Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread VI - Some like it TOH

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Zeugnis

Has Buckley got another knock? Tuimauga, brought in as loosehead cover, now starting at tight. Greg McGrath, who has been starting as tighthead, now benching as loose. I know they're omniprops but this must be very difficult for the players. this front row situation is a clusterf*.

Wonder where Wooton is, and would like to see McNulty getting more games, that back three does not inspire me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Conor Oliver is the biggest loss there, apart from Bundee and Bealham of course. Is he injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Lucas44

Would rate Sullivan ahead of both if he can get a string of games together, certainly brings a dimension the other two can’t

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭jimdemp

Arnold said he would like to return as well. Probably signed before he got this run of games or maybe wants 2 years of higher pay then return, something like the kiwis do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

A lot of these lads that aren't getting a look in internationally would be making twice if not close to 3 times the pay they'd be earning at Connacht. As much as they might love living here you'd be leaving a lot of money on the table to stay put while there's a chance to play Top 14 for a couple of years.

Arnold was getting good gametime since he joined in fairness but he's making the right choice to strike while the iron's hot. He's been quality in his stint here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,020 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

A lot of these lads that aren't getting a look in internationally would be making twice if not close to 3 times the pay they'd be earning at Connacht

That's simply not true

Sorry but it is

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Sullivan there ahead of O'Donnell (no injuries mentionned for BOD) is a clear sign we will use this NIQ spot for a big lock next season...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

If it were true, we’d hemorrhaging players from all the provinces. Average players do not earn 2-3 times as much in England or France. If they did, no NIQ player would come to Ireland.

All I can say lads is that in two known instances in the past couple of years and upcoming departures we're losing players to double and treble their current/most recent paypackets. These are not average players btw. Straight from the horse's mouth too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭dockysher

Being absolute terrible so far, so many mistakes week in week out

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Dumb from scarlets

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭AccidentallyOnside

I'm a fan of Tiernan but his performances are becoming a problem.

A lot of mistakes and is getting isolated when carrying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

He's obviously been a great player for us but Porch has been comfortably better at 15 over the past few seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭dockysher

Thanks to Scarlet's for letting us back in game with that kick nd got us going. TOH really should not be starting anymore

Started poorly but looked better as the half went on.

Having fifita and tuimaga on the pitch is helping on both defense and attack, nothing hugely flash from either but having a couple of big powerful men out there is keeping their defense honest in close.

Kalimafoni having a great game for scarlet, great player 👍

Had been thinking the same about Tuimauga especially. Don't think he has much top level experience at tighthead whatsoever but he is rock solid in the scrum, very impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,159 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Is it just my telly or is the lighting a little bit dim at the stadium?

That was brilliant from Fifita, definitely his best performance for us imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Prendergast gets through a mountain of work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,159 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Not another typical throwaway, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,462 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

A line of Scarlets players nowhere near to being onside yet they get the subsequent penalty… the drop off in refereeing standards boils my píss.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

That should be another pen try for arm around the neck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Ridiculously harsh red

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

Up there with one of the worst decisions I've ever seen on a rugby pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Bullshit card.

scarlets player changed his line into Green 5

That is a shameful decision

Thought the ref was good but he's let the TMO talk him out of the right decision there imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭A-Train

Welsh ref team giving a home town decision right there. I know it was a red for a second yellow but a terrible decision.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

That's a ridiculous yellow card.

Advertisement