Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭sporina

have a mate who eats like a savage.. dunno how to "be" when with him eating.. we had coffee and cake today - and he ate a big slice of cake in 4 mouthfuls.. it turned my tummy - didn't know where to look - so I just looked down at my cake with no want to eat it.. ekk..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,517 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I had a housemate with a habit of sucking meat off bones, using his hands, making a greasy mess all over his face, even at restaurants. I was privately embarrassed for him in public, but he had no problem with it - nothing I could've said would have sunk in nor appreciated. I empathise with your gag reaction cos, oh the memories of trying to get thru those meals (shudders).

• Registered Users Posts: 25,307 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

In som nia….

It sucks…. Too late to watch Netflix, nothing on TV, my bedroom smells like summer fruits as I tipped a full pint glass of it everywhere….. including on my new hairdryer that was just sitting there minding its own business….poxy.. least my new glass didn’t break… but a trip back to Argos to procure a new Remington dryer is now on the menu… I doubt it’s ok after being soaked in sugary liquid.

Ohh and 4am and my neighbours alarm again, how his next door neighbour and the others up that end havent tried to burn his place down…. Several times a week this shît now….grrrr….

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭Archeron

Stupid horrible local shop constantly ripping people off. Got a little mini batch loaf in the bakery, girl keys in the most expensive bread they sell, honey and spelt loaf for 2.90. I said excuse me, that's not the right product and she argued with me saying it was. When I asked that she cancel it and put in the right item, she grumpily asked what difference does it make anyway. She then couldn't find the right bread and got somebody else to do it. Small batch, 1.40. That's over a 100% overcharge and they do this all the time. Buy a regular coffee, get charged for large, buy three sambos, get charged for four. I've even seen them keying in the wrong amount on the card machine. I hate to think how many people are badly ripped off every day there, as it has a strong passing trade. I just know to watch the price as it goes in, at the one till where the customer facing screen hasn't been conveniently blocked with stock. Thieving scumbags.

• Advertisement

I asked local coffee shop how much a takeway Americano was today...... the woman behind the counter said €3.....I replied "its ok I'll leave it" (because personally I think €3 for takeaway is too expensive and I am on a limited budget) As I was leaving I heard her shouting over to her colleague "she couldn't afford a €3 coffee" and laughing!

I couldn't believe it, nobody knows anybody else's financial circumstances and whether they can afford something or not. I was making a personal decision about being ripped off. I won't be returning!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'd go in when it's packed and ask very loudly, "Hi, before I order my coffee, could I just check - are you still ripping off your customers?"

• Registered Users Posts: 30,430 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Driving home today and saw a Land Cruiser pulling a mini digger on a trailer in the slow lane going well below the speed limit. I pulled out into the fast lane to overtake this guy but just as I was approaching him he swerved out in front of me. I braked and pulled back, he pulled back into the slow lane so I proceeded to attempt to overtake him again only to have him swerve out again to cut me off!!! He drove the remainder of the way, until the two lanes merged into one, swerving between both lanes to prevent me overtaking him.

I got the opportunity to overtake him on a roundabout a few km's down the round, as this particular roundabout has two lanes heading to the same exit. As myself and two other cars (who would of seen his aggressive behaviour on the dual carriage way) overtook him on this roundabout, he had the nerve to blow his horn at us as if we were in the wrong!!! 🤬 To make matters worse, this guy had actually passed out a slow moving truck before I came upon him but seemed to be of the opinion that no-one is allowed to over take him!

I wish I had a dash cam so I could report him to the guards!

That Gordon's Mediterranean Orange gin tastes exactly like Exputex.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Was sharing a lovely birthday surprise organised by my "girl friends" with another friends who is not part of the "girl" group,

I said that I was a bit suspicious of the mediumship group reading , but I knew the reader was onto something when they told me my parents said x ,which amounted to blaming me for a sibling being misogynistic and arrogant. I had no input into his upbringing, so IMO its all them.

It was so typical of my parents to do this, that I felt the reader might have been talking to my parents as they claimed(I take a lot of this kind of thing with a pinch).

Ta, their response was "well maybe that's something to think about", while missing the whole birthday thing and me appreciating how lovely it was that someone went to the trouble to organise something for my often crowded out birthday.

ta2ffs was a "happy birthday" to much to ask when it was right there in front them!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My back fence just blew down. That'll be several hundred quid to fix/replace. Thanks Eunice!

TA couldn't get a price for the GB Women's team for curling final in bookies.. Was gonna do them in a double with GB Men's (they in a final too) ☹️

Related TA - no Anna Sloan on GB team this go-around.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

A Question of Sport is on so I decided to watch it. I've haven't watched it in years. Paddy McGuinness is the host. It was always some kind of sports person as host. Wtf has McGuinness done ??

Also I've never heard of the 'celebri' sports people on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

The captains have always been sportspeople, not the hosts, and I think Sue Barker was the first sportsperson to host it. I don't watch it too often but I'd struggle to identify most guests these days. Probably something to do in 'inclusivity'. Or I'm not keeping up with the right sports.

My annoyance at the moment is that I can't muster up the energy to make meself some food, and it's nearly too late to make a decent-sized meal. But I don't think I've eaten much today...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

If you lost your bin I now have a spare one going cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Sue Barker is the only person I remember hosting it. Plus I'm not a fan of Paddy McGuinness.

Call CjMaxx fencing. Expensive and unqualified, but good craic 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

David Coleman and David vine before her for about 25 years. Neither were sports people

• Advertisement

Neither were they Paddy McGuinness. That's probably my TA.

David Vine was Jesus, waste he ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Think thats David Icke you're thinking of, another sports presenter!

Head is wide awake and running laps, I just wish it would stfu and go to sleep like the rest of me.

God I know that feeling. Go to bed at 10 , and every time I'd look at the clock it was turning 2,3,4,5,. So bored lying there I'd listen 3podcasts. Then by 6 or 7 it's time to get up. I found an underlying reason though.

What is McGuinness, what does he do ? “ ohhh I know we need someone to act all.. northern, cheeky, over the top and surprised at everything… yep, paddy is your man..”

Coleman & Vine had been sports commentators though.

a couple of years ago they replaced all the old street lights here with energy saving LED ones… a big hoopla from the city council both online and correspondence to the residents association about ‘US’ going greener, more efficient and all of that…fine…the problem is they are also… massively ’light saving’ as in you literally cannot see fûck all… looks like someone hung a load of torches from the lampposts…at night now i would not be able to recognise a person from the front door just walking on the opposite path…across the road, 50-60 feet away..it will be no fun driving through fog or heavy rain..or walking home from the pub not being able to notice quickly others around amongst a dim and dark cluster of cars and property….

morons being paid public money to dis-improve our safety, wellbeing and quality of life…but we are greener, yay…because that’s all that matters…green, yay… less safe, but green, yay ?!?!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You should always check for peas under your mattresses, before going to bed. Duh.

Yes, though 6 pints of guinness makes it moot. Zzzzzz

• Advertisement

Well, that proves it. Your're not a princess.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement