Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greenpilot

Ots been there all week, along with a Global hawk.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭briany

It appears that no western power is willing to directly confront Russian aggression, so that also means no air strikes.

Memo to Putin - if he's uncomfortable with NATO being too friendly with Ukraine, he's only going to have NATO more on his doorstep if he moves forces into Ukraine and subdues that country. Would he eventually start trying to push into Romania or Moldova as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Poland would be a massive red line, it was even back in WW2. It would be interesting if Russia forced Europe to mobilize as a united force. Like we are lazy and greedy and we are happy about it. None of us want our children to have to fight in wars and we can probably maintain this peaceful lathargy with some luck. But like France alone could be a serious challenge for the Russians for example. Germany has no real defenses to speak of. Imagine if the war machine started all over Europe, it would be horrendous but much more than Russia could handle. Thankfully those days are over.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,818 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

President volodymer zelenskyy of the Ukraine is going in hard on countries that haven’t helped them to this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

@briany It appears that no western power is willing to directly confront Russian aggression, so that also means no air strikes...

The Americans said no boots on the ground ,but they never mentioned airstrikes or aircover.

Nato had quitely increasing activity around the Baltics over the last month, Putin won't go near Poland ,if he does take Ukraine he will have Ukraine and Belarus as his nato buffer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

That was also the case during the downing of flight MH17 and the Skripal poisoning. Posters were clogging up the thread with the disinformation that they were duped into believing or that they knowingly pushed as disinformation. The evidence of Russian shenanigans was overwhelming in those cases and yet the posters who posted such nonsense continue to post similar nonsense. They continue to consume the same media that mislead them all those other times and keep falling for the same nonsense over and over and putting it online for all to see.

Yeah, I can see how that wouldn't exactly be worthy of respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭firemansam4

Can one of the posters who are saying that this whole crisis is being orchestrated by the US to create war please explain how they are trying to achieve this? I am genuinely interested in getting some sort perspective on this?

So if the US are making up fabricated numbers for the amount of troops stationed at the border and are also making up stories about Russia attempting false flag incidents as a precursor to war. How exactly is that going to achieve the objective of starting a war? Do you think the US is trying to prevoke Russia into doing something?

I mean I hear plenty on hear about why the US would like a war to start between Russia and the Ukraine but im not sure how their actions so far would be making that more likely?

Maybe one of the experts on here can explain it to this brain washed westerner?

Useful Idiots then and it's the same useful idiots this time,8 + years and they still haven't changed the tune

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭starkid

no Western force will intervene because of MAD.

Its not hard to understand. its the only reason Putin is pushing Ukraine. if he goes further the World is fucked, and Russia will be destroyed and the West will still stand in some form.

• Advertisement

Have you got that book I suggested on Putin yet ?

Nah, for now it's just take the closest bits, as much as you can before peace talks and keeping as much you can. Ensure part of the agreement is that Ukraine can't join NATO. Ukraine's economy, what's left of it, is in **** and Russia exploits what's left for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,939 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Putin is willing though to use aggression against a sovereign nation. Ukraine has the largest military in Europe though, they'll teach him a lesson if he was to attack them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

I don't think Ukraine is going to react to the shelling in the S.E no matter how intensive it gets, so I guess the next escalation for Putin is make some dramatic military maneuvers just outside the border (feints?) and to keep stirring this "emergency situation/crisis" in Donbas? Dick around with Ukrainian airspace? How much more escalation can we get without actual conventional warfare.

This is why some of the Baltic /eastern European States are increasing cooperation in military exercises and defense polices ,so if they face aggression they don't have to wait for nato assistance

Looks like Russian troops are staying in Belarus longer than previously mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

But oddly enough for Belarus there is a sham referendum taking place on the 27th ,that will allow Lukashenka to stay in power until 2035 and be immune from any future prosecution for crimes committed while president ,he will also have the power to permanently station Russian military forces and nuclear weapons in Belarus , the referendum is sponsored by putin himself

• Registered Users Posts: 18,450 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

I am not sure if the Ukraine can stop the Russian army. However it will not be the walkover it was in 2014. Over the last 3-4 months Ukraine has received a lot of new military technology from the West. Of especial interest will be the amount if anti tank and aircraft equipment it has received.

If they can nullify the Russian advantage here it will make this a very tricky war for the Russians. A man fighting for his own country will fight twice as hard as an invading conscript. However Russia has a bigger military machine than Ukraine. It may well be it's airforce will be more important than it antiquated armoured ground forces.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭MFPM

Not in the last couple of hours, that said I didn't realise there was prescribed reading as a precondition to posting here...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭peterofthebr

how you able to watch RT?

remember Russian jets in NATOA airspace for the last few years.. his military have being planning a full scale conflict and testing NATO resposes. The US keep saying its hard to read Putin ... he's former KGB .. it's Putin that playing the weakness of the US Whitehouse administration..imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I thought Latvia and Lithuania,were in NATO, am I wrong? If so she is wrong about NATO not being on Russia's doorstep already.

if there is a full scale war ..we won't be talking about when covid-19 happened.. we will be talking about before the flash(nukes fired from desperate generals somewhere that started a nuclear war)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,433 ✭✭✭jmreire

Oh, I'm pretty sure that posters on here are well able to make up their own minds,,,,,,they don't need you ( or anyone else either) to tell them what to think or do... this is not Russia, we have freedom of speech and thought here.

they won't stand a chance if Russian tanks start getting hit...Russian Air attacks will increase. if they enter Ukraine (I'm still thinking they won't, unless provoked). they(Russia) will need to take Kiev and control airports and airspace..if that occurs they will be looking to totally concor the country and redraw the map( but it would take 6 months to achieve this) that would send such massive sock waves across the western world I'm 100% if will push us all into a economic depression. China would easily take Tiawan during its peek.

..nothing will happen until W Olympics is over anyway.

Its called " getting the best bang for your buck..." and I'm sure that's not the last we have seen of it either......!!!!!! Also, they left the engine compartment untouched....so will be used for spare parts.... waste not, want not, it seems !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭zv2

So, Russia invades. Then what? Nobody is going to gain from this, least of all Russia. You don't need MAD to get a lose lose outcome. The only way Russia will invade is if there is some kind of uber plan (like the Hitler Stalin pact) that we don't know about. In other words if they invade, there is an uber plan.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

The thing about Russia, especially here on this thread, is that some of us have actually lived there, and have first hand experience of what it's like, The rest ( who have not lived there) are forming their opinions based on what they see on TV or read in the papers, or listening to so called "Russian Experts". But for sure, anyone who has actually lived in Russia, will not have a good opinion of Putin, or what he has done to the Country these last 20 odd years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement