Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Virgin TV360

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

slightly off topic but does anyone know if the virgin media tv unit tv360 has a Bluetooth remote? I’m trying VM for 12 months but I always have the boxes hidden away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Don't think it's Bluetooth but it definitely isn't IR either. I think it's RF so you'll be grand once you can keep it ventilated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Why would you think that is off topic. Oh well.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

It’s not. Since it’s a while since the launch however, I’ve slightly edited the thread title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

On the Red Friday deal, Virgin are offering 360 TV with a 43 ' TV. Does anyone know the model you'd get please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61 ✭✭butwhynot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Little tip for future thread searches related to 360 remotes playing up.

Confusingly the remote of one of our 360 Mini's stopped controlling TV functions,like Volume,Input,TV ON/Off and going into the 360 settings to set back up TV control on the remote could not find the right codes for the TV saying the TV might be too old. I knew this couldn't be the case because I had an identical TV's' functions being controlled by the 360 remote of the Main 360 BOX in another room without issue.

So I figured a remote reset might solve things. Googled and it said Press and Hold the 'TV' button and 'Rewind Button to Reset Remote and the 'TV' button and '0' button to re pair the remote to the 360 box.

This did nothing (*)

So I figured I can force a reset by pulling a remote battery for a minute.

This did nothing.

Some more googling later and I learned that the remote can still work on 3 batteries!! So pulling only one battery is not enough to reset it!! You need to pull at least 2!!

So I go to do that and I realise that one of the deep inset batteries was actually the wrong way round the whole time which is probably where all the problems started. ie. One of the batteries inserted wrong way round on the first battery change a few months ago.

Problem was, removing 2 batteries for reset and then re-installing all batteries correctly still didn't seem to reset the remote nor resolve my issues and allow any of the codes the remote tried to test on my TV to work. Still getting the TV probably too Old message.

(*) So it turns out when they tell you to press and hold the 'TV' and << or 0 button on the remote to Reset or re Pair the remote, they don't mean the TV Power button on the Top Left of the remote, they mean the 'TV' button beside the Cursor Pad to the right of the main 'Home' button. DOH !!! LOL. Once I realised my silly mistake, I was able to reset the remote and re Pair it in seconds and than going back into the 360 settings to set the remote to control TV Volume and functions and selecting Panasonic, it found the correct codes straight away for the 14 year old 42 Plasma TV (DIE ALREADY SO I HAVE AN EXCUSE TO REPLACE WITH AN OLED GODDAMMIT!!!) LOL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I signed up to this deal, anyone get the tv yet?

Going back a few weeks and they had I May Destroy You on RTE2 two episodes labelled wrong. I think it was 7 was numbered as 6 and 6 as 7 so I skipped ahead an episode. Annoying.

Also noticed lately News at 12.30 down as 5.30 - maybe they started the Xmas drinks early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Hey folks, about to sign up to TV 360 with Sky Movies aswell. Is it possible to access the Sky Movies on Demand with the virgin 360? Or do you just have access to the live channels?

• Advertisement

Yes you get access to Sky Movies On Demand. If you want this in HD you will need to pay for Sky Movies HD pack otherwise they will be only SD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,498 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

My setup includes an AV receiver with external speakers, the TV speakers are permanently muted. The TV360 remote used to be able to do mute and adjust the volume on the AVR but those buttons (on the TV360 remote) don't work any more. Mute works the odd time but you'd have to press it about 20 times before the AVR gets the command. The TV and AVR remotes are working fine, they send the required command to the AVR so the problem is with the TV360 remote.

Is there a reset procedure I should do or just ask VM to send me a new remote?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭tall chapy

Installed the TV360 and mini box(multiroom box), the picture has improved. They recommend you connect your your mini box by Ethernet, not everyone has their house wired or powerline plug installed for Ethernet. Took a while for the mini box to connect to the white modem box over Wifi.

A lot of the channel numbers change, they seem to prioritise HD channels, n issue with that.

One major gripe is that on the mini box you CANNOT pause the program you are watching for more than a few seconds. I believe because it does not have a hard drive.😠

That’s not an issue with Sky Q mini boxes, which have no problem with live pause even though they have no HD. Wonder what’s different about VM TV360 that they can’t implement the same feature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,337 ✭✭✭CoBo55

That would be a deal breaker in my house, when my deals fizzle out in the summer I'll get Q

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭deravarra

Had sky q with 2 mini boxes. Never managed to have a problem free service. Mini always disconnecting, or not connecting at all. A totally frustrating service. Always had to try and reconnect. Totally useless.

Going back to VM with just one incoming connection. I'd advise anyone considering going to Sky for multiroom to think again. Engineers can't even get the finger out and sort the connection issues.

Are the mini boxes connected wirelessly to the main box? I would be able to connect with a cable through a switch do you think that would prevent any problems?

Connected wirelessly in our case and no option of connection via cable was offered as a solution.

Am afraid that the current solutions offered by most providers fall far short of expectations in this day and age.

Does the mini box have a cable connection port? I'm not sure about the Q setup, maybe you can help. Does the main Q box create a network that the minis connect to or do they use your home WiFi network?

• Advertisement

No longer have the box and cant recall if it does.

The Mini Boxes had to connect to the main Q box... One engineer had a solution of placing an extender of sorts in the dining room, which sat between the living room where the main box was, and the kitchen, where one of the mini boxes where. The house is not huge, so I couldn't think of why the connection was so rubbish.

Avoid the damn thing if you want to keep your sanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Shamrock 64

Anyone know if we're getting the newly launched BBC 3, just launched today,not up in the EPG,so I presume it's for Sky only.

They are apparently waiting on Luxembourg regulatory authority approval (to get a license that will be valid in the EU) before they can go on any Irish platform - since Brexit a U.K. license is no good for this.

That doesn’t necessarily mean a carriage deal with VM will follow however, we only know one is done with Sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Sky Q mini work off the Wi-Fi or via a Ethernet cable, I’ve used both setups and never any issue with the minis wired but Wi-Fi I had some connection issues.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭mollser

Are we not getting the additional Eurosport channels for the winter Olympics? Pretty sure we got these last time. They're on the uk vm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭AJB39

It looks like we’re not getting the extra Eurosport channels on VM for this Winter Olympics. We did get them for the 2018 Winter Olympics but not the Tokyo Summer Olympics last year. I don’t know why we’re not getting them as by rights we should be getting them.

Post edited by AJB39 on

Odd that, they’re on Sky and I thought I saw it mentioned that eir had them too (might be just the 4K feed).

As oft quoted by the poor chaps and ladies who have to run the spiel for VM - it's all about "broadcasting rights".

More like "our irish cousins should be grateful that they pay a premium for sub-par services"

• Advertisement

Broadcasting rights are not the problem here, Discovery has the rights for the Olympics throughout Europe. The problem is likely to be lack of agreement between Discovery and VM to carry the channels.

You still have access to three channels of content on BBC, Eurosport 1&2, and a subscription to D+ will give you access to all the missing content concerned, for a price of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Hi I'm currently getting a unit built for the TV, unfortunately it is a distance away from the Virgin Media box and I need to get an extension cable from the VM wall box to the 360 set top box and the cable isn't long enough. Does any one know the specs of this cable so I can source a longer one or it it a propriety VM one?

It's just a standard coax satellite cable. I got the connection parts and cable from tvtrade, it works perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Anyone else's Program Guide gotten really slow lately?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,498 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Any sign of VM carrying BBC3 again - now that it's back as a broadcast channel and apparently available on Freeview, Sky and Virgin Media in the UK?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/schedules/p00fzl95

https://twitter.com/bbcthree/status/1488895637139689475

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Sconsey

I just got VM 360 tv (I have been broadband only for years). I connected up using a splitter in the attic and using an existing cable that was installed a few years ago from attic to the tv room downstairs.

Problem is only some of the channells are working, for a lot of the channells I get a message saying 'check your cables, etc'. A few of the channells work and then throw up the error and then display again, repeats every 10 or 20 seconds. Other channells are working fine.

Any ideas what could be causing this? i thought if it was a dodgy cable or connections then I would not get any signal, all or nothing, but I seem to have a few channells?

Thanks

Assuming you're using F type screw connectors check the central solid copper cable is a nice snug fit in the female part also check the outer hairy bit is nice and neat in the threaded outer part. Is the length of coax coming from the attic one single run and of good quality especially the central copper core? Some of those cables can be shockingly poor quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Sconsey

Just to close out on this in case anyone else has a similar problem in the future. I replaced all the connectors, signal improved but still had problems with not getting all channels and sometimes losing signal. I ended up having to replace the cable itself, it looks like there was a break somewhere in it but I could not find it. Anyhow, all good now that cable has been replaced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

Virgin sent out an email today hinting that Virgin 100 is rebranding as Virgin More, some kind of catch up channel or first run previews. I’m hoping it’s a UHD channel for select shows. The email directs you to https://www.virginmedia.ie/more/ to learn “more”.

Starting early April. Sounds like they will just 'fast track' stuff on this channel and then it will eventually be shown on Virgin Media One or whatever. e.g. Trigger Point, Holding etc.

Not sure how the Sport will work out. If anything they need to strengthen the sports channel (s) not dilute them more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61 ✭✭butwhynot

The Virgin Media More website as been updated with more information https://www.virginmedia.ie/more/

Also VM Sport Extra 1 & 2 HD have been renamed VM Extra 1 & 2 (no HD) and moved to the end of the EPG. I presume they are still in HD?

Has this also happened on Horizon and D4A boxes?

I’d take those VM Sport name changes as a good indication that VM Sport isn’t long for this world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭AJB39

I wouldn’t be surprised if Virgin Media Sport disappears as Virgin Media More arrives. I’ve also noticed that not every programme on the Virgin Media channels is available via Replay TV anymore. Tipping Point, Judge Judy, Who Want’s to be a Millionare?, The Pact and films are no longer available to watch via Replay TV.

Post edited by AJB39 on

VM Sport lost its raison d’etre the minute the Champions League contract was up tbh, I’m surprised it hung on this long afterwards.

Virgin Media Sport Possibly closing 2AM April 9 2022 but then off course the EPG might be wrong.

I just spotted that on EPG too, but as you said it might be that the EPG data hasn't updated yet on VM boxes

In the past has VM Sport always had 7/8 day listings on the EPG?

7/8 day listings - I think so not sure mackersdublin.

Virgin Media More listings are now on the TV Guide, but on 116 and 400 from next Tuesday (12th)

@butwhynot The VM Extra channels are stil HD on 850 and 851

• Advertisement
Advertisement