Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,266 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

i think I’m interpreting correctly by thinking that Truss is saying is that this is probably or possibly very likely to escalate into WWIII..

threat is higher then anytime during the Cold War..according to the UN General Secretary… both Truss, the UK and Guterres the UN Secretary General singing off the same hymn sheet….

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Shao Kahn

Nobody needs to "divert" the thread towards US vendettas.

This whole crisis has the lying cheating yanks paw prints all over it from day one.

We have people on here trying to claim this is some sort of conspiracy theory, despite the fact that they are actively spreading western propaganda at the same time.

The yanks tell you all that there will be false flag attacks, and then you simply regurgitate their unsubstantiated reports of false flag attacks verbatim from their media and government sources. You couldn't make this BS up if you tried. 😂

It's embarrassing how brainwashed and Americanized our nation has become.

You want to somehow magically remove American warmongering from this discussion, but at the same time spread their lies as much as possible. Make your mind up chaps, you can't have it both ways!?

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives, and it puts itself into our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." (John Wayne)

The fact that you don't know or are pretending not to know is as telling as what points people to say what they've said about your posts tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,022 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Russia engineered an uprising in Donbass region previously but their own militarily involvement was limited. If this becomes a straight up war of occupation by Russia’s entire army in Ukraine it’s a mighty difference. Again I stress this is not about moral compasses, simply PR and commercial impertitives/brand protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shillyshilly

• Advertisement

Ukraine have expressed interest in joining the EU since the 90's and NATO since late 90's early 00s.

Budapest agreement was signed in 1994 (Russia signed too) .

Current Ukranian government isn't in bed with Russia and Russia don't like it.

But yeah, definitely America's fault.

Football is especially irrelevant in these circumstances IMO, but I think the talk has been that the IRE-UKR game will likely be moved to a neutral country.

Why is the Ukrainian president trying to set up meetings with Putin?

Why are the Germans distancing themselves from taking sides here?

If it's as clear cut as some of you want to believe, then we should see a universal response. But we don't.

The Ukrainians know their nation is being used in a big tug-of-war by both sides. The Germans and French seem to know it as well.

But there is one country that is ramping up the propaganda machine more than any other. And using terms like "false flag" is a very transparent tactic that is ubiquitous throughout American political and social discourse.

The saddest part about this type of propaganda, is that in any armed conflict it's highly likely that both factions will be committing atrocities against each other. We know this from history, it's the ugliest part of war. But only one side here, will have the ability to highlight these events to the world.

It is worth remembering this, when you are chowing down and swallowing everything that "your team" chooses to feed you.

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives, and it puts itself into our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." (John Wayne)

You need to cop on with the "my team, your team" crap ... this has been brewing for decades, and to blame it all on "the American war machine" is just silly... and if you're that worried about propaganda, you'll be appalled by what comes out from Russia about all of this..

Ukraine have been looking for dialogue with Russia since 2014.

the crux of it is, Ukraine have wanted to join the EU and NATO for decades now, Russia doesn't like it, with Germany's energy reliance shifting to external sources, it is a weakness in the solidarity of the EU and NATO, Russia knows this.... France did well trying to push diplomacy, because sanctions and war on EU boarders is bad for business, and with them possibly turning into Europe's single source of independent energy, it's in their interest to keep EU cohesion in place until that happens (i.e. keep Nord Stream2 on track).

The US are playing Russia at their own game for once, but after Iraq and Afghan, people are far more sceptical of what they come out with... and Russia is playing the uno reverse card any chance they get because of this.

My personal opinion being, with the amount of ISR assets they are throwing at this situation daily, there is far more to this situation than we'll ever know. The OSINT out there points to Russia escalating this, and if the US wanted a war, there are far far cheaper and easier methods to do so rather than what is being played out currently....

But yeah, no doubt I'll be labelled team USA, get a load of gaslight responses, all for calling a spade a spade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greenpilot

Attention!

A Boeing RC-135 Rivet Joint has been tracking all night South of Crimea, coming relatively close to Yalta and in range of Sevastipol Airport.

This is the 1st time this aircraft has gone this far South and perilously close to overstepping its line in International Airspace.

It's been gathering intelligence all night, judging my It's flightpath history. See attached picture

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheTruth89

I reckon you regret your "gaslight" post now that you have to directly deal with one of the 3 or 4 prominent putinbots on the thread.

There is a distinct difference between gaslighting and calling out putinbots on there nonsense with facts and truth, there is. Reason so many people are calling out these 3 or 4 posters... Unless everyone is gaslighting these poor innocent putinbots.

are you going to report on the usual 8+ daily ISR flights over Europe and Ukraine?

edit: the Homer flights come from Souda Bay, so they travel north to get to the Black sea and have been doing similar routes the last year... Likewise with the Brio flights based in Romania... and U2 flights from Akrotiri..

Post edited by shillyshilly on

nah, I deal with gaslighters in real life on a daily basis... this stuff is text book.

challenge a gaslighters belief... they respond with counter that loosly relates to your counter, but picks on something you believe.... rinse and repeat until initial point is gone and argument is about you.... if they get caught out, it results in them bigging themselves up while belittling you (doesn't have to get nasty)...

speaking of which @MFPM... you had a post saying you don't spin things, but then had a spiel about Sky news warmongering.... but yet you didn't respond to my post about Russia 1 TV saying Donbass is close to having concentration camps, with Russians being gassed and that its time for Russia to step in militarily....

if not spinning, then why the dodging?

In 99.9% of conflicts the highest death toll is among the civilian population, not military personnel/fighters. Afghanistan, last time I checked (and I don't think this is a quirk of how the numbers were counted or how poor the Afghan Army were) was an exception. So it's a poor example and honestly I don't think it should lumped in with the likes of Iraq, which is a sin for the ages.

The hat does seem to fit quite nicely on your noggin Shill-y! ;)

The thing I can't fathom, is why people never seem to lose faith with America's foreign policy. No matter how many times they prove it to be disastrous, certain people still think this time will be different.

Their bull in a china shop approach to diplomatic relations, never seems to bring anything positive. Yet here we are yet again, being led down the garden path. But this time it's not a bunch of poor brown people wearing sandals in the desert, it's Putin with 6,000+ nukes in his backyard.

It's just like their aggressive approach to policing their own cities, and we can all see how well that works!

There will always be a most powerful country, a most widely accepted currency, a most feared military. It just happens to be the US right now. But in a world of several billion, with technology as a great equalizing force, a situation where 330 million people dominate the globe (or a good part of it) is unrealistic and untenable in the long-term.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheTruth89

You LL be a long time waiting for a factual reply to your question instead you LL get a whole lot of whataboutery, ending in something about the US.

You LL also find it's mostly these putinbots that tend to get nasty when they are called out, I don't think factually defeating someone in a debate constitutes gaslighting but to each there own.

I don't have time to debate... I drop in from time to time... pick apart some arguments by the usual suspects who are mid gaslight and leave... there more to life than arguments on boards

whats with the you LL?

Exactly, whether we like it or not, our future is a multi polar one.

Controlling other major powers, and keeping each other in check is one thing.

But the Americans cannot accept that any other nations should have any real power, even in their own region of the world. Their attempts to dominate every other power in the world, will most likely lead to another major global conflict or several major regional conflicts.

Unless someone is brave enough to take the captain's armband off them.

And perhaps that might be something positive that could come out of this conflict. The EU might finally decide to grow a pair of balls, and show some genuine leadership qualities. One can only hope I suppose.

I think you should ask where in St.Petersburg or Zhanggong hes based

• Advertisement

Bull **** ****. I've been around here a long ass time and America is and always has been massive criticised for aspects of its domestic and foreign policy by all kinds of posters.

It's also kind of funny, a lot of Irish people would have a very close-to-home example of when America's diplomatic efforts made a massive difference. Ya know, in Ireland.

I've asked this question several times, can you explain how it's America's fault that Russia have put thugs in as "separatists" over the last few decades, why it's America's fault that Russia are now getting civilians (the ones they like) out of an area that Russia are gong to invade?

You constantly go on about how "America thinks it can do what it wants" yet you don't criticise Russia for land grabs and the rest. Why is that? Is it just that you feel like you have to cheer for the "underdog", and if so maybe reconsider how you decide who the underdog actually is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greenpilot

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke III

It's classic 'hey, look over there stuff!'

Russia has already stolen large chunks of Ukraine and is now preparing to seize the rest by force. Anyone who, when asked if they condem this, does not respond with an unequivocal 'yes!' has a moral compass that is wildly askew.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭zv2

Much as I mistrust America I'm glad they police things. If not for them we'd all be speaking Russian or Chinese now.

At any rate, I don't see Russia invading. Putin is getting more out of gaslighting America and dragging NATO by the tail. Why spoil the fun?

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke III

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭zv2

At the very least, bargaining power for future negotiations. He put the frighteners on all of them and that counts.

This is an interesting point 'A big split!' Vladimir Putin's hidden Ukraine strategy to drive apart US and EU revealed (msn.com)

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

Understandable. But Ireland has a privileged position in all this, given our links with the US. If we were not so privileged and secure, like people in Central and South America where the MIC has been meddling, destabilizing and causing violence for decades, you might have a different view of what that policing entails. It's also easy to support sending young American men and women off to war, when their funerals are so far away. Even at that, I had to be policed by one or the other, yes I would rather choose the US for all its faults.. they make more of an effort to abide by the rules of war.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Possible concessions, at the very best a private (or public) agreement from Kiev to kick NATO membership down the road. This crisis places Putin front and center, distracts from any internal domestic issues he may have (notice how Boris has also indirectly benefitted from it), cements his control over the Duma and military (and press), appeases hardliners and nationalists (who form one of his largest voting blocks).

In a free, open and civilized society it is absolutely essential to ask: Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? I had to google that, but we all know what it means: "Who guards the guardians?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Harryd225

Well, still no invasion yet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement