Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2022 - Here we go again! - **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,596 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

This your determinedly silent response to the YNot poser?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Pocket post. I could give 5 or 6 reasons YNot from the headliners alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Massive Attack playing the RHK the weekend before EP 😫

• Registered Users Posts: 12,548 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Hey @FR_Dublin just wondering when there will be an inkling of an announcement, will the slimmed down Friday now become the slimmed down Thursday and that we will have a fuller Friday schedule. We need a hint to gets us through the backend of winter. Bring it on 😆😆

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Just at venue, hoping to catch Rubick and Stillill42 inside. Lurking at the back I expect.

• Advertisement

Dry Cleaning magnificent, though to be fair, just being at a packed gig at the moment is magnificent. I'm easily pleased at the minute. Band looked like they were loving it which always helps. Great to meet Seath and the ridiculously lovely Rubick and Desk Tidy again. Keep those gigs coming. If I'm this happy on a dirty Tuesday in February, what'll I be like at Trailer Park on a balmy Friday in September???! The mind boggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭fourmations

Ah Fourmations! Was that you just beside me? There was certainly a guy just up from me that was very familiar. I've made a tit of myself too many times in the past with that sort of thing. Hope you enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭fourmations

short and "chunky" (i.e. fat) with glasses in a black cap and green puffa supping the black stuff, i noticed the musical irish gals were represented too, sarah from Pillow Queens was there as was Ailbhe Reddy, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭rubick

World class performance from Dry Cleaning last night at the Button Factory! Fantastic atmosphere, great night all round. Must have just missed you @Seathrun66, caught up with @Stillill42 after the show - of course I can't just walk past a merch stand, I'm only human!

Trying to edit this to remove a stray tag, weird UI on mobile from Boards.@Stiletto72

Post edited by rubick on

• Advertisement

Kurt Vile just announced for Vicar Street August 31st. Is that him out for Stradbally? I thought we had a good chance of him being on the bill. Anyway, at least he's coming. Got myself a ticket on the Foggy Notions presale link. Anyone wants it, give us a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Love them, but I must admit I really didn't enjoy their 2018 set at EP simply because they took tens/hundreds of newspaper clips/headlines and flashed them up on screen behind them throughout, they seemed to be local/Irish headlines, "Bertie Ahern" "Mother and baby homes" really distracted me! I couldn't just not look! Like a TV in a pub!

I know it was "thought provoking" but ended up being a real buzz kill.

August is going to be lit! Massive Attack then EP, after an ATN start to the month. Reckon if we can do New Order the week after Glastonbury as per a few years ago we'll manage this alright.

Anyone hear anything in the rumour mill yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

My Limerick contacts tell there's a certain expat expected.

I thought I recognised you from the Salty Dog group photo. You passed me near the bar and in the corridor as well but I wasn’t sure. I was standing at the back of the bar. My five foot nothing kid sister couldn’t see the band from anywhere else.

Spotted the actress playing the young Danish girl in Smother also. Her crew must have been the youngest there, the middle-aged well and truly represented at TBF.

Post edited by Seathrun66 on

Loved it, arrived in late so no chance to look for anyone beforehand. Searched afterwards and eventually found @Stillill42 in the bar (should have started there) but couldn't hang around as had to drive my sister home then head to the airport as family catching an early morning flight. Say hello if anyone is at The Tindersticks or Cory Wong in April, my only visits to the capital before the Summer.

Surprisingly crowded gig, no space at the sides, but great atmosphere and those guys are really enjoying being on the road. Hoping they'll make EP.

I'm struggling to think of many of our major musicians living abroad. Almost all based here, bar Bob Geldof, Imelda May, Roisin Murphy. Am I leaving out someone?

Maybe Poorside is pulling our legs, maybe Richard D. James a former Limerick native? :)

Would be great to see Roisin Murphy back again, although she was in the Electric Arena last outing. With Sinead O'Connor likely not performing at ATN for obvious reasons this year, maybe a race between Waterford and Stradbally to see who books her first?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Stiletto72

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

Just hoping on the Dry Cleaning chat. Happily got to see them on Tuesday night and it was a fantastic gig, with a decent if slightly similar support. Decent venue that. I copped Ailbhe Reddy at the end there.

Back on to the EP chat. They'd want to blow it out of the water with some really great acts i.e not Picture This.

Apologies for this - I've tried to remove the tag (was trying to tag another user, not you) - there seems to be a bug in the Boards back office and I can't seem to remove your username from the post!

I have to agree if you look at the headliners for 2019 they weren't great it has to be said, The Strokes were probably the only decent headliner out of the bunch, I know Hozier is hugely popular but for closing the main stage one of the nights was a crazy booking. Flo was just a plain lazy booking and the 1975, well I'll say no more. Saying that, in fairness there was a great undercard of acts with Jarvis, Marr, Ashcroft and a nice dash of electronica with Four Tet, Richie Hawtin and Amelie Lens.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Dear Gods of EP, please deliver on to us the gift of Suede, then I can die happy...

There are 196 sleeps

Looking increasingly good for Tame Impala.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

ah lads - Eels rescheduled to 2023. I was living for that gig. Might have a little weep.

Very hard to take when we're all optimism and coming out the other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dibble

• Advertisement

Nice to see Orbital are doing a few festivals in August too.

Advertisement