Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Snooker Loopy

NATO is and always has been a Russian red herring. This is not about NATO. This is about blood and soil Russian fascism, the fact that Putin will not countenance a flourishing ex-Soviet democracy on his doorstep because the very existence of such threatens his bloodsucking criminal mafia regime, and all out hatred of the west - insane, murderous, hatred.

Nothing can ever satisfy Putin. His demands are always completely unreasonable, and there will always be more. He is like a shark, he can never stop, and he is to be trusted as much as a shark off a Sydney beach.

It is beyond time that the tables were turned on this monster, up to and including the decapitation of his regime and his transportation to The Hague to face war crimes charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

There are more US and other NATO troops on foreign soil than Russian troops.

Every effort should be made to avoid war but the US are ratcheting up the tension saying invasion has been imminent since the start of the year.

Biden is trying to bolster disastrous approval ratings by trying to appear a strong man in negotiations with Russia.

Biden is not a strong man.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭MFPM

Not really sure what you mean by the 'Irish cause' or indeed the point your making, it would be hard to find many people who didn't support it, didn't Libya supply arms?

As for FDI, you're quite right they did, though their motivation for it can be debated, however it hardly absolves them of their crimes, does it? Indeed if you follow that logic in the Ukranian situation you'd be excusing Putin because of every supply!

I made no comment about cancer I stated factually and correctly that US imperialism is a malevolent force who have committed some horrific crimes in the 21st century and they are currently committing directly or by proxy similar crimes today while parading themselves as paragons of virtue in this situation.

It's not irrelevant FFS, Ukraine is at the centre of a geopolitical conflict between two imperial powers,the US couldn't give two f@cks about the Ukranian people or democracy or sovereignty and anyone who argues otherwise is at best naive and at worst dishonest.

I see @Gatling descending to crude posting....always a sign of someone running out of ideas...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,645 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Simple question, straight answer

Who would you prefer as the world's foremost super power; Russia or the US?

Please answer.

• Advertisement

Putin should face war crimes charges in The Hague, along with Bush and Blair for their illegal invasion of Iraq which resulted in half a million deaths.

If you want to debate issues with me I'll thank you to not use expressions like 'weasel words' or 'putin propogandist' thank you. I've been civil to you in our dealings and this is not the first time you've resorted to such language and lies.

Secondly, I'll thank you to respond or discuss what I write and not what you think I write. I made no comment about the US being at fault for Ukraine...I have made critiques of Russia, but the point your missing is that the issues with Russia are well stated here and in the media, there's no need to add to it in any substantial way, I'm simply pointing out the hypocrisy of the US/UK and the posters here echoing their propaganda. It's valid, it's factual, it's relevant and most of all it's necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheTruth89

Good job most people aren't that way anyway or we d all be speaking German now. Submitting and appeasement are all fantastic ways to get peace! We only have to offer up the Ukrainian people to have peace ourselves! what a great deal!

And then the Russians know anytime they want something just threaten war and we ll submit because we wouldn't want to risk anything Jesus they d have the life of reily.

No one wants war but Russia is forcing it. Not the us or anyone else but RUSSIA.

Theirs a slight difference there, the NATO troops in these places are ALLOWED there AND they arent there to invade and take over another nation.

The US couldnt ratchet anything up with out Russia first and foremost positioning there troops in an aggressive manner and posturing for invasion. Their is a few massive holes in your theory.

Least of all we are leaving out the fact that Russia has already invaded and taken over a part of Ukraine. So it doesnt need much ratcheting to believe russia would invade again.

I'd prefer to live in a world with no superpowers obviously as I'dimagine most people would. I suppose it depends on your perspective too, in Israel, Saudi Arabia, Qatar I dare say the US but if you're in Chile, Venezuela, Bolivia, Nicaragua I'd say you'd get a different answer...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Ukraine is in a geopolitical conflict between two imperial powers.

I don't understand this, who is the other "power"? I only see one which occupies their land.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,645 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Just like I thought. Like the rest of them you can't bring yourself to give the answer.

We live in the real world. "No super powers" is not an option.

Is the crux of this argument that the us have made mistakes in foreign wars therefore Russia is justified in occupying Ukraine?

I mean that's pretty weak

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Lol. Sure. Now show me one state where USA or Nato or Russia "intervened" recently with a result, which was of benefit for local population.

Fine don't clarify your argument, I guess we will never know wtf you are on about

I think you'll find I did answer, I didn't realise it had to be the answer you wanted, forgive me!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Not true at all ...

It's Seems your arguing for something isn't there ,

Biden isn't the one ratcheting anything up

I agree completely and hopefully Russia will end their intervention in Ukraine. For the sake of the Ukrainian people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Still trying to figure how one Poster is claiming America will create a false flag event ,

So American will create a false flag to get Russia to invade ukraine .....

Like seriously are people that desperate for attention ?

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭BurgerFace

If a Russian shell can't blow the air out of half a dozen soccer balls then I would think that kindergarten kids are probably OK. A supposed cannister slams through the roof of a house but lands comfortably on a bed in Syria. What cause that big hole in the wall? Was it a missile or artillery. Soccer balls sitting neatly in a cabinet.

Big soccer balls aren't they...like adult regulation. Don't remember having 6 of them in my kindergarten when I was 4.

The Russian troops are within their own border.

Of course the US and NATO could spark a war. Have a look at operation Northwoods, Gulf of Tonkin.

One of the first recorded false flag operations was undertaken by Sweden to attack Russia.

American troops went into Grenada, Panama, Iraq, Syria all illegally. The US have overthrown democratically elected governments, such as in Iran and supported brutal despots.

All of us in the west have been fed a diet of American soft power culture as soon as we could walk and talk. We find it difficult to see US ulterior motives having been fed a diet of Seinfeld and Friends, the Wonder Years and Band of Brothers.

Almost all the reports we receive on the Ukrainian crisis are from the US perspective. The US presents “evidence” and it is regurgitated in the western media as unquestioned fact. Despite the massive intelligence mistakes about WMD occurring less than 20 years ago, based on a lie, resulting in half a million deaths, for which no one has been held accountable.

It is an option. It’s simply the case that you cannot imagine it.

A real world without superpowers has existed for longer than a real world with them.

LMAO in fairness to them there is some serious mental gymnastics going on to blame America for Russia invading Ukraine 😂

One lad is saying so long as the Artillery shells being lobed at a play school dont burst the soccer balls its alright to do so..

I genuinely thought it was trolling but these people are dead serious. These people genuinely believe this stuff.... One can only laugh.

I bet it will happen roughly the same time when USA will end their intervention in Syria. You know, for the sake of the Syrian people...

You seems to ignore history and try to invent some zeitgeist reality. Fact is that there was always superpower, they tend to decline and others take over... Pretty much what is happening now.

I think it is you who is ignoring history, or having an extremely narrow view of it.

When speaking historically and accusing others of ignoring history, terms like “always” shouldn’t be thrown about.

We're in 2022 man the Russians are Posturing to invade the Ukraine for a 2nd time. This isnt the history of America thread.

• Advertisement

Or sorry, I didn’t realize context wasn’t allowed. Or that US illegal invasions of less than 20 years ago are ancient history.

In that case, Murica, hell yeah!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement