Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fe1ki5

Regurgitating the entire text from the Act is frowned upon almost when it is legislation you have in front of you. Examiners tend to see it as pointless as they know the legislation and they know you have access to it so writing it out word for word would be a waste of time. Referring to the relevant section with the knowledge of how it allied to your answer etc is all that's required.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 FE1million

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭AA21

Does anyone have up to date EU & Company notes they wouldn’t mind passing on?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭AA247

Does anyone have Company exam paper and examiner reports for March 20,21 & October 20??

Also has anyone had word from the Law Society on when the examiner report for October 21 might be available?

Any tips on how to tackle Competition Law for EU?? I am feeling really behind and tempted to leave it out but worried it is going to leave me short!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭swankyslug

I’m feeling exactly the same 😅 trying to decide what to leave out because I don’t have time to cover everything. Are you doing a revision course like Griffith? I think they gave tips towards the end of this month about what’s coming up!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Costello95

Anyone any ideas when the city colleges night before notes will be up for this sitting?

Yeah I'm doing Law School but only started after the results came out in December.

I'm hoping it might be enough to study:-

Institutions/sources of law

Direct indirect effect/MS liability

Fundamental rights

Judicial review

EU citizenship/FO Workers

Freedom of goods x2

But thinking its too risky

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jigglypuff349

Hi guys, does anyone have the last few exam papers/reports for tort? Would be greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 40 fe1taker1998

Would anybody have a criminal revision guide (new one?) Have stuff to swap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭fe1fi20

does anyone think that ultra vires will come up for company this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 helpagirloutfe1

Does anyone know what topic Q1 of the 2021 EU Law paper was in reference to?

It was an International Law Q and probably not answered by many

• Registered Users Posts: 3 C0G1000

When people say they are covering Fundamental Rights for Company do they mean they are just covering that or are they covering the entire chapter as in General Principles? I guess im wondering if i cut out the other stuff and just do Fundamental Rights will it hinder me in the exam?

Sometimes questions come up on the papers asking for a discussion of all the general principles so I don't think you'd be able to answer the full question if that question came up

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭catonafence

Would anyone be able to share Constitutional sample answers (after 2015) please ? I have lots of materials to swop in exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭T.Chunter164

does anyone have an up to date constitutional law exam grid? Can provide any other exam grip in return. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭TCPIP

Does anybody have a copy of the March 2021 Property script they'd be willing to share?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 LawCopy16

For anyone doing equity - for quia timet injunctions, the past papers all ask similar questions. I'm aware that in the Szabo case the Court said that the test for QTs at interlocutory stage is the same as that for other interlocutory injunctions (campus oil notwithstanding the court's reluctance to apply campus oil when health is at issue). For the QT questions, do we do the whole question based only on QT cases (which is quite short) or do we discuss QT at the start and then apply the campus oil test?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Lightup1

Tort

What is everybody studying for Tort Law? Really starting to feel like I'm drowning in at the moment and would really appreciate some guidance on topics please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Kkelly97

Anyone have EU or Contract guide for this sitting?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭AA21

Just wondering if anyone has Eu or company up to date notes that I could get? Can trade

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jigglypuff349

Any tort predictions for this sitting/have any prep courses said anything? would be very appreciated, not sure what small topics to cut !

• Registered Users Posts: 22 shadow2000

i believe it’s just QT cases, but mentioning that in Szabo, Geoghegan J held that CO principles shouldn’t be applied in these cases and it hasn’t yet been overruled. In examiner reports, it was mentioned that you could add in a paragraph about damages being inadequate in the QT problem question

Does anyone have any tips for Constitutional? Feeling overwhelmed and very behind, there's so much to cover

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭coffeeandlaw

does anyone know if they are planning on amalgamating PPC1 and PPC2 together this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭BigSprogs

Anyone studying Competition Law for EU, do we need to know Mergers too? I know mergers is a small topic but trying to cut down a little, just not sure how often mergers comes up as part of the question

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Lawkp

I think it'll be either ultra vires or ostensible authority. Usually one or the other comes up and neither have come up in the last paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 jcarroll9

I've heard from a solicitor who assists with recruitment in one of the larger firms that they are amalgamating them from this september, but I haven't seen it anywhere else (i also haven't looked)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭swankyslug

How important is landlord and tenant for this sitting of property? I made notes a month back but I’d like to leave a few things out of revision to save on time for other subjects

Advertisement