Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who Watches the Watchmen (Our Chit Chat Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

where would Timberland come in the prestige table - lower end?😶

• Registered Users Posts: 16,740 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I keep getting my head turned by Seamaster's recently. The white one earlier in the thread is stunning, I am finding myself tempted by the Grey/Blue version tbh. If there was a GMT version? I'd buy it asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭micks_address

@banie01 there's a 2018 seamaster on adverts with a glidelock clasp added.. not sure but might be worth checking if they would sell separately.. quite a few seamaster listed in last few days

• Registered Users Posts: 5,617 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Lower-end would be massively flattering I guess, more like 'non existing'? Its an outdoor wear company selling China made clothing and without looking I imagine their watches are just a generic Chinese cheapie afterthought.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Fitz II

It would be used under the leg of the table to stabilise an annoying wobble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,971 ✭✭✭893bet

I wouldn’t be seen wearing it on the farm for fear a cow would pass comment.

Admiring the below today. Doesn’t fully float my boat but something different.

https://garrick.co.uk/our-collection/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Cows see 893. “ Pawn the Patek did you???Peasant! “

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Excuse me! The Timberland watches have a proper Japanese quartz movement. Just like Grand Seikos.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi folks,

Anyone compare oem omega seamaster rubber straps to something like Zealande?

Would usually accept oem is best but seen few posts saying Zealande are more comfortable.

Thanks Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

any one had any dealings with watch.co.uk before? or could someone recommend a european supplier of hamilton?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

thanks will have a luck

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Hello all, not logged in for months but have some watch news. I got an email from Wilsons auctions house, I am subscribed to their mailing list from a past life. They were having a seized jewellery and watch auction in the Belfast branch. I was intrigued so paid the registration deposit. Ended up nabbing a 27mm steel diamond lady constellation with box and papers for a shade over GBP 2K inc fees as well as a diamond and emerald pendant. I was bidding on a black bezel seamaster but dropped out at around 800 GBP, it sold for just shy of a grand I think . Was also bidding on a Datejust, no box no papers and dropped out at 2k and it went for about 3k GBP. Just have to arrange delivery to Oman which will be fun no doubt. I will put the watch away for the wife and give it to her later in the year as a gift. Hoping she will like it, she tried one on a few months ago in the "boutique" here and loved it, albeit the two tone rose gold version. There were quite a few watches on offer, a Datejust x2 and Daydate, TAGs, Cartier and Breitling but nothing I was willing to spend too much on just for the sake of it.

In other news, I've been in and out of Dubai 4 times in the past two months. Between Dubai airport (2 different terminals/duty frees) and 3 separate malls, every single Rolex shop has bare shelves. The Dubai mall two outlets and both were empty. Absolutely crazy stuff. I'll be in Qatar at the end of the month and will be interested to see how things look there. I do think though, with the amount of Russians in Dubai, there may be a glut of watches coming available as they try to liquidate cash. I was tyre kicking in Breitling and in JLC and tried on two watches I have been ogling on chrono 24. A brietling premier day & date which I did not like on, the glass sits too high and not flush with the bezel, glad I saw it in the metal. I also tried on a JLC Polaris, it was a beauty. I think whenever my time here in the ME ends (was supposed to be June 22 but now pushed to June 2024) I will pull the trigger on one to mark my time here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Gant21

That’s great news james

• Registered Users Posts: 20,049 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I quite like a crystal that sits proud of a bezel, most datejusts are that way as is the milgauss looks good on the green crystal

On that thought, if anyone is buying a new luxury watch, they are overall generally cheaper in this country. Happy to source a watch for someone, no profiteering on my side.

Can you get me a no date sub, OP41 turquoise and a panda steel Daytona please? 😁

About the Polaris, you could PM Cyrus here, I think he mentioned he is thinking of selling his?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,049 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Jaysus unkel that’s long departed normally when I say I’m thinking about selling something it’s gone 2 days later 😂

I'm on it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,971 ✭✭✭893bet

I think the opposite is likely with Russian money. More likely to invest in watches and physical to prevent any cash they have becoming worthless due to rife inflation.

Haha in fairness you are as bad as the rest of us 😁

morning can chrono 24 be used to search for watch parts eg bracelets? just registered o it but i cant seem to find a way.

on a google search it does appear but cant find on the site.

thanks

got sorted thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33,589 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Anyone catch Antiques Road Show that was on before Peaky Blinders tonight on BBC?

I had it set to record, and when I played it back it was just the end of AR. Guy had just got a price on an Omega that his brother appears to have purchased in Italy, and the guy said he was thinking of selling, but with that valuation he definitely will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Saw that, nice Apollo/Soyuz Speedy with receipts etc. Yer man seemed to hate it so I’d say he had it up for sale within days. Very nice unexpected jackpot for him.

New releases from Omega . I wonder where they are getting their inspiration from???

They are moving into steinhart homage territory at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,740 ✭✭✭✭banie01

That is a near straight copy of an aquaracer.

None of the new Omega are catching my eye at all.

Advertisement