Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,892 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Stalker. Sure who has time for that. I'm just following along THIS thread. I wouldn't have appetite nor interest in following you around in whatever other nonsense threads you are in. But based on performance here I'd say some trump and covid ones are in the mix.

Amirigh..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,571 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Well, there is a search function. Go waste your own time.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

They would still deny it ,

We've had posters deny that Russia has troops on the border at all , even after Russia said we're there ,we had denials immediately after on here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Harryd225

There was around 100,000 troops on the border in spring last year. I'm not going to argue about the amount of troops that are there now as I'm not sure how they done their calculations, although the Ukrainian president did say recently that USA satellite images alone are insufficient to judge the amount of troops on the border, citing that many of the tents included in the calculations appeared to be empty, although he did admit it's the best we have to go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,969 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Let's put this nonsense to bed. It's been Kiev for 40 years of my life.

It's Calcutta, it's Bombay, it's Peking, it's Kiev.

Anyone, who when asked by their barber, "any holidays planned? ", says 'yes friend, I'm off to Deutschland' or 'it's España for me and the family this year'; feel free to say Kyiv, but until I see Bird's Eye change the spelling on the frozen chicken product, it's Kiev for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Seems clear to me the invasion is imminent based on the clarity of the warnings from US intelligence and now the seeming playing out of attempts to get Ukraine to retaliate against unprovoked shelling in the eastern regions by the Russian backed separatists. Playing out exactly as predicted while Putin gets desperate for his excuse.

Thanks to the forethought and clarity of NATO members telegraphing to the public every expectation of Russia's plans Putin won't get away with it and will be hit with really, really damaging sanctions if/when it happens.

No one to blame but themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Why have such faith in US intelligence.

They have got it spectacularly wrong many times in the past.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Heraclius

I said nothing about the US.

You managed to avoid mentioning how Russia carved off parts of their country in 2014.

Many countries in Europe have minorities belonging to the dominant nationality in their neighbour. It doesn't give that neighbour the right to invade and grab land.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,969 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

It's precisely because of that, that the National Security Advisor, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs and the Director of Central Intelligence, simply would not be briefing the President in such absolute terms, terms they know he will immediately report to the World, unless their information was totally and utterly cast iron and wrapped in 24 carat gold.

They've got someone in the Kremlin. Deep in it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

It's not just US intelligence. We have multiple intelligence agencies across Europe and beyond ringing the alarm bells.

We can also see the massive military build-up through our own eyes with the use of open intelligence, whether that be open source satellite imagery or by ordinary people on the ground publishing their own social media content as they go about their daily lives.

You don't need to have any faith in US intelligence.

This isn't directed at you personally, but more so a comment in general - don't let your hatred of the United States blind you regarding what is happening on the ground in eastern Europe at the moment. The evidence is there to seriously suggest that Russia is about to launch a huge military invasion. The world as we have known it since the end of the Cold War is potentially about to change dramatically, and it will have a major impact on your life.

Yeah you hate the United States, perhaps you have a resentment about where you are in your own life, what is going on around you, and hate your own politicians and democratic institutions as a result. No one cares, especially not Putin. Russia isn't your ally. It is acting in a self interested manner, as you would expect them to do. It will exploit the feelings of the discontented in the western world to its own advantage, as it has done so over the last decade with spectacular success. Just because Russia may despise the United States, and Western capitalist values, like you do, does not make them your friend.

• Advertisement

Breaking news here lads, President Biden said today "Russia will target Kyiv in the coming week, in the coming days, I’m convinced he’s made the decision.”

😂😂😂😂😂

Post edited by Harryd225 on

He didn't ask how it was spelled he asked how it was pronounced, Kyiv is also known as Kiev.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Derkaiser93

A few weeks ago your posts were that the west was claiming Russia will do a false flag incident and invade Ukraine and that it was nonsense .

You've moved the goalposts now. They have done a false flag, several in fact. And if they invade the Donbas it is an invasion. Donbas is Ukraine. You know this. I think they will attack more locations than just there but you've moved goalposts and are fooling no one on here bar the usual suspects.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭BurgerFace

OK...enough talk. Enough gibberish.

Russia is going to invade and occupy The Ukraine.

What are you going to do about it?

The imminent attack is "imminent" so what are you going to do?

Listening to people on CBS , they can't even pronounce the capital of Ukraine correctly.

"Stay safe there in Keeve"

Why can't these clowns get a simple pronunciation correct?

I was in KEEEVE after a flight from Mos-KOW. Took a layover in Koe-suh-VOE on my way to Eye-rack and then finally landed in Doe-na-gal in Ireland. Can't wait to get to Glazz-gow.

Russia is going to take over Ukraine in the next 24 hours. What are you going to do about it?

How does that translate to foreign occupation?

Me a e my fe!low paid kremlinbots are going to invade Ukraine last week. And then we're going to takeover Lithuania 7 years ago. What are you going to do about it guys? Come on! Stop us.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,768 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Continue to take lessons from you on largely Slavic pronunciation.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Shao Kahn

Crimea has changed hands many times in it's history.

It was part of Russia and part of the soviet union for quite a long time. Most people in Russia, as well as most people in Crimea, consider it Russian territory. Nikita Khrushchev's decision to transfer it back into Ukraine, was deeply unpopular with many people in Russia. Such is the nature of these ancient age old territorial disputes.

This is the problem of course with all the armchair overnight experts that tend to pop up when these conflicts occur. You guys jump in largely blind to important historical facts, pick your favorite team, and then stumble around selectively deciding which things better support the narrative you prefer.

Crimea is now a permanent part of Russia again. This isn't like Northern Ireland. Nobody is going to be pressuring Russia into giving back Crimea, as they have always had a legitimate claim to it.

Have any of you even asked yourself, if Russia's actions are so universally condemned, then why have the EU continued to happily do business with them after they annexed Crimea?

And everyone will continue to do business with Russia once all of this American propaganda dies down too. This should be a very strong indicator that the main power brokers in the region, are not buying into all the media hype. (unlike many of you chaps)

They're just trying their best to negotiate their way through the ocean of horsesh!t and misinformation, so they can hopefully do what's best for the people that really matter - the citizens of the EU and eastern europe. Unfortunately, they have to do this while their so-called "friends" the yanks try their very best to destabilize the region.

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives, and it puts itself into our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." (John Wayne)

You talk alot of bull dont you

What do you suggest EU should do?Invade and give it back to Ukraine.

Crimea was taken by force,a fake illegal referendum was held and Taters have been prosecuted illegally and killed for opposing,

And no History is going to change that

By your Logic Karelia belongs to Finland and is up for grabs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭MFPM

It seems that well known Irish 'Putinbot' and 'paid Kremlin messenger' Fintan O'Toole is making a bit of a nuanced argument that seems to be beyond most of the Western shrills on here....

I wouldn'agree with everything he writes here but at least he shines a bit of a light on NATO aggression too...

• Advertisement

Another one! 🙄

Any how, lots of thugs in this world, the US pick and choose who they support and enable, Putin not on the pro list...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

He does talk bull. Can't even put him in ignore as his profile is set to private. It's torture for the mind.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Anyone here think the solution might lie in giving the two small regions to Russia in exchange for the rest of Ukraine joining NATO and the EU?? I know it's appeasing Putin but at least the security of Ukraine from there in would be guaranteed by NATO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

No. Giving the two regions to him would only result in further concessions down the line. History has shown the kind of liar Putin is, he cannot be trusted. The west is at a tipping point now, we've seen Draghi last night say that energy should not be part of any sanctions, this is music to Putins ears.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

What's wrong with countries democratically voting in governments who's policy is to join Nato ?

Secondly it's a special kind of rubbish to turn the current situation on its head and post as if the Ukraine were going to invade Russia..

So yea I'm another one who's not brainwashed by or paid by the new Soviets

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Shao Kahn

That's a very typical reaction by people who cannot handle any opposing viewpoints to their own. Many people want to live in an echo chamber, where they only have to read views that support their own biased perspective.

We have people on this very thread, who are openly calling for posters to be silenced and forcibly removed from the site as Russian "conspirators". (with zero evidence btw)

And you guys have the nerve to talk about your opposition to tyrants and dictators!? The irony of it all. 🤣

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives, and it puts itself into our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." (John Wayne)

As someone else said it wouldn't stop at the two separatists areas , nearly 90% of the population 40+ million are Ukrainian ,I believe less than 2 million identify as russian , Putin wants that minority to have complete control over ukraine and all of it's decisions ,if that minority Say were not joining the EU , Ukraine won't be allowed Join the EU , but if that minority wants to join Russia then Ukraine returns to Russia, and the majority of Ukrainians Will have zero say in their country.

If that minority wants Russian military forces in Ukraine guess whos coming

• Advertisement

And once more the same dishonest method is applied...

Please respond to me accurately and don't spin to suit whatever predisposed narrative you have in your head.

Countries can join what they want if they have a mandate to do so, that does not preclude another country pointing out how their security is potentially compromised by a particular organisation such as NATO in this regard. FFS, the US is currently trying to bribe the gov in Eq Guinea to not allow China build a base there as it's in 'thier back yard'...8,000 KM away, it points to both the hypocrisy of US imperialism and shows a glimpse into how they see their role in the globe.

Secondly I've made no attempt to turn the situation on it's head...I'm acutely aware of what's happening.

That makes two of us, I'm not brainwashed or paid by anyone which unlike most here allows me to view the current situation without parroting US 'intelligence'...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement