Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Juran

And From.what i understand, they have a team of at least 10 advisors, on full time salary, all being paid $150,000+ (maybe more), plus their expenses. This team ranges from PR guru's, personal assistances, personal secretaries, etc. You often read about a new advisor, who worked for NBC or Google, or the likes, joining their team.

Taxes on that houses will be around $500k per year.

As this poster said, you fly through money in LA with all these outgoings.

The millionaires that live in their neighborhood made millions in music, TV, movie industry, etc. Years ago, I mean the 70's, 80's and 90's, and they invested millions back then, so they are now getting huge returns every year to sustain their LA lifestyle. But they keep a low profile, so security costs are lower, and they don t tend to bring legal action against every second media outlet, government, etc, so their annual legal costs are a lot less than H&M !

Spotify are getting impatient.

“Spotify had said it expected the first 'complete series' from Archewell Audio in 2021, but has since given no further updates. 

In July, Archewell hired an experienced podcast producer, Rebecca Sananes, and confirmed it was 'looking forward to sharing more content later in 2021'. 

Now Spotify is hiring producers through its podcast arm, Gimlet, to work with Archewell Audio. ” https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10437119/Spotify-takes-Sussexes-podcasts-hands-Streaming-giant-hiring-producers-project.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

"We didn't have a plan. That (the streaming deals) was suggested by someone else by the point of where my family literally cut me off financially and I had to afford security for us".

Seems to me that the deals with Spotify and Netflix were cash grabs i.e. get the signing on fee and then figure out how to satisfy the terms of the contract later on if at all. It also seems that Megxit itself was a reactionary and reflexive one in that they had nowhere to stay, no work for financial independence lined up, no grand vision or plan to highlight their passions/charity/interests. It was a hard Megxit so to speak. When, judging by their output, it seems that they're only interested in the money then delivering something stream worthy was going to be a problem. With all their PR manifesting and the dent to their reputation then their stock, their earning power has dwindled to the point that whatever they ultimately do deliver will not have an audience commensurate with what they get paid. Needless to say, if they'd gotten their expenses picked up by the Royal family then according to Harry quoted above there would be no Netflix and no Spotify deals. Their jaunt to New York and visiting Harlem, United Nations etc wasn't because these are projects and issues they are passionate about but rather they simply didn't have a choice because when paymasters are paying you millions then (shock horror) the feckers want their pound of flesh.

The Megxit comparison was an astute one as well. One of the best albeit crude analogies I've read likened Brexit to a 50 year old married man who thinks that the only thing stopping him from being an in-demand silver fox shagging twentysomethings all around him is his boring marriage so he decides to get a divorce. Six months later he's squatting in a bedsit washing his jocks in the sink. I am convinced that Harry and Meghan's PR sold them on a similar ideal i.e. that the only thing stopping them from being Hollywood royalty and making eye watering sums of money was the dull and archaic Royal family so they left, they made some initial bank (ironically stemming from their links to the BRF) but now the reality of their situation has sunk in and they have to actually do some work which they need help now in delivering.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

the content written is very different to your claim of spotify getting impatient.

but then again trust the daily mail to spin nothing into more nothing so as to gaslight their readers.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

spotify and the like are not stupid, they don't invest if they won't get a return.

megsit was a response to the likes of the daily mail and sun and their knuckle draggery and it has been shown to be a good idea and the couple seem happier then ever to be out of that toxic environment.

they are the closest people to the UK royal family that are living in the US, their earning power is quite reasonable on that basis alone.

either way they are gone and won't be returning to the UK and to the RF as working members and i highly suspect they do not regret their decision to get out of royal life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Not exactly related to harry and Meghan, in that it’s not something they’ve done or said, and I wasn’t going to open a new thread, but prince Charles has tested positive for covid-19 again and he was in direct contact with his mother the queen.

It would be awful if she succumbed to Covid in her Jubilee year. She’s some woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

I really hope they both will get through it safely. Camilla didn't contract it.

what's worth another mention, this article says the queen marked in her 70th anniversary of her accession to the throne, she hoped that when Charles succeeded her, Camilla would be known as queen...wow, that's some announcement I would say...

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/10/world/europe/prince-charles-positive-covid.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

they’ve the absolute best of medical care so even if they get unwell they have best chance of beating it. It would be a deadly twist in the tale if Charles got v sick and the worst happened and if Wills n Catherine got promoted ahead of schedule

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

He's already had covid and is vaccinated so I'd say him getting very sick this time is quite unlikely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,148 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

It would appear the Queen just cut a cheque for her darling son.

Is it any wonder the Ginger one wants to get far away from that awful family.

Wasn’t that why he sold his Swiss chalet? Mummy wouldn’t bail him out. Nor would Charles or William.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well expect he was told he’d have to go it alone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

So much so that he went to the Superbowl with Eugenie!

they are and always have been on good terms, same as all the rest of the non-senior membersof the rf.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,148 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

There is no tangible evidence that anything has been sold.

Also

Land Registry documents in Switzerland named the owners simply as Andrew York and Sarah Ferguson, and confirmed that it was bought with the aid of a mortgage.

By the time the mortgage is cleared and Sarah gets her cut, what's left?

The lady he allegedly abused called his bluff and won, the price invariably then goes up.

Some people speculating between legal fees and the payoff to her and her charity it could be in the 10s of millions.

British politicians already asking on clarity of where the money is coming from.

AFAIK the lad is depending on handouts from Mummy at the moment, what's another cheque to make this god awful business go away, there is a jubilee to celebrate after all.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

They were never going to let him get into a witness box with experienced lawyers ready with their claws to pounce on all his 'facts'. Andrew was a loose cannon that the monarchy need to STFU and fade into the background before he dragged them all down with him.

Whatever way it's worded to ensure he's not admitting anything, history will record that he paid out millions to settle an underage sex trafficking case, that he was stripped of his honorary titles, and fired as a working royal.

But they won't cast him out penniless. They need him where they can keep tabs on him. They'll have learned well from David and Wallis what kind of associations a broke royal can attract. It's also why they probably will pay for the entirety of this whole thing. And I'm sure that they know the money trail would be followed so the only acceptable source of the income is the Queen's private wealth, inherited from her mother and have it as far away from public funds or the duchy income as possible.

I would imagine that he got a few Bob in Phillips will

Harry and Eugenie have always been close so I'm not surprised by this.

As for Queenie and Covid, I don't think that's what will take her but I don't think she will see this year out.

• Advertisement

The Queen has become very frail and shrunken since Philip died.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

She also seems more publically vocal? Lots of witty comments from her.

She must be devastated by the trouble Andrew has caused, like any mother would be.

Harry’s court case re paying for protection when they visit is starting today. “Prince Harry's High Court claim against the Home Office for not to allowing him to pay for police protection while in the UK will have its first hearing on Friday.” https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10526793/Prince-Harry-begins-High-Court-legal-battle-against-Home-Office.html

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I think that there should be police protection for them on UK visits, or at the very least sharing of intelligence/threat risks. There's so much sheer vitriol and hatred towards them from lots of UK citizens that I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few plots to attack them being planned. He is a potential target by virtue of birth, and MM more so given the racial and anti-foreigner sentiment swirling around the UK at the moment. I can understand him wanting to keep his wife and children protected when coming home to visit his family. There just isnt that same level of hatred for them in the US.

They didn't help themselves with their Oprah interview and other tone deaf endeavours but it's fair to say that there's probably a few nutters in the UK who would actively wish to harm them and they and their kids don't deserve that.

The MET won't win either way though - if they provide security they'll get lambasted for wasting taxpayers money on non-working royals, if they don't and any attempt to harm them happens they'll get lambasted for not protecting the family. I think they'll have to agree to a security detail for them but for appearances sake they need to bluster a bit before capitulating.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

It seems that recollections may vary again in that the Home Office are saying that Harry didn't offer to pay for his security until it was put out in the "born into the risk" statement i.e. the part of the statement saying he offered to pay since January 2020 is false. They've also given a dressing down for failing to show respect to the actual experts and decision makers when it comes to protection and security i.e. he can't say he knows better if he and his private security are not privy to what the Home Office knows. In the end it seems that their point of view is that providing security is dependent on the reasons why they are in the UK. Official Royal engagements? Yes. Filming for Netflix? Jog on. Same deal with the rest of the rank and file Royal family really i.e. on engagement then protection provided, when not then subject to ongoing risk assessment by the Home Office.

Post edited by valoren on

The security completely depends on what they are doing there. Apart from the fact that they will be staying in protected royal residences, if they are at official functions, security will be provided. If they want to pop down to Harrods for a few old souvenirs, pay your own security team. (Who will I'm sure pass on any known movements to the local police)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Ludicrous this idea that he can’t bring his children to visit until he gets the police protection he wants. There’s nowhere on earth they’d be safer than staying on his fathers estates. I’m sure Prince Charles would send a man or two to Heathrow to meet them off their private plane.

Hope he loses and gets stuck with the costs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭backwards_man

They are not concerned with protection this is all about having their status as internationally protected people reinstated so they can tour the world with paid protection. At the very least it is about being able to travel within the UK filming for netflix with an entourage of VIP protection for the cameras so everyone can see how important they are. Harry and the family could fly in privately and discreetly from the US, fly by helicopter to Windsor completely without seeing the public, stay with Charles under full protection (his), and return the same way. No one would even have to know they are there. But that is not their style. Nothing is worth doing if it cannot be monetised. Meghan needs a photo of Lillibet with the queen before she passes on and time is ticking.

sure yeah.

harry actually already gets the police protection when he arrives in the UK, it's the ability for him to pay for the costs of that protection rather then the tax payer having to do it is what he is looking for.

• Advertisement

Yeah. Wrong.

He has to use private security in the Uk, same as when in the US. He did offer to pay for the police protection, but they’re not for sale. Others in the Royal Family only have police protection while on official duties. Like Anne and Edward. Why should Her Majesty’s grandson be treated differently to her children?

Advertisement