mid December. RWD, grey, 18inch aero, black interior. Have a VIN in the source code but nothing else at all. Emma on chat did say that I should be contacted by the delivery team this week or next for an expected delivery mid March.

It all seems a bit up in the air as to the allocation.

Do you know when the VIN landed in source? Can you see it on any of the ship manifests to see when it lands in the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 unabashed_goldfish

7th February. Haven't found it on any of the ship checkers. There is a ship tracking thread I've been following but without a firmer delivery date I couldn't narrow it down to any one or two in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

Had a road trip to Scotland on the LR and what a machine it is. Had lots of fun on the twisty roads regardless of conditions.

Accidentally figured out that when the cruise control is on but with the "set to the current limit" switched off, you can apply the current speed limit when you hold the right hand stalk down to the soft stop for a couple of seconds. When in normal drive mode without cruise the same function selects 'N'. If you have say +2 km/h set in the settings when the speed limit changes to 80 km/h the cruise gets set to 82 km/h. No more hectic scrolling to change the cruise to the current speed limit.

I'm sure you all knew about it already but for me that is now one of my fave features in the car.

27930 km driven since June. Dang.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

So why can't you let anyone give any critic on a Tesla?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭wassie

I think we are all up for robust discussion. Its the repetition that gets tiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JOL1

Agreed..the same points seem to go around and around but above all we should be able to respect each other and opinions. Spats between members is irritating to all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Fitz II

This is a thread about model 3 where people are excited about the car, I think coming on here and pissing on their chips about how a Beemer drives better is a bit childish. What reaction do you expect? Also Tesla fans can let nothing go so dont expect the bait not to be taken. The tesla model 3 thread is not the place for "balanced" discussion, but fruitful discussion usually starts from questions rather than statements of preference.

Oh and I cam from a m4 to a M3P so my two cents are the Tesla is a better all round car. I got out of the Tesla cause I wanted something new, but good news, you can now get a lot of more"driver" focused EV's from all your favourite marques. And some even have buttons.

Post edited by Fitz II on

Ohh I do. When it’s genuine, and that goes for any EV. I’ve a Kia eNiro in the house too.

The other poster is posting across threads if you went to search his posts but that’s up to you.

He’s not posting any factual info. consistent repetition of the same statements. It’s all hearsay and when asked to give an example he reports the posts.

For example he said his brothers car had paint issues. That’s fair enough. We all know the Fremont cars are hit and miss paint wise but when I asked why his brother didn’t pick it up with Tesla as they are actively dealing with paint claims, he ignores it and rants about something different.

He stated panel gaps, well know Tesla issue that we all can agree on the older cars. I again asked if he took it up with Tesla but he ignored it again.

He also mentioned something about his brother having to take his OHEV for long journeys but when asked for an example it gets ignored.

Now I’m not saying an M3P is a cross country machine but at least give an example to back up the statement. That’s balanced and then people can’t argue with you.

You try give the benefit of the doubt but when it keeps bouncing back in your face you just get bored of the same crap from people that actually don’t own an EV or the car in question they are commenting on.

Every time i get into the 520d, and even the 530e, it feels like a downgrade from the BEV.

Handling cannot be compared on a diesel barge or indeed the 30e variant of BMW's as they don't have the same handling properties as proper BMW's like the M3 i used to own. The Model S handles well enough, but more like a Merc S Class, it cant be thrown around like you can a 3 series in my experience.

Still though, id take an EV over going back to ICE at the moment. Its just easier and more relaxing etc

Everybody thrash talked the touch screen on phones when they first came out, people were slow to adapt to having no buttons or at least only the minimum required.

Again no issue with the car, the repetition is on the experience, if someone if saying everything is hunky dorky and no issues other perspective is valid, so I'll give that

If someone had posted here about that would have helped as was on the fence what to go with last August. Based on what CS and reps said went with tesla..... Big mistake in my case as ye longer term posters know.

I'll get over people not liking me 😜 just ignore it.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JOL1

let it go.for everyones sake....we go around and around with the same issues....

So far I must say my very limited experience with Tesla has been excellent, got told today that I have been matched to a VIN and will be contacted shortly. Car still on ship and still no exact time of delivery.

To be fair, I never heard you being critical of the car..(Nothing wrong with that)

It's not for your benefit mate! Just ignore it, their maybe people new to the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Fitz II

I am lost now, rather than reread through the thread why dont you put down your experiance in a post so you can link back to it in the future rather than feeling you need to respond with negative comments all the time. I have no idea what your issues were but interested to know., but I can see how those that follow this thread closer than me might grow weary and feel you are a downer.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

Maybe podge and the other bloke could start a new anti tesla thread and leave everyone else to get on with asking questions and getting helpful advice, we're not all just tesla fanboys. We all know tesla or any other car manufacturers are not perfect look at the Audi q4 delivery fiasco at the moment..... But for f**k sake give it a rest and drive your new hyundai

• Advertisement

Maybe read back a bit I'm not jumping in on everything.

Last time all I did was point out how other OEMs are servicing the Ireland re new regs in Jan compared to Tesla last year and the poor relation Ireland us treated compared to the UK.

At that stage people jumped in again slagging off the "Whingie Tesla hater" and again have to rehash things again in defence.

Secondly I like a good ould arguement especially when people start talking b*****.

Apparently Tesla are going to 3 times as many cars this year in Ireland but dropping allocation by 3/4 thousand cars this year in the UK 🤔

Oh yeah the 6 months I had to wait with little communication wanting an extra 1k to change spec and refusal to return deposit didn't help.

Advertisement