Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

Battery on the navigation map is the Wireless Charging Pad. The inside of the battery (where the lightning bolt is) flashes yellow when its charging. When it has the red line through it then there's an issue. Usually with the way the phone is positioned. I've gotten it the odd time now

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭PhilBky

Possibly but as today went from 2 degrees taking into account wind chill, to 8 degrees, the predicted range did not change.

Probably a good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭PN14

Completed South Co Limerick to Dublin Center Center yesterday and back with a shot of driving within and around Dublin, bray, dalkey during the day

I get on the motorway 10kms from home so motor way pretty much all the way.

Consumption Adare to Big Ball Naas junction 22.5kwh / 100kms @ 120kms aircon on (have done this journey a few times with similar consumption)

From Kill into and around Dublin during the day approx 80kms average consumption since charge at home in the morning dropped to 18.5kwh/100kms (from the 22.5 on the motorway)

Fast charged at Kill on the way out 30mins to go from 8% to 83%. Average consumption for journey home into the admittingly strong winds was 31.6kwh/100km.

This is my first EV, always been diesel to date, I have an I5 premium for 3 weeks currently 4,500kms completed. I have definitely noted that the trip from East to west takes maybe 10% more consumption that the trip west to east. I've put this down solely to driving into headwind

Thoughts on car to date -- very happy with it and I have spent plenty time in it. I do Limerick Drogheda in about 85% battery takes 92% to come home,. very comfortable, driving aids are lovely, adaptive cruise (which I didnt have in last car is lovely) i pedal prob my favourite feature. I have destination charging in Drogheda so I can pretty much get up and down without need for public charging. I have completed a couple of day trips to Dublin which do require public charging which has been a bit hit and miss but I havent been stranded yet (did get home on my first trip with 0% battery nothing like testing the range)

I have been driving the car in what I call normal driving, driving the same as I have driven every car I previously had, so no hypermiling, aircon off etc and my real world range is coming in between 330/350kms

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

Great real world stats pn14

Just to confirm, the Limerick to Drogheda run is 250km- you get home with 8% remaining from the 73kwh Ioniq 5 ?

apologies if i didn't describe route properly. Start at home with 100% I get up with about 15% left on range. Charge above to 100% and get home again with about 8%

Would be some machine to do up and down in one hit. Add my trip is actually 290kms from door to door

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

Great stuff, it’s either an ev6 or I5 for the old man next, just trying to get a feel for it’s capability- real world info like this is golden-

Real world for me so far 330/350kms that includes a good shot of motorway. I'd say you'd easily get to 400kms on 80 to 100km routes with some city driving and no motorway. My average consumption from charge yesterday dropped from motor way over 22kwh/100km average since charge to 18kwh/100kms with a few spins up and down the M50 between bray/dalkey/walkinstown so the journeys around Dublin were even better than that to drop the average

On the other hand it was only about 240kms of range into the wind last night coming down so not all journeys are equal as I'm finding out.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Summer2020

My own real world info. Start from Dublin 18 on 100% and drive to Dundalk Co Louth and back with 15-20% remaining. Not paying any particular attention to conserving range. I'd imagine I could have 25% remaining easily if I tried . 58kw battery.

Journey is 230km door to door

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭eagerv

The missus has about 1500km up now and she is well used to EVs over the last two years. She says about 18kWh/100kms would be normal for her at this time of the year. All A and B roads and she doesn't hang around. Only charges to 80% normally and range shows 270 +/-. She reckons it's a 300 km car no problem, being more efficient than she expected. Summer of course will improve. (58kWh Executive)

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

Do you not consider the premium plus AWD decent performance.

Looks nice alright seen a few examples of wraps like this on-line but of course more bells and whistles on this potentially.

It'll have the one gripe with I5 owners at least camera as review mirror 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Old diesel

On the range estimations.

The car tries to make estimates based on what happened previously.

It doesn't know what its going to be asked to do tomorrow.

Personally I reset one of the trip meters on my classic Ioniq every time I charge up.

So I can see what its doing after various percentage points.

I like to see what kms its done at 40 percent remaining or 20 percent remaining for example.

Part of the issue is that the WLTP figures are not even realistic in summer.

Never mind winter like what we have at the moment

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I did indeed but current car has 762 bhp, 0-60in 2.8 seconds so it needs to be something special to get me out of it!

Now its not as if you need that all the time but like anything else, its nice to know its there :)

My problem is i get bored easily, I've had 4 cars during lockdown alone!

The WLTP figures are pretty useless. My point about this is that the range at 100% charge should be consistent, as the range figures Hyundai provide in their ICE vehicles are and be neither a representation of past performance or a guess at future performance based on the past.

Your checks at certain percentages are what I have done and, as long as the variables don’t massively change, give a better guide than the numbers on the display.

Experience and familiarity will, no doubt, lessen everyone’s fixation with range. Let’s face it as far as EVs go we are at the equivalent to being in the early 1900s with ICEs, the explosion in use of the 1920s to come as more models, better charging station availability and technical advances come along.

AHH here your just a total nut job then 🤣 (in a good way).

If I hard that performance I'd have more than 6 points on me licence, and I'd have it wrapped around a pole. M3 for me was a bit of a mid live crisis Ioniq offered a balance and but more sense for the family. Bit of room and luxury over speed.

The problem is you get into,other cars that have reasonable performance and they feel slow!

250bhp 530e, great car but feels slow!

205bhp eNiro, another great car but feels slow.

To think we started with 90bhp Civics and they felt quick back then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭hooch-85

What kind of an animal of a thing is 762bhp? I have a lightly tuned Golf R as my own personal car and the Ioniq 5 is our family wagon, best of both worlds!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Anyone know if there’s a way to get the actual handbrake to auto engage at power off? I would have bet any money it did when I got the car first but doesn’t do it now. I’m not talking about P gear selection, mean the actual handbrake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

I presume it only does it if you have "Auto Hold" on?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭d0157063

posting as it may help others since I was unable to find relevant posts.

5 Year AA Roadside Assist - This comes by default with the car. I already have AA Platinum Rescue+ package. I had to call few times since many were clueless, nevertheless - managed to cancel my existing membership and went ahead with Hyundai Assist Plus paying €40 extra per annum (for peace of mind). Only difference is, now I cannot call AA roadside if driving any other car, rest all other imp features are covered.

All details mentioned here - https://hyundai.ie/hyundai-aa-assist/

• Advertisement

Did you check your car insurance policy before shelling out the extra €40?

Some fully comp policies offer most, and some all, of the benefits as part of the insurance package.

So need some extra room for road trips (even though there loads in the ioniq 5) so either roof rack or box for detachable tow bar.

I see after market detachable tow bar on Hyundai accessories, anyone of have an idea what fitted price on that would be.

Looking also at roof racks (removable) there are Thule ones but not sure they fit the glass roof premium plus?

Post edited by podge1979 on

Looks like direct carrier from Korea on route, arriving the 26th of March in Dublin (or Cork like the last time).

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/GRAND-URANUS-IMO-9472206-MMSI-477142300&ved=2ahUKEwj-9dGF-Y32AhWRZMAKHXkhBFUQFnoECAgQAQ&usg=AOvVaw15WE2OZ51kn4JY0SRTrYHZ

That should be the ship for April deliveries then, would point to decent drop if direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭denismc

A cool feature I only noticed recently is that the air-con automatically goes to recirculation when passing through a tunnel.

I'm not sure where the car gets the info from though, is it reading signs or getting the info from the sat-nav?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Gandalphs Brother

Mine does the same. It also activates the front air intake vents when it goes into the garage. The first time it happened, I was standing in front of it when they opened and I expected to see a couple of machine guns appear, al la James Bond.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Pivot Eoin

The panel behind the rearview mirror is filled with sensors that are linked to the software. Same panel auto measures the wipers, screen brightness, reads speed limits, senses road lines etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Sargasso

Yes leaving on the 23rd Feb. Only concern I have is that it is leaving from the port of Pyeongtaek and my understanding is that Ioniq 5 is built in Ulsan and shipped from Ulsan? Hope I'm wrong!!

• Advertisement

I was trying to figure that out does it take the speed limits from navigation system or camera as there times it's changed and I didn't see any signs.

Advertisement