Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

And which one was demanding proof when the revelations first aired?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,710 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭Cody montana

You know the drill.

”Yeah he took classified information but her emails!”

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scot_in_Dublin

Weird, where did they all go? I mean they know that Durham had said DFG was being spied on right, and have proof of that. They also know that he for sure hadn't taken classified documents with him, and for sure had proof of that....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Trump Jr. and Giuliani dismissed from the case, but Trump himself still part of the lawsuit.

If only all legal rulings were made by electoral colleges rather than the law. Trump might have a chance of winning some of them.

• Advertisement

The fake news story is wherever you read that. Quoting the Sussman counter motion to strike is ridiculous because he is a proven liar with every reason lie.

“Special Counsel John Durham on Thursday said that there is "no basis" to "strike" any part of his recent filing, despite a motion from Clinton campaign lawyer Michael Sussmann to do so.”

Just in case anyone pops up saying trump was within his rights to remove classified documents.

That filing related to a conflict-of-interest matter in Durham's ongoing case against the former Clinton campaign lawyer Michael Sussmann, who was charged last year with lying to the FBI. It did not allege that anyone associated with the Clinton campaign illegally spied on Trump or his White House.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

It still amazes me that Trump supporters are more than happy, in fact seemingly focused, on taking any bit of news, connecting it to something else regardless of how tenuous that link, and then extrapolating from that an outcome.

Yet with Trump, despite abundant circumstantial and in some cases direct, they demand that without a complete and total case then nothing can or should be considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭relax carry on

It shouldn't amaze anyone. Anyone still actively engaged in defence of Trump has either:

1 deliberately blinded themselves to his ever growing long list of faults and failures because some/all of their beliefs align with what Trump represents.

2 Could never and will never see him for what he is because some/all of their beliefs align with what Trump represents.

Considering Trumps own beliefs change constantly and are essentially what's in it for Trump; Trump can represent pretty much anything to his supporters. They aren't really defending him, they are more defending their own beliefs which are given fuel and airtime by the disaster that is Trump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

It's people who are just desperate for someone to follow. So desperate that they will, literally, ignore everything that puts a dent into their belief and they'll draw so many red lines in the sand that nearly any position they previously held will be a mile away from where they currently stand. They've invested too much of themselves in this piece of shit that they can't back off now without losing face, which is the most important thing to them. So they'll cling, pathetically, to any morsel of black propaganda or conspiracy theory that may come their way (hello Fox News) in the hope that that morsel will be the smoking gun they need to justify their position once and for all.

Either that or they're just stupid fuckers. In which case there's absolutely no helping them whatsoever.

I don’t think business insider can make up its mind. In this recent article it says that trump definitely wasn’t spied on, but in an earlier article they do mention this:

Durham's filing said some of the internet data that was mined was connected to two Trump buildings in New York City, the executive office of the president (EOP), and an unrelated Michigan hospital company that had also interacted with the Trump server.

It added that Joffe had access to this data because his employer had a set of "dedicated servers" for the White House as part of a "sensitive arrangement" in which it provided DNS resolution services to the White House.”

Joffe abused a sensitive arrangement to gather information on Trump for the purposes of using it against him. If this isn’t spying then I missed the day we all redefined the word ‘spying’.

In fact in the motion from last Friday this is what Durham says exactly:

”tech executive 1(Joffe) and his associates exploited this arrangement by mining the EOP’s dns data and other data for the purpose of gathering derogatory information about Donald Trump.”

What exactly have I or anyone else misinterpreted about that statement? Is that not spying technically but the same in practise?

So many outlets are so quick to say that Durham has ‘ missed the mark’ or that right wing news misunderstood Durham entirely without explaining what the hell they mean. Yes Durham said in the most recent filing that some media outlets may have got it wrong but he never specified. I guess interpret it as you please.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,645 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

What exactly have I or anyone else misinterpreted about that statement?

😅😅😅

Good one.

Fox News shut up pretty quickly didn't they, I guess interpret that as you please.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Good thread, there's a few here that could do with reading it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

A recap of Trump's week

Forced to testify in NY;

His accounting firm said his financial statements are unreliable;

A judge rejected his efforts to stop Jan. 6 lawsuits

National Archives confirmed he removed classified info from White House

And I thought I had a **** week.

The dishonesty around here is at a level I’ve never quite witnessed before. Maybe it’s just attempts to gaslight, as you have no argument to say that what Durham alleges isn’t spying other than insults and links with titles of ‘ no Durham didn’t allege spying’ articles with proof of no such thing. Give me a quote or something.

Durham said: the government's motion isn't undermined even if the media has 'overstated, understated, or otherwise misinterpreted facts'

Thats what I was referring to when I said you can interpret it as you please, and the left wing media have certainly interpreted as they please.

The factual background read:(this can’t be overstated or understated as they are Durhams own words)

• The defendant (Michael Sussman) is charged in a one-count indictment with making a materially false statement to the FBI, in violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 1001 (the 'Indictment').  
    • As set forth in the Indictment, on Sept. 19, 2016 – less than two months before the 2016 U.S. Presidential election – the defendant, a lawyer at a large international law firm ('Law Firm-1') that was then serving as counsel to the Clinton Campaign, met with the FBI General Counsel (James Baker) at FBI Headquarters in Washington, D.C. 
    • The defendant provided the FBI General Counsel with purported data and 'white papers' that allegedly demonstrated a covert communications channel between the Trump Organization and a Russia-based bank ('Russian Bank-1'). 
    • The Indictment alleges that the defendant lied in that meeting, falsely stating to the General Counsel that he was not providing the allegations to the FBI on behalf of any client. In fact, the defendant had assembled and conveyed the allegations to the FBI on behalf of at least two specific clients, including (i) a technology executive ('Tech Executive-1 - identified as Rodney Jeffe) at a U.S.-based Internet company ('Internet Company1'), and (ii) the Clinton Campaign. 3. 
    • The defendant's billing records reflect that the defendant repeatedly billed the Clinton Campaign for his work on the Russian Bank-1 allegations. In compiling and disseminating these allegations, the defendant and Tech Executive-1 also had met and communicated with another law partner at Law Firm-1 who was then serving as General Counsel to the Clinton Campaign ('Campaign Lawyer-1').  
    • The Indictment also alleges that, beginning in approximately July 2016, Tech Executive-1 had worked with the defendant, a U.S. investigative firm retained by Law Firm-1 on behalf of the Clinton Campaign, numerous cyber researchers, and employees at multiple Internet companies to assemble the purported data and white papers. 
    • In connection with these efforts, Tech Executive-1 exploited his access to non-public and/or proprietary Internet data. Tech Executive-1 also enlisted the assistance of researchers at a U.S.-based university who were receiving and analyzing large amounts of Internet data in connection with a pending federal government cybersecurity research contract. 
    • Tech Executive-1 tasked these researchers to mine Internet data to establish 'an inference' and 'narrative' tying then-candidate Trump to Russia. In doing so, Tech Executive-1 indicated that he was seeking to please certain 'VIPs,' referring to individuals at Law Firm-1 and the Clinton Campaign. 5. 
    • The Government's evidence at trial will also establish that among the Internet data Tech Executive-1 and his associates exploited was domain name system ('DNS') Internet traffic pertaining to (i) a particular healthcare provider, (ii) Trump Tower, (iii) Donald Trump's Central Park West apartment building, and (iv) the Executive Office of the President of the United States ('EOP'). 
    • (Tech Executive-1's employer, Internet Company-1, had come to access and maintain dedicated servers for the EOP as part of a sensitive arrangement whereby it provided DNS resolution services to the EOP. Tech Executive-1 and his associates exploited this arrangement by mining the EOP's DNS traffic and other data for the purpose of gathering derogatory information about Donald Trump.) 6. 
    • The Indictment further details that on February 9, 2017, the defendant provided an updated set of allegations – including the Russian Bank-1 data and additional allegations relating to Trump – to a second agency of the U.S. government ('Agency-2'). 
    • The Government's evidence at trial will establish that these additional allegations relied, in part, on the purported DNS traffic that Tech Executive-1 and others had assembled pertaining to Trump Tower, Donald Trump's New York City apartment building, the EOP, and the aforementioned healthcare provider. 
    • In his meeting with Agency-2, the defendant provided data which he claimed reflected purportedly suspicious DNS lookups by these entities of internet protocol ('IP') addresses affiliated with a Russian mobile phone provider ('Russian Phone Provider-1'). 
    • The defendant further claimed that these lookups demonstrated that Trump and/or his associates were using supposedly rare, Russian-made wireless phones in the vicinity of the White House and other locations. The Special Counsel's Office has identified no support for these allegations. 
    • Indeed, more complete DNS data that the Special Counsel's Office obtained from a company that assisted Tech Executive-1 in assembling these allegations reflects that such DNS lookups were far from rare in the United States. For example, the more complete data that Tech Executive-1 and his associates gathered – but did not provide to Agency-2 – reflected that between approximately 2014 and 2017, there were a total of more than 3 million lookups of Russian Phone-Provider-1 IP addresses that originated with U.S.-based IP addresses. 
    • Fewer than 1,000 of these lookups originated with IP addresses affiliated with Trump Tower. In addition, the more complete data assembled by Tech Executive-1 and his associates reflected that DNS lookups involving the EOP and Russian Phone Provider-1 began at least as early 2014 (i.e., during the Obama administration and years before Trump took office) – another fact which the allegations omitted. 7. 
    • In his meeting with Agency-2 employees, the defendant also made a substantially similar false statement as he had made to the FBI General Counsel. In particular, the defendant asserted that he was not representing a particular client in conveying the above allegations. 
    • In truth and in fact, the defendant was representing Tech Executive-1 – a fact the defendant subsequently acknowledged under oath in December 2017 testimony before Congress (without identifying the client by name)

That you can’t have a discussion on this thread without multiple people trying to gaslight you that’s it’s all in your head, or you’re a secret trump follower, or a reader or right wing troll sites is just ridiculous.

First Durham was not to be trusted, then there was no report, now it’s being misinterpreted, all the time avoiding the content of what Durham said. Trump really wrecked the minds of many people, they can’t think properly anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,710 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

"Trump really wrecked the minds of many people, they can’t think properly anymore."

You have never said anything more true.

@matchbox2021 Firstly Sussman's lawyers have also stated the data was gathered during the Obama presidency. He's also not charged with hacking, nobody is. So let's talk about DNS records. Basically their best use is tracking where traffic is going. So if Trump had machines that were hitting servers in Russia for example that would stand out traffic wise. You don't get to see what's happening in the underlying traffic.

An example of something that was likely gathered from end records. We're aware that the Trump servers tended to communicate with Alfa Bank which is a Russian bank. We don't know what the traffic pertained to.

Fyi, using dns records to track traffic is entirely legal. So I imagine that's why you're not gonna see any charges around them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Not a peep out of the Donnie fan club about any of this 🤔

It's all Durham, Durham, Durham...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭Cody montana

And Hillary, Hillary, Hillary.

We will be back onto Hunter very soon at this rate.

A very bad week indeed.

• Advertisement

Matchbox, what do you take from this Durham report?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Celticfire

Remind me again, how many weeks if not months did MSM and posters on this website repeat the unfounded accusation that a cop was killed by having a fire extinguisher smashed over his head on Jan 6th?

Really? But what difference. It was chaotic, there was attempts to hide information, to twist the truth.

Remember it was originally claimed it was actually Antifa?

But the core story was and us correct. A bunch of Trump supporters, egged on by Trump himself, attempted to breach the capital and using force to overturn the legitimate democratic result.

If you're looking for reminders, remember when you're looking for proof about those classified documents found in mar-a-lago?

Did they find the 14 plus boxes full of documents as claimed?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,539 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

• Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I know what it was, a poster claimed it was 14 plus boxes full of classified information.

Yes it's from 2010 but shows that a lot of what's marked "classified " is harmless public knowledge.

Much of what the government says is classified isn't much of a secret at all. Sometimes, classified documents contained little more than summaries of press reports. Political banter was treated as confidential government intelligence. Information that's available to anyone with an Internet connection was ordered held under wraps for years.

Days after President Barack Obama's inauguration, the White House received a classified message from the U.S. Embassy in Ottawa. It was a primer for the president's upcoming trip to Canada and it included this sensitive bit of information, marked confidential:

"No matter which political party forms the Canadian government during your Administration, Canada will remain one of our staunchest and most like-minded of allies, our largest trading and energy partner, and our most reliable neighbor and friend."

The document could not be made public until 2019, for national security reasons.

Sometimes, a document is classified even if it has no classified information in it. In January, the State Department asked the U.S. Embassy in Ankara, Turkey, for information on a reported plot to assassinate Deputy Prime Minister Bulent Arinc.

Every paragraph was marked unclassified.

The document was classified.

So forgive me while I don't fall over myself because the word classified is used. It's been referred to the Justice department and it will go from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,539 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

But, but, her e-mails!

We know you won't fall over yourself. It's critical of Trump, you can't abide that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

You seem more concerned over the number of boxes than you are about the fact that Donnie's accountants cut ties with him, stating that they could no longer vouch for his financial statements for the last ten years. A pretty serious development, wouldn't you agree?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement