Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Canada Convoy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭MilkyToast

And quite apart from that, it is an indescribably terrible idea to make a significant minority of your population feel both disenfranchised and with literally nothing to lose. A really, really terrible idea.

The level of incompetence in Trudeau and his government is unreal. If these are the sort of "Young Global Leader" WEF graduates Klaus Schwab is bragging about I don't think anyone has much to worry about.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ~C.S. Lewis

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mary 2021

Who is this Klaus Schwab i se him mentioned a lot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,044 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Seems to have replaced George Soros as the illuminati leader going by the conspiracists and great reset loons

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

We've gone from The Rothschilds, to Soros, to Klaus Schwab.

Who will be next, I wonder.

• Advertisement

Firstly, there are four flags in my post.

Secondly, you're admitting to the world that you'd be happy to be in a group waving a single, solitary Nazi flag......is this really what you want to say?

Thirdly, How many would it take, before you'd feel it was "too nazi" for your linking?

And lastly, your insults towards JT are infantile, don't make any sense, and make you look like a 12 year old. Just so you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭HerrKapitan

He is the leader of the World Economic Forum (WEF) Who occasionally holds seminars, conferences or think-tanks about progression of the worlds economy.

Bizarrely some members on boards have placed him as an icon among Conspiracy theories.

He is well known to the world leaders, who have been holding talks/ think-ins with him in recent years, Leo Varadkar amongst them when he was in charge here.

He speaks about a 'Great Reset' which is a theoretical plan that leaders could use as an option. It includes a motto "You will own nothing, and be happy." Where private ownership is replaced by people renting all their needs.

I've never stated it wasn't a valid protest. I said it was started under false pretences by scumbags with ulterior motives, who have now been legitimised by the legitimate protest that developed because of the groundswell of support.

Pretty insulting of you to admit you're not reading my posts and then getting the meaning and intent of those posts wrong, followed by asking questions.

Why would anyone engage with such a bad faith actor?

Thanks ill look it up and have a read cant say i like the idea of owning nothing, if i dont own my farm then who does? At the moment i have 150 acres all in and im not inclined to surrender it to any wild thinkers of forum leaders !! Yikes to that !!

• Advertisement

There's a thread in the conspiracy theory forum that has been asking that question for about 200 pages, and it's yet to be answered properly. Good luck getting an answer in here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

He admitted that they have anyone in authority in all countries bought out down to religious leaders, why not grab a copy of his book where he outlines the future of humanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Astartes

is the WEF a think tank where these lauded leaders go to exchange views and does he sway those views to his thinking perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

The reality is that he is an octogenarian that wrote an essay that none of the conspiracy theorists have read, and they are terrified and doing eff all apart from whinge on the internet about an octogenarian taking all their possessions as a result. Basically it’s like a written version of a Tomorrows World episode.

Ah yes, fully jumped the shark into conspiracy theories.

Using your brain and logic won't get you far with the "great reset" crowd. It's all knee-jerk reactionary clutching at straws in their world, I'm afraid.

HI I have just looked it up and am down loading it as we speak thanks for the info will have a read about the The 4th industrial revolution and get back to you with my observations.

What did you think of the book? Which chapters were your favourites, which one was the worst?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭HerrKapitan

He is certainly an interesting character as you can see by how it stirs up a commotion on here by just mentioning his name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,131 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

of the same mind? nope they aren't.

how do i know? because there is no history of both individuals engaging in far right politics whereas with a hell of a lot of these truckers, or at least the ones donating to them and supporting them, there is a hell of a lot of evidence to show that unlike varadkar and martin, they are in fact far right loons.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Id say the truckers from Canada are not too radical ive looked at a few posts from the stand off they are largely peaceful & /or trying to be, but their supporters maybe a bit right wing & all the donaters too as a lot of them are from the USA. I wish the prime minister would meet them & thrash something out its not a good look for anyone now.

Even the worst Marvel movies would have a more coherent plot than anything the conspiracists come up with.

The great reset thread is here for anyone desperate for a laugh: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058112439/the-great-reset/p1

I'm not sure the scumbags with ulterior motives have been legitimised. If the mandates were dropped in Canada, my suspicion is that the streets of Ottawa and elsewhere that protests have popped up would dissipate quite quickly and the scumbags, such that they exist, would find themselves pretty lonely.

Pretty insulting of you to admit you're not reading my posts

That's not quite what I said. I read your post (the last few—I have not read through 22 pages worth and memorised them). I said I didn't have time to break down the previous post, where you spoke about mutiple Nazi flags but posted several pictures of the same one (the Tweets posted as evidenced even referred to them a "more pictures of the Nazi flag", which seems an odd way for someone obviously ideologically or morally opposed to the protests to refer to multiple Nazi flags, if they exist).

Why would anyone engage with such a bad faith actor?

Well they wouldn't. But we can also wonder about why someone would be so quick, upon being asked what would seem to me to be a fairly simple question, to label their interlocutor as a bad faith actor rather than to answer the question.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ~C.S. Lewis

Schwab is the current leader of the World Economic Forum, author of COVID-19: The Great Reset, The Great Narrative (The Great Reset Book 2), Stakeholder Capitalism: A Global Economy that Works for Progress, People and Planet, among others.

I don't personally see the Great Reset as a conspiracy theory (particularly since it is all very out in the open), nor do I think that the intent of it is, generally speaking, nefarious.

I do think that in practice it seems to be lauded by people who are very disconnected from everyday workers and it operates in subversion of democracy. Such subversions always lead to the formation of populist opposition (which is usually successful), and the exact brand of populism is difficult to predict. It also comes to the table with a predestined picture of what the future should be, which always necessitates an abandonment of the sort of naturally innovative processes that tend to move us forward.

I am also generally distrustful of very wealthy people who champion "equity" (equality of outcome) over equality (equality of opportunity), because the former always requires tyranny, and the very wealthy are never planning to be "equitable" with the rest of us.

This championing of equity is why Trudeau is comfortable excluding members of particular ethnic or marginalised groups from the consequences of laws he's enacting.

And I mentioned Schwab and the "Young Global Leaders" initiative of the WEF because Schwab is on record saying how pleased he is that half of Trudeau's cabinet is WEF-aligned, which is in keeping with their desire to "penetrate the cabinets" of sovereign countries.

At the very least, Klaus Schwab is a figure whose style and form of communication is inept enough to make some everyday men and women—whose franchise is dependent on the independence of their country's political apparatus—feel that they may in fact be disenfranchised. When you combine it with Trudeau's stated admiration for the "basic dictatorship" in China and the fact that he seems to be taking full advantage of the "opportunities" afforded by the pandemic, even as other countries are rolling their authoritarian measures back, I think you'd have to be very dense or very disingenuous not to see why Klaus Schwab and his WEF have become contentious figures, even if you don't see them that way yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Nobody even hinted anything about an army

Apart from when the army was deployed. 🙄

"all Americans were rightly sickened and revolted by the brutal death of George Floyd" but said his memory must not be "drowned out by an angry mob".

In a speech in the White House gardens, the president said: "As we speak I am dispatching thousands and thousands of heavily armed soldiers, military personnel and law enforcement officers

Which is the best book to read i have The 4th industrial Revolution, on my tablet now should i read a different one? . Regarding Trudeau i think he has taken it a bit too far now, we are opening up and becoming free he is still in the throes of a pandemic which is almost passed, its like he is clinging to the absolute power he had and cant let go. A big dose of megalomania by all accounts. Surely negotiation & compromise is key to the solution now at this stage.

Post edited by mary 2021 on

Apply a bit of critical thinking and you should come to the conclusion that it is a paranoid conspiracy theory and nothing more. Read the thread I posted too. No one is going to be calling to anyones door to take possession of their property or anything else due to the musings of Klaus Schwab.

In the 1950/60’s there were tv programmes guessing at what the future may look like. Everyone having flying cars by the millennium, everyone would have a robot cooking and cleaning for them, etc. Schwab is at the same thing.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure the scumbags with ulterior motives have been legitimised. If the mandates were dropped in Canada, my suspicion is that the streets of Ottawa and elsewhere that protests have popped up would dissipate quite quickly and the scumbags, such that they exist, would find themselves pretty lonely.

It is pretty safe to assume that the guys who organised this have seen their numbers grow, they've received global news coverage and received the support of maybe millions of people. And that's before we even get into the donations received from people who ordinarily wouldn't donate to people with such views. They will be emboldened even further and will latch onto whatever the next populist protest is where they think they might increase their stock further. That's a lot more legitimate than spouting about the great replacement on conspiracy websites.

That's not quite what I said. I read your post (the last few—I have not read through 22 pages worth and memorised them). I said I didn't have time to break down the previous post,

You said "I don't have time to go through it", not "I don't have time to break it down". Apologies if I took you up wrong, but I'm only going on what you posted.

where you spoke about mutiple Nazi flags but posted several pictures of the same one (the Tweets posted as evidenced even referred to them a "more pictures of the Nazi flag", which seems an odd way for someone obviously ideologically or morally opposed to the protests to refer to multiple Nazi flags, if they exist).

Nice try. There were five photos of flags/signs in my post, with four different ones pictured. Only one was repeated, and the reason for this is that some have claimed that that particular flag was raised by a stooge for a few seconds, as a way to portray the protestors in bad light. Multiple photos in separate locations puts that to bed. There WERE multiple nazi flags and signs on display. When you get the time to go through my post, I'm sure you'll acknowledge that, though.

Well they wouldn't. But we can also wonder about why someone would be so quick, upon being asked what would seem to me to be a fairly simple question, to label their interlocutor as a bad faith actor rather than to answer the question.

To my mind, you came in saying "I can't be arsed reading what you wrote but here, I've a question and I demand you answer it now". I've too much self-respect to deal with such bollocksology, so I didn't. Simple as. I couldn't give a monkeys how simple the question is or who's asking it. I wouldn't give Michael D the time, if he approached me in that manner.

To answer your question: "Why would white supremacists aspire to compare themselves to Rosa Parks, a woman famous and celebrated for advancing the civil rights cause in the US?"

No idea. The twitter link I provided had four photos, 3 of which were to do with 'purebloods' and "the day of the rope", tropes that have long been associated with White Supremacists. That's the link being made. You'll have to ask the twitter user why they included the Rosa Parks photo, cos it wasn't me. For the record, comparing being told to wear a mask with the plight suffered by black people for decades is a scumbag move. Persecution complex doesn't even come into it. If you think you're being victimised to the same level as a whole tranche of society who couldn't use the same bathrooms or drinking fountains as others, you need mental help.

Advertisement