Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭BurgerFace

According to Biden the threat of a Russian invasion is "Very High"

If you were in a position to invade and destroy The Ukraine, what would you do right now? You have 150k troops on the Eastern border and your objective is to conquer the country. What would your next move be if you were in charge of the armies that are to invade and occupy?

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheTruth89

Do tell the relevance of America's invading of Iraq to the current situation in Ukraine.

"allegedly using A tank"

Wow...."A" tank.

Hardly a threat to NATO then.

What next? A bunch of kids spray "suck my cock" on a wall and that's going to make the news?

But what is aggression? You see Russian troops building up in point A. They see troops building up in point B

Why should Russians be aggressive and not the other side?

• Advertisement

Because russia is the one threatening to invade a country that is no threat to it for a 2nd time and take some more of it's territory.

That is why they are the aggressor that's how it works...

Is this real life ? What is this logic...

I would like to ask a VERY SIMPLE QUESTION.

Does anybody have any photographs of a Russian buildup on the Ukrainian border?

The US needed almost 2 years to align probably a million people to attack Iraq. And that was a country that was hammered by years of sanctions and NATO bombing since 1991.

How the hell can 150k troops defeat Ukraine?

By next Sunday there will be no talk of Russia attacking anybody.

A lot of us see it differently.

A lot of people see a threat from the other side.

You see Russia as about to attack Europe, Russians see NATO as about to attack THEM.

So one might need to contemplate these worries on either side.

It's not hard to consider trepidation on the Russian side. They have valid fears and concerns, no?

Here's how it is going to play out.

The Russians aren't going to invade anyone. They will just go about their business.

Morons in the Wesht are going to waffle about an invasion. Nothing will happen. The whole Russian threat will just fizzle out. Biden will say some drivel. Bojo too, perhaps and that's it.

Ukrainian girls and their Russian mates in Uni will go clubbing.

And here's what else is NOT going to happen....

Hurricane Eunice won't do SH!T

There will be rain and wind. That's it.

It will be as big a fcuking nothing-burger as Russia invading Ukraine.

• Advertisement

For all the talk of WWII, 'appeasement' and Putin being like Hitler, the 'funny' thing is that the only actual Nazis in this entire clusterfeck are from the Ukraine.

On the notorious Azov Battalion:

Run by the extremist Patriot of Ukraine organisation, which considers Jews and other minorities "sub-human" and calls for a white, Christian crusade against them, it sports three Nazi symbols on its insignia: a modified Wolf's Hook, a black sun (or "Hakensonne") and the title Black Corps, which was used by the Waffen SS.

Azov is just one of more than 50 volunteer groups fighting in the east, the vast majority of which are not extremist, yet it seems to enjoy special backing from some top officials.

Anyone that thinks this situation is a simple good-evil play hasn't looked closely enough.

If there are 'Putinbots' here then it could equally be said that there are neo-Nazi supporters.

Is this the 1920s?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭MFPM

Not to mention Washington is arming these Neo nazis but that's not a problem for many of the lads here!

Why do you see it differently tho?

When has NATO attacked or expressed a will to attack Russia for no reason and take it's territory? (this would be very bloody unjust and pointless and wouldnt be tolerated in any shape or form by western people)

Not to mention Russia is nuclear armed and if for some reason NATO for some reason on whim decided to attack them they have that defense.

So we have factually established that an attack at random by the west on Russia is based on completely unfounded paranoia.

Russia attacking Europe is a very real prospect especially since they have a habit of attacking former Soviet block states as they have already done so on multiple occasions , via false flag or some other whim. 2008, 2014 and currently gearing up to do so in 2022.

So factually speaking it doesn't take much for Russia to justify full scale attacks on its neighbors since the totalitarian regime of Putin operates unchallenged via fear and controll.

The US MIC (I'm including the intelligence agencies in that) has a long tradition of nuturing Nazis post WWII, Klaus Barbie being a stellar example. I suppose this is a continuation of that shameful tradition.

Between the toxic extremes of Nazism and Marxism I have had about as much as I can take of Germanic power philosophies.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shillyshilly

If you ask the Russian's, Syria and their work in CAF has been an overwhelming success....

With the French led Mali mission being wound down, I'm assuming they'll claim a victory there too... Bearing in mind, their main foothold there is supported by Wagner group, who "have no connection to the Russian state", funny that.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shillyshilly

That's a key point you raise.... there are many people on here just critiquing the Russian's, but you have taken exception to it and taken it as a homage to the US numerous times, and descended responses into unnecessary garbage about how the US were bad in Iraq.

Look forward to your gaslighting response.

Looks like Russian disinformation have done a good job with you,or you are simply on Prigozhins payroll

• Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭timmyntc

2-days post invasion now, I'd expect Kiev to have fallen by this stage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

When you login and find 6 burgerface rants your tagged in .....

And we're back to Iraq the deflection and whataboutry is comical

• Registered Users Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

It's kind of ironic. Russia's leadership used to have some soft spot for their own nationalist ultras & hooligans. Didn't they praise their fighting skills vs English football supporters at one time?

The whole "They are Nazis" thing seems to be a running theme with oh so many governments, groups and organisations Russia does not like. Nazis under the bed. I see fascist people.

I find both the Russian and American MICs to be untrustworthy and unethical. And my dislike for the US MIC is borne out genuine affection and love for American people, not anti-Americanism. The first victims of the US MIC are Americans... the vets with PTSD, the vet suicides, Gulf War Syndrome, a corrupt system that keeps college expensive and dangles military service as a way to get there.

Biden is about to sign off on another HUGE budget for the Pentagon.. money that would be better spent on social and infrastructure programs in the US itself. Similarly, Russia should be spending money on useful productive things, not this retrograde sabre-rattling.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Under ceasefire agreements, shelling tanks from isn't allowed, so it's a development. They hit civilian buildings, so they are trying to provoke the Ukrainians into retaliating.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

There are full-on foaming-at-the-mouth types in some of these threads, Putin could launch a full-scale invasion tomorrow and they'd be defending it relentlessly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I think some people are only capable of taking an “us” v “them” approach to certain topics. This happened during COVID aswell, people tried to shout down anybody who tried to even discuss the virus before it was widespread.

I guess people will either troll for fun (or out of mental sickness) or lack the capacity to debate/discuss these topics in a rationally objective manner. In some cases they put their fingers in their ears and hope they can shout down debate that either unsettles them or they can’t calmly discuss their views.

I don’t follow this situation too much, it’s either gonna happen or it won’t, I can’t change anything. But I filter whatever I hear and don’t take everything as fact. I presume there’s shenanigans of sorts on all sides because that’s the game of thrones.

The Victor always writes the history books according to how they view things and everybody adopts it as gospel. Similarly, control of narrative , to control the hearts of the many, is imperative so one can position oneself as the righteous goodies.

I’ve not seen an awful lot of positive things to defend Russians actions to be fair. And on it’s own when you have what is effectively a dictator like Putin advancing whatever his own personal (not necessarily Russian) crusade is at the expense of peace and a country that wanted to be separate from Russia, one has to ask how this cause is just.

The Americans having question marks over their name on other things, does not automatically imply they are the aggressors in this situation. That’s just deflection, like when somebody accuses one person of doing something and instead of proving your innocence you attack them with alternative information so you don’t have to address the evidence against you (or information that disproves your viewpoint).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

Why are you personalizing the debate?

Play the ball, not the man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,433 ✭✭✭jmreire

Burgerface, back at you:- Can you provide any pics that there is no buildup of Russian forces on the border with Ukraine??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement