Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Ignore the motorcycle part. What boots and pants ye all recommend for general work? I've been a jeans and hiking boots man but maybe it's time I shake things up a little

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Blue Steel boots would be my number one if not Oliver boots.

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭Jb1989

I'd agree with carroll on the boots.

The pants is up to you, most men would go for Jack and Jones, depends on whether you want boxers or y fronts...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

A polish tenant died in one of our parish's apartments in the local village, He was taken off and guards said they'd charge his phone and find a relative.

They were back to us now to bury him in our graveyard, sad to die on his own like that. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭GNWoodd

Sad when it comes to that .

You should advise Co Council of location of burial if they haven’t already been involved .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭jimini0

Heading to centre parcs next Friday for a few days. Was there Feb 2020 before covid arrived. Was there somebody on here there recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭jimini0

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭roosterman71

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭jaymla627

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,731 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Must say the Winter Olympics is good entertainment in the small hours. Not a big winter sports fan but you just have to be impressed at what these athlete's can do via snow boarding, Nordic Sking, figure skating etc. Skill and bravery just amazing in many of the events.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Absolute hypocrite over there backing the righr to a peaceful protest as long as its not in his backyard, the same can be said for that b#tch in New Zealand.

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭Gillespy

It is maddening to watch. For all its faults, without social media what would we know about it if anything.

Elsewhere on here, the good and the great of Boards are cheering on the horses like the good 'workers of the world unite' types they are. Tier 1 simpletons who see the world as left and right with nothing in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,578 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

They are quite right when dealing with thick people you have to be thick with them. Yes there is a right to protest but nowadays that right is carried to excess. Whether it's the water protest, tractor protests or the anti vaxers ever state has a right to impose the rule of law.

Ever poll is showing that Trudeau has the backing of the vast majority of Canadian citizens. At the end of the day a government is elected to rules for a fixed term. If you disagree you vote them out at the next election. Rent a mob rule is not acceptable.

When a policeman gives you an instruction you should obey it. Neither is it acceptable to block his path when he is on duty.

It quite simple those idiots could have got out of the way. Most were acting anyway and threw themselves down after the horses passed and if they did get trampled it's there own fault

Referring to a democratically elected leader as a bitch shows a level of ignorance that I am surprised about. At present our country is opening up at pace because of decisions that the government and citizens took to protect the health of the country. Other countries still have to get there because of anti vaccination propaganda that started with Donald Trump.

Did the PM of NZ make mistakes yes she tried to keep the disease completely out of the country. However it's the right of any elected government to make decisions and to govern there country. If you disagree you vote against them next time.

Countries are ruled by governments and the rule of law not rent a mobs.

Slava Ukrainii

Which country has more active covid cases at the minute Ireland our Canada since your all about the facts, all the provinces are dropping the mandates, Trudeau has got the hump and it's backing down he's making a example of the truckers for daring to go against him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Odelay

He is showing a small minority morons they cannot hold a city hostage.

It's immaterial whether we have higher case's than anywhere else. We have reached a high degree of herd immunity because of an exceptionally high vaccination rate. The latest version of COVID I'd not as much of a problem to us because of this. We have full reopening at present virtually with only a few minor limits on us as a population.

Other countries do not have the same options because of poor vacation take up. Some of these countries have had to limit personnel freedoms because of anti vaxers who propagated lies and miss information.

Trudeau did not get the hump. He mearly used powers he has legally to prevent a small minority of extreme individuals who are unwilling to accept the will of government.which the majority of citizens are willing to accept

Slava Ukrainii

Omicron is the only reason restrictions are lifted here. High vaccine uptake wasn't doing a whole lot before that came on the scene. People still wanted the schools to be closed after Christmas remember. How indoctrinated are you to not see that?

Herd immunity occurred in Ireland because of omicron not the vaccines ffs..

People did not want the schools closed. You had a couple of teachers unions advocating it with SF nearly jumping in as well. We SF jumping in as well advocating no exams this summer as it suited a cohort of its voters. Government and NPHET held it nerve as they saw the way figures were going.

No Omicron helped from the point of view is it's is the mildest form of COVID we have encountered even though it highly infectious. Because we had a very high level.of vacvine uptake we can sustain it in the population. Other countries have not got that level.of protection.

The real problems with anti vaxers is that in other countries they have encouraged lower vaccination rates. This is a problem especially in health staff which can bring the infection into a hospital setting. In Ireland we have not had to seriously deal with this issue. We literally have most these staff from a patient facing roles. Other countries have not got this option because of the amount of staff involved so mandatory vaccination of hospital staff is mandated and some have mandated mandatory vaccination accross all population.

More anti vaxer BS

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement

It's not fascist when we do it basically.

All the desperate atrocities throughout history needed good ordinary people to carry out the killing. Everyone will fool themselves into thinking they would stand up and do the right thing. Only a tiny percentage would and those defending Treduau wouldn't be favourites to be amongst them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,260 ✭✭✭tanko

So you think that when a policeman gives you an instruction you should obey it. When policeman Wayne Couzens waved his police badge at Sarah Everard, detained her, raped her and murdered her leaving her to rot do you think she was right to obey him??

BS. We live in a democracy, where a government has a maximum mandate if 5 years. Even at that most government we have with the last twenty years is a coalition which means it only takes a minority of the government leave to generate an election. As well we have a constitution which limits government powers.

Desperate astrocities as you put them were generally carried out when power was vested in a single individual who used these powers to suppress large minorities. Hitler, Stalin, army junta's, unelected leaders etc are mainly the biggest offenders in the modern world.

Modern democracies have in general too many fail safes for your fears to be justified. People trying to generate mass hysteria because of issues like this have a total misunderstanding of history and modern democratic checks and balances.

Slava Ukrainii

That is a total outlier in the present discussion. As well Wayne Couzens was acting illegally his action were outside the legal remit of a police officer. The devil quotes scripture for his own use.

My point is in any democracy where you are instructed to obey the law you should do so. In this case in Canada a small section of society want to impose there will on the majority.

There are many things I disagree with that have been voted in over the years. However as a democrat I accept the will of the majority. I accept the right of a government to govern. Yes I may protest if I find something I do not agree with. But I also agree that these is limits to that protest. When you try to stop society functioning by blocking exports or other individuals going about there lawful business then your right to protest is limited.

In the case in Canada this has being ongoing for a number of weeks. It's a small minority who are trying to limit the rights of the rest of the population.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭DBK1

Exactly, but the problem is you can’t protect people from their own stupidity. They spend so much time and effort trying to be outraged at everything that they can’t see what the sensible thing is to do.

I’ve said it before here and I still stand over it, apart from a valid medical reason then the only reason for not getting the vaccine is stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,260 ✭✭✭tanko

She would have been within her rights to disobey him. However she did not know he was acting illegally just like any individual in that situation. She did not know that he was using his uniform in a criminal action. I know it very common accross democratic countries for police offices to detain rape and or murder people. It's obviously happening all the time in your neck of the woods

I ask you a question now. Dose that fact give every individual the right to disobey a legal directive from a policeman acting within the law. As I said the Sarah Everett case was an outlier.

A yes or no will suffice again

Slava Ukrainii

So much waffling trying to justify police on horseback trampled protesters. Shameless.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Horses wil only stand on hard footing, they won't stand on a soft human, Their riders are aware of that.

The bible says you live by the sword yu die by the sword.

If you put yourself in teh way of a fight you are entitled to be hurt

• Advertisement

No the waffling is lads trying to justify people disobeying the law. It's trying to justify actions which the majority of people disagree with. It's actions that are against a legally elected government with checks and balances.

Slava Ukrainii

Advertisement