Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carers Allowance application while working

• 20-02-2022 3:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi all,

I have applied for Carers Allowance to provide full time care for my son. We are in receipt of DCA and I submitted my application last week.

Currently I am in Full time employment and my plan is to resign if my carers application is successful. My son's needs have made it necessary for a full time carer but I am unable to apply for Carers Benefit as I am not 1 year with my current employer.

Can anyone advise if this is acceptable with regards to Carers Allowance, that I continue to work until a decision is made regarding my application? Or am I expected to resign immediately now that my application is submitted?

Many thanks

Comments

Advertisement