Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Eunice - Friday 18th February - Wind & Snow Potential

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,444 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I'd say 2 to 3cm of snow in Castlebar judging by a brief look out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Whats the story for Wicklow? Absolutely nothing here in Greystones, like any other night so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

Normal enough so far in North Dublin, just some heavy rain starting now.

Its quite calm in Arklow, wind 10 min average is about 30kmh atm

Peaked at 72kmh around 2 hrs ago

Pressure still falling,currently 983

Thats to be expected nearer the still approaching low

Am expecting wind to really ramp up here in a couple of hours as the low pulls away east to the south

• Registered Users Posts: 23,669 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Wrap around coming in now, the front back on to the west coast, introducing much colder air as it crosses the country with precipitation turning to sleet and snow

• Advertisement

woke me up - something fell over in garden.

971.63 hPa here

Not so much as a flake here in South Donegal. Was hoping to have a Winter Wonderland for the children waking up for their day off school 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Still stihl waters 3

Not a puff in North clare bar an odd flash of lightning

• Registered Users Posts: 14,464 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Amazing, right on cue somebody posts that there is no storm about an hour before the eye reaches land. It is almost as predictable as the ICON adding 10% to wind gusts for no known reason, or a random dig at teachers. BINGO !!!

It is fairly blustery now all through the south but as they say, you ain't seen nothin yet. The gradient on the back side will be considerably stronger.

The primary low is just about into south Kerry now, Valentia winds have decreased as a response. Not sure if their 0600h report will still be reflecting the calmer eye conditions or just into the first of the strong northwesterlies. But 0700h report there will be very strong northwest, I think. Sherkin may not show much of a lull as it will only last a few minutes at a time along the south coast, might come between hourly reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭sliabh 1956

Very quite here in Ennis a bit of wind during the night nothing major at the moment very quite and a bit of drizzle is it the calm before the storm i wonder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭fits

very calm in south Carlow now. Was a bit of wind around 1-2 am - just raining now. But it’s still to come I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

People seem to have gotten very confused about the timing, as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭fits

Well the orange warning is valid from 3 am to 11 am. My sons bus service will be making a decision around now whether or not to pick him up at 8:30. It’s fine here now so I guess they will come and maybe be out in the heighth of it. Which is ok. I’m sure it will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭4Ad

Very calm in East Clare, not a puff.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cw85

Same in Carlow Town, but I think between 7 and 11 is when we'll see the brunt of it

Lightning in that heavy band approaching Galway, have to drive through that now on the commute, dash cam ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭venusdoom

Very calm in South west Donegal. Drizzling rain, no snow. Wondering what the next few hours will bring.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭davemc6832

Got a good covering in Churchill.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

If the strongest winds are always on the south west part of an Atlantic storm then the worse of this storm is really out off the Cork coast. But can see why Cornwall and south Wales will be in direct firing line.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭freesia1

Just waking here in Dublin 7. Not hearing much outside . Have I slept through the storm or has it yet to come?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭heffoo

You’re clearly too idiotic to read any posts that say it’s still to hit the south and south east.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Just Wet snow here in Donegal unfortunately, fields and car have some snow on them. Further inland would be heavy I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Gone from dead calm and birds singing to squally and winds really picking up now in Kerry.

Heavy rain in Galway, small ice particles just about visible in the drops. A long way from snow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

I am in North Cork and quite calm now. I wonder will the red warning ending at 8am be extended to 11/12 given it seems a bit later arriving than anticipated.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Landfall in the next hour or less by the looks. I'm going to be stuck in work, just hope no one gets caught out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Kiki1

Had some heavy rain showers in the last hour - started snowing now!

Not far from Ballyhaunis

• Registered Users Posts: 16,743 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

It has started raining again .

This reminds me of the time last year where it snowed in certain parts of the west, but it stayed as rain here.

• Advertisement

Absolutely calm in Cork City now.

973.8hPa

Advertisement