Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Investigates [RTE 1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,015 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,391 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Yes maybe in several cases it was nod, nod, wink, wink - we can all be winners here. Until things turned sour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Only saw this last night. My god what a weapon she is and Id say the 500k RTE accounted for is only the tip of the iceberg. ts also hard to believe that 1 million went missing from DJ's cleaning company were she was the finance director and he reported her to the Garda Fraud Squad yet nothing ever came of it. To make matters worse her mother and sister took her side in the dispute and then just to really twist the knife on DJ they went and set up a tival cleaning company to presumably try to steal his clients

It is understood DJ made the initial complaint to Kilkenny gardaí.

Sources close to the Carey family say the bitter row has torn them apart. It is understood that personal attempts were made to resolve the issue but a total breakdown in communication between brother and sister meant this was not possible.

‘It’s the typical family feud over money. It has the power to destroy families and it has certainly driven a wedge between them,’ said one.

There are serious ructions going on because of it, with certain members siding with Catríona and others with DJ. It is very upsetting for all involved, and is has become very bitter indeed. It is sad because Catríona and DJ were very close.’

Since leaving DJ’s firm, which has sold cleaning products since 1994, Miss Carey has set up a new company called Carey Cleaning Supplies Ltd with her sister, Liz and mother, Maura, apparently in competition with his

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1345467/DJ-Carey-s-1m-fraud-claim-Hurling-legend-calls-gardai-sister-missing-cash.html

So she dips her brother for 1 million, sends his company to the wall and then just to add insult to injury his own mother and another sister take the side of Catriona and go and set up a rival company to try to crucify him even more. It sounds to me like all the female members of the Carey family are absolute weapons.

Plus the brazenness of it all. I could understand it more if she did a bunk to another country with her stolen money. But no, she was playing hockey in Kilkenny as recently as 6 days ago as if nothing ever happened. There is a real psychopathic quality about that kind of behaviour, she literally has no shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

That statement from Ciara R is well and good but at no point does she mention that even if Carey's intentions were good, what she was proposing to do wasn't legal under Irish law as the company wasn't regulated by the Central Bank. She may not be a crook but she's certainly coming across as incompetent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 776 ✭✭✭cap.in.hand.

Was looking at a YouTube video ....'conor Ryan confronts Charles Allen trust' ...in it the Irish examiner reporter calls to a premises that looks like it being renovated and meets Allen who tells him it's private property and get out...but reporter said it's not ...so next thing Allen says I'm calling the gardai and walks back in the door of the premises and shouts in the door.. CATHRIONA.... call the guards.. wonder is it the cathriona Carey.... interestingly Charles Allen is also from Kilkenny

Post edited by cap.in.hand. on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

In the legal profession and never questioned cash payments !

People may have been desperate but anyone that wants to be paid in cash has something to hide and should have alerted people that something wasnt right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

I'm sure CC could issue an almost identical hand-wringing statement implying that she had proceeded on the basis of the "best legal advice" from Ciara R and is now likewise in fear of mob-rule, despite having the best of intentions.

A lot of her texts implied that the delays were legal hiccups. If this goes to court, there will be some amount of mud to be flung.

I still don't see any coherent exit strategy for this scheme though. Complete "Mr Micawber" and assumed that somehow there would be magic beans? Do a Michael Lynn and aim to retire to sunnier climes? In hock to the mob?

Thanks for putting up that YouTube clip dempo1

I couldn't resist , So to speak 😁 I must look up whatever happened to that chancer , thanks for the reminder 😏

• Advertisement

https://www.pressreader.com/ireland/the-irish-mail-on-sunday/20130915/281505043904144

The sister of DJ Carey is linked to 'shadowy' property trust

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Eoineo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭Xander10

I had a brief recall of DJ's car being robbed when a sum of cash in it. Here is a link. interesting read. several mobiles taken (why have more than one?) and €2,500 in cash stolen. His sister came to the rescue in retrieving his €50K BMW:

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-10090042.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,212 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

How unfortunate that he had several mobile phones plus €2500 in the car!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

That incident took place locally, the talk at the time was that the amount of cash was much higher, the takings on the gate, from Gaa match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

don't tell me DJ is a rogue too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭Xander10

there were two separate car theft incidents, both had sums of cash in the car!

im quoting your link again for those who don’t have Twitter. I’ll be having my tea and biscuits late this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭standardg60

Thought it was interesting that Paul Murphy in his interview on radio posted earlier referred to Carey drawing her clients from a pool of people who were being influenced by land leaguers/freemen.

There doesn't seem to any evidence that any of the victims were actually engaging with their lenders to resolve their predicaments (how else could the post office appear on bidx1 unbeknownst to the owner), and instead were resorting to social media for their information. Also what responsible legal entity like Chara would seem to only resort to Facebook for securing clients.

It always takes two sides for these scams to work, one to offer the proceeds of the Nigerian Lottery/ distant inheritance, and the other who's naive/desperate/greedy enough to send the deposit to release the funds. I'd certainly have less sympathy for the people involved, who all managed to come up with sizable sums of cash, if they were sticking their heads in the sand in relation to dealing with their lenders, and were looking for easy way outs.

In relation to Ruschitzko's statement, i'd be firmly of the belief that she was the one who was approached by RTE and decided to turn tail and claim that she was a victim herself. It seems utterly ridiculous that a legal professional would not inform themselves whether a company claiming to have the ability to negotiate with lenders would at least be regulated by the central bank.

Tonight's Primetime should be interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Id never heard of that Charlie Allen chap, what was his scam? Seems he convinced property owners to sign over their propertes to him a trust or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Catriona won't be happy her Wikipedia page updated .

Just putting these 2 UK companies that she’s also a director of here. First one is due to be struck off but wtf is she at with crude oil services? The other shareholder lasted 17 days, what was that about?

WESTMINISTER MERCHANT TRADE UK LIMITED is a Private Limited Company from LONDON ENGLAND and has the status: Active - Proposal to Strike off.

This company is listed in the following categories: 

06100 - Extraction of crude petroleum

MP&P PRIVATE COMMERCIAL INVESTMENTS LTD was incorporated 1 years ago on 10/07/2020 and has the registered number: 12733613. The accounts status is NO ACCOUNTS FILED and accounts are next due on 10/04/2022.

This company is listed in the following categories: 

64305 - Activities of property unit trusts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

If that's not fraud then I don't know what the feck is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,296 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Wonder who audited the company accounts, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Mad. She has to go to jail!

Is she arrested yet!?!?!?

Holy ****. She used money from the Careysfort victims to pay back the hairdresser she defrauded

• Advertisement

Unbelievable, actually, It's Not, now that I think about it 😏

Advertisement