Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You can tell Dias isn't fully up to speed in the movements required of our front three but feck me he's been some nuisance out there hassling the Norwich players and hasn't stopped making runs.

Edit: well he just scored a peach 🙂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Lovely ball from Hendo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

WTF. Allisson looked to have been miles outside the box handling that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Goallllllllll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,874 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Luis, Luis Luis, Luis Luis, Luis LUIS DIAZ!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Kop end too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Thiago changed the game the moment he stepped on the pitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

What a goal.

Well done Diaz.

And Henderson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Great pass and great goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Diaz gives me serious Suarez vibes..... minus the biting.

• Advertisement

Thiago the game changer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Diaz looks made for this team.

Origi looking good since he came on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

I really, really want Divock to score 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

3rd goal was a thing of beauty

Everton losing with Burnley and Watford winning..it's going to be very exciting down there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Thiago just has to play these games, he makes such a difference in there against the likes of Norwich, Brunley etc....

Just goes to show we don't really have the strength in depth in midfield yet.

Tis not a bad sign when you're getting the 🎶Just Can't Get Enough🎶 treatment.

Thiago!

• Advertisement

You have to be proud of that.

Be great if we played the same way the first 55 minutes but three moments of magic made the difference.

Annnnyyyy chance of a Conte surprise??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Thankfully they turned that around. Dropping points to Norwich would have been a huge blow.

But Thiago is such a baller, he just does everything so smoothly. The club needs to set up cameras that just follow him around pitch and put it on the YouTube channel.

We do and we don't, Kieta and Ox can have their qualities for certain situations but against teams like this who pack midfield and try to beat out press we need players who are comfortable on the ball and can put together a series of quick sharp accurate passes that's pulls their packed midfield out of place. That is Thiagos bread and butter....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Awful until Thiago came on and he just took any hint of a game away from them. Keita and Ox don't offer any control playing together both want to break the lines and run with the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,874 ✭✭✭hynesie08

How many points behind now jurgen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Second game in a row that Klopp’s substitutions were spot on. Best manager in the World.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure Thiago or Origi had much to do with either goal if memory serves but certainly we got two goals in short order after the subs

The question around Hendo now is he should not be guaranteed a starting spot even as captain.

Both Fab & Thiago are now the main men in midfield.

It look like they went 442 towards the end there as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭jones

Ox and Gomez looks surplus to requirements me thinks

Shane long on the score sheet against Everton, they are sinking into a relegation fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Norwich lose, but Burnley and Waford win, and Newcastle draw. Everton lost again, they really are getting drawn into the battle is Everton.

Now all we need is Spurs to win!! Kane leads the attack. Spurs front 3 look good today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

I knew someone would call me on it before full time 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭BillyHasMates

I think the midfield balance was wrong that started rather than an issue with Ox or Keita as players. Keita is excellent when he has two of Fab, Henderson and Thiago to play beside. Ox doesn't do the role of either of those three and vice versa. They shouldn't both be starting together unless forced by injury. A league win is never a given and I think we took a risk trying to rest both Fab and Thiago. Thankfully Klopp made the changes and turned it around.

I thought Gomez did ok, we need him to cover RB/CB. Ox though, unfortunately he just never made it back after that injury. I really want him to do well, he was a top player for us and seems a nice guy. But his future lies elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

So did I. Defended well, a couple of stray passes but given how long since he’s played that’s understandable.

Kelly Dalglish

'' City have a 6 point lead, at this earlyish stage of the season''

Now, Spurs to have their best day of the season and win 2-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

I'll not be sad to see ox go unfortunately,poor Joe is no RB ,a CB should be his only position..if anyone was in any doubt that Trent isn't a main man in this team he was the one most missed today.

I thought Gomez was just fine, obviously he was not going to provide what TAA offers in attack but he was very assured in everything he done today. Our main problem today was Hendo, Oz and Kieta when on the field together offered us absolutely no control of the ball.

For me, Fab and Thiago were missed more, you could see as soon as Thiago came on the pitch, the team functioned better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

If I was to pick a game that would suit Ox between Norwich and Leeds this week it would be Leeds all day. They'll have a go and he'll get space to run into which is his best attribute. He's no good against teams that sit in. But he was so poor today off the balland he was awful on it too.

As has been said, midfield needs to have at least two of Fab, Thiago or Henderson. Sometimes all three can play but we need two of them on the pitch in PL and CL games. And it also gives us the option to bring one off the bench. During the week Henderson came on and it helped and today it was Thiago.

Hopefully Spurs can give City some type of game but I don't have much hope with how they've defended recently.

• Advertisement

Klopp also seems to be using the last few months to retrain himself into using his entire squad rotating players in and out.

It also shows he now trusts his full squad instead of relying on just his first 13/14.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Issue today was midfield balance. Henderson came alive when Thiago came on and made a lovely assist for Diaz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

That's what a proper world class playmaking CM looks like.

Phenomenal.

But Henderson is still a better option in there beside them two you mention.

Too early for making judgement on Elliott, yes he's a talent but time will tell.

Nabby shows glimpses but he's too inconsistent.

Milner likes Ribena.

Mo Salah after reaching 150 goals for Liverpool

"It feels great. I’m always proud to score for this club and the most important thing is to win games. "It was a tough game. The crowd was behind us, the atmosphere was unbelievable and we managed to come back."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Not when it comes to the homegrown requirements though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Good man Son. Should have gone yourself though.

Oops, wrong thread. Or is it 😏

Advertisement