Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Canada Convoy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,343 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Wow. Trampling a peaceful protest with horses. They are clearly trying to provoke the protesters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,343 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Yeah. That violent old lady with a walker who was trampled to death while just standing there deserved to be "expelled" alright. I mean, would you listen to yourself ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭bloopy

They don't care.

Like all authoritarian's they are on the right side of history so anything is fair game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,244 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Link to a credible article saying an old lady was trampled to death please

All I can find online is stuff about her name being Roberta Paulsen, which also happened to be the name of a fictitious protester killed by Capitol police officers on January 6th and seems to be a reference to a character in the movie Fight Club called Robert Paulsen 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mary 2021

still i dont know if you are a dog lover or not?, but i have 3 dogs and a dogs is like your family so this is cruel and i am against it dont fault me this as a rescuer & supporter of all issues relating to animals. They have no voice. Humans can roar & shout and get help for themselves animals cannot. For me this is nasty Trudeau in action i would hate him as a leader in my country.

• Advertisement

I am a dog lover and my dog is a rescue. If people are failing to care for their properly, they should not have a right to retain the dog.

There is a lot of work to be done in Ireland then forget Canada !! We should start in the ethnic hard stands where the utmost starvation & cruelty to dogs & horses begins anyway thats a whole other discussion. Meanwhile maybe other truckers in the community will look after their dogs i know if i was there i would help the dogs as innocent creatures. For now the situation is bad there & the horses trampling the public leave the bloody horses out of it too this is a man made human disagreement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Bloody Nazis murdering peaceful dogs.

Or in other words, we used to call it reality. The authorities have put in place a mechanism where if one of these muppets were to get themselves arrested their animals would be cared for. It's the most Canadian thing in the world, they also have a similar in place for the fúcknuts who decided to use their children as shields.

The only animal harmed was a horse, some scumbag thought it was fun idea to throw a bike at it.

Now if anyone has a link to an online vigil for the fictional lady who was fictionally trampled to death, I'd appreciate it, want to pay my respects.

It's not just dogs that are being neglected.

“I’m risking everything I have,” said Jake Klassen, 39, who has been a truck driver for nearly two decades and drives three weeks of the month hauling loads to the U.S. as an owner-operator. “I want to be able to have my own choice.”

Klassen has two campers and his black semi trailer at the Emerson blockade. They could potentially be seized; Klassen described Trudeau’s move to invoke emergency powers as a “scare tactic” so “they can take everything from us,” he said. 

Klassen said he hasn’t been able to visit his nine-year-old daughter in months. She is receiving palliative care at St. Amant, a care residence in Winnipeg, but due to restrictions that require visitors to be fully vaccinated, Klassen and his wife can’t see her.

“This is something worth fighting for,” he said.

The residence in question was contacted for comment and released a statement saying they have no such policy in place and unvaccinated people are free to visit their children with testing and PPE.

What absolute gorgeous parents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭HerrKapitan

• Advertisement

Now let us see a link to the horse and the bike? So we can perhaps donate to an animal charity or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

When he said trampled to death , he didn't mean it literally.

Thats the video and the picture is the aftermath. This is what you support. You support tyrannical fascist governments that trample on old women in zimmer frames.

You support people get arrested for exercising their right to assemble and their right to protest peacefully. You support the idea that protesters should be separated from their pets , possibly for life if they are not released after 8 days. Sick!

You have a seething passionate hate for people protesting for rights and freedoms that were made available to you back in January. The world is seeing Trudeau for the cowardly little bully he is and you can't bare to see it

Looks like they are doing everything to incite a Janurary 6th type violent out break its gone too far now IMO. mr Trudeau has escaped to his holiday home in west vancouver while this happens on his streets yes its very cowardly all he had to do was meet and talk and then decide if he could compromise on something. Just give a little all other countries have given a little look at us free to move about and interact and have entertainment. That video looks bad.

Nah, this is how you incite a violent riot and insurrection. You don't promise to look after peoples dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,923 ✭✭✭growleaves

Would it be okay with you if Trump froze protestors' bank accounts if he declared an Emergency first?

Lols. Wouldn't be the artificially tanned ones style, he just straight up gases the protesters and sends in the riot squad.

Also I imagine the Donald doesn't really want frozen bank accounts mentioned around him at the moment. 🙄

So no comment? Okay.

• Advertisement

I did, you missed it. Donald didn't waste time with non physical confrontational tactics.

The question was:

Would you be okay with it if Trump froze the bank accounts of protestors?

Its a yes or no question which you didn't answer. That's fine because you've no commitments to answer questions from me in the first place.

That question has already been asked of me and answered in full. Few pages back, I'll link to it if you can't find it.

But again, you are failing to address my point, Trump would not waste time with such non confrontational tactics. Your point even hypothetical in nature is pretty moot.

In a speech in the White House gardens, the president said: "As we speak I am dispatching thousands and thousands of heavily armed soldiers, military personnel and law enforcement officers

Now I know you are not suggesting the Canadians mimic that absolute loon ball, correct?

oh ok i see there is a very strong left right divide here well i am a peaceful person i like animals i actually dont enjoy most people and am in the centre in my views. I accept some left thought & also some right thought as each side has a view and some are good on both sides. Donald was divisive as is Biden so you may have them both. I am sad about the Canada convoy animals, horses being used a weapons and dogs being used as blackmail. thats all.

Couldn't tell, I generally find anyone who has to tailor their opinion on something through the prism of left or right absolutely not worth engaging with at any meaningful level.

But again, you brought up the insurrection, I merely replied with a video of Trump and his supporters inciting it.

How that makes me left or right or whatever in your eyes and why you seemed compelled to bring it up is bizarre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭bb12

Police and media trying to blame a bike being thrown under the horses is a false narrative...the "bike" they're talking about it actually the old ladies walker that they trampled over with the police horses...the fact that they tried to twist this fact to suit their own narrative shows exactly how sick they are....and how much trouble Canada is in at the moment with people like this at the wheel...

Ottawa police realised very quickly after this incident that they made a HUGE mistake sending in the mounted police on icy roads in front of tightly packed and totally peaceful protestors...which is why they were withdrawn from the protest immediately after and didn't make another appearance....

Somebody got their knuckles severly rapped after that incident I imagine, as the pictures of it are extremely damaging for Trudeau...and the image of the old lady (who is a well known native tribal elder in Canada apparently) will probably be one of the enduring images in the aftermath of this....

HUGE mistake sending in the cavalry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I saw a clip of Geraldo talking on Fox news saying 65% to 70% of Canadians are against the convoy. Be interesting to see if over the next few days where those figures go. If only 10% of truckers and a few of their supporters keep disrupting supply chains in Canada I think even that 30% support will evaporate pretty quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭bb12

Not one member of government met with the truckers over the past 3 weeks. If there's anything we've learned in Ireland, it's that dialogue is imperative to come to good resolutions.

If the figures above were correct, it means that Trudeau is willfully ignoring 30% of his population. You can't just ignore this amount of population and try to crack down on them with oppression and think it will be a happy ending.

I've listened to a lot of Canadian commentators where they say this is so much more than a disagreement about mandates, but is turning into a class war against blue collar workers. Those who are opposed to this protest are literally biting the hand that feeds them. I've heard it said before that for people who live in towns and cites, they are only about 3 or 4 meals away from hunger. Starting a war with your truckers who you rely on so much, and whose shortage of ,even before this protest, was already causing major supply chain problems, was just incomprehensible for any sane thinking person.

It remains to be seen how much of this will spread over the coming weeks and months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

It's 10% of truckers. I don't see other workers going on strike in solidarity like what happened with the train drivers here a,few years. The people that they were keeping awake with their honking horns in Ottawa were working class. This is not class warfare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,124 ✭✭✭✭JRant

That scumbag must have been one of the mounties on the horse ahead of them. When you are trampling a granny on a mobility bike it's very difficult to tell where that bike is going to go. The horse is so lucky. Those lightweight aluminium frame bikes can do terrible damage to the bottom of a horses hoof.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Advertisement