Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭yer man!

I'm moving back to Ireland this summer and have decided to order one of these, I cannot wait to get my hands on it!

Feeling so jealous seeing neighbors drive around the neighborhood where I am now with them. I absolutely love the design after seeing it in the flesh. I am concerned about the rear wiper not being there and having poor visibility out the back window.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Gandalphs Brother

If you are using the live navigation system, it will pick up all the speed limits from that, but I also found that it spots temporary speed signs and reacts to them. Driving on a UK motorway a few weeks ago I was surprised that the car slowed from 70mph to 50mph as I passed a temporary speed limit sign. A few miles further on there was a temporary derestriction sign and the car resumed 70mph. Clever stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭YellowRattle

Think I read somewhere that the updated version will come with a rear view camera mirror. Someone here can confirm.

I am moving in the opposite direction to you so feel also the pain re envy.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Summer2020

Having about 6 weeks now how are people finding it? Were very happy with it bar a few things :

Lack of a rear wiper is annoying, especially in heavy rain like the past week

The manual door handles are overly complicated and starting to annoy us. It's quite awkward trying to open one handed while carrying a young child/shopping etc.

With auto lights on, it doesn't activate the rear lights when the auto wipers start in heavy rain (my last 2 cars have done this automatically- passed another ioniq today in heavy rain with no rear lights on)

Interior seems to mark quite easily. We have the executive and the drivers door arm rest (where window buttons are) has several scrapes and marks that won't come off with cleaning). We've been very careful with it so it's not carelessness. Never had this issue in any other car. Also the plasticy material on the door cards marks easily with raindrops and leaves a visible stain when dry, quite hard to clean off).

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

Not going to lie, it is a bit of a pain especially in this weather, I find myself using the rear view camera while driving sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Sargasso

After leaving Pyeongtaek (with Kia's) first port of call would seem to be Ulsan! departing on the 28th Feb.

I got premium plus and was concerned the all white interior would be a pain to maintain but found it very good and no marks yet and cleans off easily.

Front wipers are a bit annoying on auto even when there a lot of rain it doesn't clear that fast find and I manually do it.

Cleaning needs a bit more attending few hard to get at area's even if someone was mad enough to put in in a car wash a lot would come out dirty. But on the plus side the 20 inch allows are so easy to clean compared to other cars I had.

Seeing new things all the time, the alert to tell you the traffic in front is moving at lights was a new one yesterday ( I was daydreaming).

Post edited by podge1979 on

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭PhilBky

Good question. A good number of speed limits in North Kerry and West Limerick changed over last summer and autumn and the indicated speed limit still shows the old limits for up to a few hundred metres, then changes to the new limit. Almost as if the on board camera is correcting the system. On my trips last week some very short term temporary road works limits were picked up, contradicting the nav map.

Yeah I see on the heads up some times a speed limit visual with what appears to be another one behind, wonder is that what causes it thought it was a glitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭shanec1928

That’s how vw do it anyways assume it’s the same for all. Takes limits off of map data and then corrects when passing a speed sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭grennscreener

oops - ignore

Post edited by grennscreener on

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭grennscreener

Apologies if this has been posted before. It came up in my YouTube feed today.

Any one any ideas how feasible this is?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭d0157063

Agree with all the points, except no interior scratches yet..lucky...bumped the front passenger part trying to use public charging, fortunate no exterior marks yet

1) Registered for Tolltag+ - saves lot of hassle

2) Cancelled my existing AA Platinum roadside membership to leverage Hyundai offer

3) Trying to be regular on iPedal mode - Mrs likes the Auto hold, but no need when using iPedal - wonder if back red lights turn on when releasing accelerator using iPedal?

4) Bluelink app still acting on me....especially during morning - when charging is needed greater than 5 mins, sometimes it works, sometimes doesn't

5) Applied for SEAI home charger grant - awaiting response - will post pics once charging pedestal installed (ours is non std installation)

Rest all in all - so far so good !

As a way of example, here's the passenger door panel today after getting some raindrops on it yesterday.

Pretty bad really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

That's terrible. Have you spoken to Hyundai?

I didn't think there was any point, is noone elses the same ? whatever material it's made from marks terribly from rain. It's quite a grainy material and isn't the easiest to wipe off even with car detailing products.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭crisco10

Not sure how much rain we've been caught in but no mines not the same. A few greasy paw prints is the height of it for ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭eagerv

Ours seems fine as well, yes it marks easily enough with dirty fingers etc but herself carries a pack of wet cleaners in car and likes to clean touch surfaces regularly. No worse than any other plastic surfaces on other cars. Looks like your car got a fair drenching, but should wipe clean easily..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Yeah had this the other day. Window/glass spray and a microfibre cloth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭eagerv

I have the use of our Ioniq 5 for a short while. Missus on hols with our daughter. Handy because I sold my ID.3 last week.

Anyway very impressed with the efficiency, today had my usual rural 88km home to home run. Started with 220km and ended up with 151km range remaining. A good example of gaining range because temp a lot milder than previous drives. Total for day only 14.8kWh100km. My previous ID.3 and her old Classic Ioniq would not have been much better.

Had to laugh when got a whatsapp from herself telling me to lock the car lol! I had only run in to a shop to get a few messages...😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭John arse

Haven't driven my kuga phev since last Thursday,got this message this morning.It must an anti battery drain mechanism(ala ioniq5 battery drain issue).don't know whether to be reassured or worried?-the former i think🤔?.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭crisco10

Ha, I got the same WhatsApp last weekend when I was halfway around parkrun! Sort of creepy really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Regarding the rear wiper, best solution is to get something like Rain X or even just a decent car wax. Wax from the Circle K car wash makes the rain drops roll off the windscreen when driving and that'd just be cheap stuff. Rain X is apparently fantastic but not sure how effective it would be on the rear window.

Rain-X not very effective but better than nothing. The problem isn't raindrops, it's dirt. The aerodynamics around the rear of the car throw dust and dirty water off the road all over the back of the car including the rear screen. Rain-X will bead clear water bust doesn't cope with dirt.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

You lost me when you mentioned Circle K car wash, never take a new car into one of those, or any car with decent paint, it will be destroyed in swirl marks. Home two bucket wash and hand wax, does not take that long and infinitely better than using those scouring pad machines

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Is anyone else sorry they bought black? Looks brilliant when clean but with the winter roads at the minute ours seems to be constantly dirty. I don't use public car washes either, I'd be more satisfied cleaning it myself using my own products I can trust.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I've been washing my own car for 4 years :) I just found the wax was helpful for the windscreen after I brought my mam's car there.

Makes sense if the issue is the dirt though, Rain X won't help with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Someone will make an aftermarket one sooner or later.

Its hard to know if it was an oversight on Hyundai's part or they were cheaping out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭denismc

The original Ioniq didn't have a wiper either but visibility was never an issue, the new car on the other hand just seems to attract dirt.

My old Octavia has a rear wiper but I find I hardly ever use it, I guess its down to the shape of the car.

Advertisement