Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

Thanks it seems like it must be something up like that as everything was working fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,391 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

That will be at house level, poster wants at car level

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭smpillai11

The VIN number finally showed up today for my ID3 Tech. I had placed my order in July.

How long does it typically take for the car to be on the boat after the VIN shows up?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,502 ✭✭✭✭ted1

My VIN showed up about a month ago and it’s still on the dock. I’ve seen people say they’ve had a car on the dock since week 45.

I ordered (ID4) on the 7th June…

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

I think there’s no real answer to that question. Not only are there too many variables, most of which are unknown, but the process as a whole seems to be slowing down over time.

I also ordered in July. If memory serves, I had a VIN in late September and the car was in Ireland the first week in November. I delayed taking possession until the new year.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭smpillai11

Thanks, I hope mine gets delivered in a couple of months 😊

Most likely!

This is the response I got back from VW.

"According to our internal tools, the update is being prepared in the background of your vehicle. As soon as the update is ready to be installed in your vehicle this will be displayed in the "Goodbye" screen once the vehicle is parked. You can also check if the update is available in the Settings option, per the steps listed in this email."

The wait continues.

Just imagine, at the end of April it will be a year since I ordered the car, where is the time going ?

Help, my car is being held hostage! I took it to the dealer last Friday for two things, 1 possibly serious, 1 not. The serious one was that my wife reported some sort of brake failure at low speed. I wasn’t in the car and it’s hard for me to ascertain what happened. I drove out to her and did find that there were lights on the dash indicating things like “check tyre pressure” but none related to the brakes and all of them yellow rather than red, so not indicating serious problems. I drove it home with no problems and in the days following, it was fine. But, I thought, better to get it checked out.

The other problem was repeated disconnections of the car from the internet.

So I took it in last Friday. Work was completed on Tuesday and they asked to keep it overnight for a technician to do some on the road tests. I expected it delivered Wednesday morning. It wasn’t delivered. Dealer claimed they were waiting for the OK from VW. Spoke to VW Ireland. They said their technician was waiting to hear from “the factory” in Germany.

Thursday came and went with my car still being held in limbo: not being worked on, not being tested, just being held by the dealer.

Here we are now on the 8th day and my car remains in limbo and still waiting for somebody somewhere in either Germany or here to give the OK to give me back my car. This is now the third day since work was completed that the car has been sitting at the dealer’s. But I can’t have it and nobody has offered a full explanation for why.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭heron_joe

Sorry if I missed it but are folks getting called to book a service - that it's due? Seems a bit early, mine is ~14 months old with less than 20kms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

Here is the service schedule for the I'd range.

Bring it back after 2years,regardless of mileage,dealer is being a tosser if he tries to float anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,035 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Did they give you a loaner?

I'd rather they keep the car until they are certain the breaks are ok than send it out now.

Yes, they did. A Tiguan (a truly awful car, but that's neither here nor there).

I'm perfectly fine with them being certain the brakes are OK. That's not what's happening here. The car has had no work and no testing done on it in the last 72 hours. Rather, they sent everything off to VW (in Germany) on Tuesday and have been waiting ever since. Nobody has told me what the hold-up is, what the likely resolution is, when I'm likely to get the car back. And I'm looking at the second consecutive weekend without it. I don't know, for example, whether the paperwork is sitting on someone's desk or being minutely pored over by an entire team. I have no idea whether this is something that affects only my car or all ID.3s. Someone at the dealer did suggest that they were "waiting" for a "software update," but it was by no means clear what that meant. I asked if he meant software 2.4 (which could take weeks to come down) but he didn't know.

I have no confidence that anyone at VW is able to repair this car. I don't think anyone else should, either.

Update: got the car back. Other than testing and some software updates, nothing was done. The disconnection problem is supposed to be solved in 3.0. And the braking problem, which is not deemed serious enough to keep the car off the road, also requires a software fix that isn't available yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

I got an email from vw ireland confirming, the 2 years unlimited "milage".

The service manager at my dealer had claimed that vw ireland had said the unlimited milage on the website was a mistake and that a service was due after 30,000km or 2 years whichever is first.

Speaks for itself really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

just looking at WeCharge options, I see We Chrage Go says 0 euro at 'charge points'. Compared to 30cent on We Charge Free.

Am I reading this correctly? I can pop along to an EV Box charge station on the VW map, and it will cot nothing to charge up provided I am signed up to WeCharge Go? at 7.5/month for 12 months.

Post a screenshot because I'm not seeing that anywhere on the app.

We Charge Go say no extra charging fee which I assume is no connection fee.

Yes that's the connection fee.

On the Free plan they charge 30c connection fee to ESB chargers but that's waived on the paid plans.

error reports

any thoughts, 8 days in the garage as experienced by Sham the Sam😎

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭electricus

I saw that fault once a couple of months ago but it hasn't appeared since. I've had similiar messages (no more than 4 or 5 in six months) about Travel Assist or other assist functions not available but they clear after a couple of minutes driving or after restarting the car.

Thanks, it occurred after this drama yesterday.

Came back from a trip yesterday, 3% and turtle just as I reversed into the drive.

Started the granny cable charger and left it.

100% dead when I went out this morning

Used key to open it.

I guessed the 12v was flat so once the 12v was charging for a bit, its all back and granny cable charging is now working as well/

It looks like it charged to 5% and then died.

Car is 5 months old/ 11,000 kms

Is there some point at which the 12v is not charged by the big battery?

on the infotainment panel, you see the car and 'easy open' pointing towards the boot - what does that mean?

Also is there some massive manual somewhere thats up to date? online? The included one is nothing basically.

Oh also collected my one :) ordered in July :) Thanks to the forum for all the help/answers. Happy to answer a question if I can, I have a ID3 and ID wall box. Other than that, I know very little else.

Manual is in the infotainment system under help. It’s helpfully called “Veh. Wall” (for Vehicle Wallet, whatever that’s supposed to mean).

My ID3 is 2.3 software but I see a notification saying that and software update is availible, I clicked it and then it tells me unable to retrive at this time or similar.

Also if I ask for internet radio, it just says unavailible.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

Internet radio needs paid data plan which isn't competitively priced,or use you phone as a hotspot and connect the car to phone.

But then if you don't have your phone connected to the cars wifi other stuff doesn't work properly.personally I've gone this route and just ignore the internet radio.

Perhaps a stupid question: am I right to assume that I'm not obliged to have the car serviced at the dealer I bought it from? That last experience was woeful and, when I got the car home, I found that it was put back together carelessly such that insulation was showing in the boot and the left rear seatbelt clasp was wedged under the seat in a way that I can't put it back, making the left rear seat unusable.

This is after they kept the car for 8 days, did nothing but tests (no repairs), and returned it to me with a promise that the two issues would be solved with "software updates" at some future time.

I no longer have confidence (at all) in that dealer. It may turn out that they're all just as bad, but I'll take my chances...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ewj1978

no obligation whatsoever. Any VW dealer is fine to go to.

Can anyone help with the following:

1) I linked the car to my home wifi, 4 bars - but I don't see what the use of that was, what can it do that it can't from it's own standard wifi? Internet radio is not availible in either case.

2) On the media section of the infotainment, my phone is linked via bluetooth and my sources -> bluetooth -> music -> empty, while on my phone VLC has plenty of music. I also see another source thats not my bluetooth not sure what that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

I get the one about the "dynamic cornering light" every so often for some reason. Which is strange because the car doesn't have them I think

Advertisement