Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sofa (General Chat Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Does the Swamp Thing series have an ending for the story ?

I read that the trouble that lead to it being cancelled occured while it was still filming.

Post edited by Need a Username on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Oooohh jeez, stretching my memory on that one.

I remember getting an intro to the Swamp Thing universe.. I don't remember any particularly huge cliffhanger. It's a DC show though so I got the feeling it had plenty more comics stories it could have covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

WarnerMedia and ViacomCBS Are Exploring Possible Sale of CW Network

In TRYING on AppleTV+ what accents do Nikki and Jason have?

Is Nikki from Liverpool?

As much as I have travelled I’m terrible at identifying accents.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,022 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Advertisement

Is there roundhouse kicking in that new Walker series?

I watched Walking Dead Season 11 episode 4 just now. Daryl as a prisoner of the Reapers.

The are just a complete mess of a creation. And Pope’s monologue to Daryl was painful to listen to - it meaningless and just seemed to go on and on. Then there is the cliched minion who for no reason just doesn’t like Daryl because…

And Daryl’s ex being a member makes even less sense than any of that.

I really hope they all get killed off in this batch of episodes. It is their first proper appearance and they are sufficiently bad that I don’t want them staining Part 2

No spoilers though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Just watching Archive 81 and Matt McGorry from HTGAWM is in it but lockdown was obviously not kind to him - he is huge

• Registered Users Posts: 60,546 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Chuck reboot the next one up by the looks of it.

Zachary Levi.

I've been trying to make a Chuck movie since before we even finished the show. Like, I was always like, for almost no money budget and no time, we were basically making a mini action movie every week anyway. And so if we have a little more budget and a little more time we could make some really killer little Chuck movies and put them online or whatever the heck. I've been literally trying to do this since 2012. And dude, I feel like the time is nigh. Yeah, I've had some very good, promising conversations with the creators Josh Schwartz and Chris Fedak. We had a really lovely get-together and catch-up.

"Y'know, during the pandemic we did a Chuck reunion Zoom deal and it was so great. I mean, I think it was a great reminder for everyone just how special and magical our little family was, and everyone was just right back into it. It was really great. And I think Josh and Chris, and they've built entire empires for themselves now, and the time is good, so hopefully. We'll see. For all the Chuck fans who are listening to this right now, this is not--I don't know if this is an official announcement or not, but I will tell you that for all of you who have been patient, thank you for your patience, I have not stopped trying and I will not stop trying. I've joked that even if I'm a geriatric Chuck, we're gonna do it one day.

"But I think we're close to making something happen, which I'm super excited about. And I think it works perfect because now, y'know, it's a Warner Bros. show, it's owned by Warner Bros., and I think that with all the streamers now and HBO Max, we could easily start making some movies and putting them there."

Here's the interview he mentioned the reboot

Honestly, Chuck was a great show. All I really want is confirmation that Sara actually got her memory back at the end of the series finale. Hopefully it's not a full reboot and more a revival

• Advertisement

From Coulson's quote it seems more of a Psych type movie continuations.

Is there any whispers yet of when HBOMax and Paramount+ are launching?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

Should I watch the new season of Dexter? I watched the first four seasons a while back and really enjoyed it but heard that the subsequent seasons were very poor. Is it worth watching 5-8 before the new one?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Useless Lump

Why are people who make movies and TV so bad at creating dream sequences?

they always do them with the intention of having us think it is really happening but it is always so obviously a dream

and who sees themselves walking around in a dream?

10 years ago today Netflix dropped it's first original series Lilyhammer and introduced the world to binge watching.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Looks like one "casualty" of the potential sale of The CW is the proposed reboot of Babylon 5 has been pushed back to a (late) 2023 development cycle. The news popped up via J. Michael Straczynski's Patreon feed ...

I'm kind of glad of that I can only imagine it's budget on the CW would have been tiny.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Couldn't have been any smaller than the original series' budget though? 😀 Hopefully, either way the sale of CW doesn't mean it's dropped ... 'cos one'd imagine any new owner will have a hitlist of productions that'll be either bumped or dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Murder in the valleys on sky crime was very good there. 4 parter true crime doc.

I would much rather a new Babylon 5 was a sequel but with the man himself in charge I’m willing to to give a reboot a chance.

He needs complete freedom and creative control though.

I’ve been watching The Last Kingdom (no spoilers please) and it occurred to me that I have never heard people talk about it which I find surprising as it is a great series. And I remembered that I also never heard people discuss Vikings (a couple of months ago in work I mentioned that I had finished the series and no one had seen it and some never heard of it).

This lead me tonight to look up award both shows had received and for Vikings in found a few nominations and wins for “Outstanding Special Visual Effects In A Supporting Role”.

What is that? I’ve googled it but can see no answer.

Anyone watching the Legend of Vox Machina? Never watched Critical Role but really liking this series.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i'm trying to install bbc iplayer on my samsung smart TV but when i do a app search it doesn't appear??😶

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

What's up with VM1

Tuned into This Morning and it's an English based program with English stories

2021 was a good year for the Irish TV & Film industry

Ireland Attracts Record €500M Film & TV Production Spend In 2021

Ireland saw a record-breaking €500M ($570M) production spend across film, television drama, documentary and animation in 2021, according to new figures released by national agency Screen Ireland.

That figure tops the previous record set in 2019 by a mammoth 40%.

Naturally, 2020 figures were lower due to the pandemic, which continued to disrupt production well into 2021, but not enough to stop the sector reaching a new high watermark.

As is happening in the UK, international spend is driving the figures. Such production activity, including Disney’s Disenchanted which filmed on location in Dublin and Wicklow, was up 45% in 2021.

However, local Irish production was also on the rise, increasing 52% from 2019 to 2021. Recent projects include Nocebo, Joyride, Aisha and God’s Creatures.

Irish animation is also on the up, continuing a decade of growth. Recent animated projects include feature film Tea for the Dead and TV series Lady Bird Liu.

On the TV side, spend has increased 145% since Screen Ireland introduced development funding for TV drama in 2015. Upcoming projects include Holding based on Graham Norton’s novel, Smother, The Dry and Redemption.

“This record-breaking level of film and TV production in Ireland demonstrates the dedication and resilience of all those working across the sector,” said Desiree Finnegan, Ireland Chief Executive. “Despite immense challenges, the producers, directors, writers, cast and crew continued creating world-class stories to entertain audiences at home and abroad. Throughout 2021 Screen Ireland supported Ireland’s vital national cinema, increased investment in high-end TV drama, embraced innovation in the animation sector and continued excellence in documentary production.”

I read somewhere that Foundation won’t be filming in Ireland again. Is that true?

• Advertisement

The 4400 (original one) and The Dead Zone were both series made by Paramount.

Is there a good chance that they’ll be in Paramount+ when it launches here?

I went backpacking around the time both were coming back on their second seasons and just never had the chance to catch up.

Advertisement