Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

Fed,watered, back in the leaba and heating on, not budging outside today either. It's a wild one.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,906 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Having a late dinner today , so a good old fry just ready , feck it , including a slice of fried bread !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,155 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

@Mam of 4 just polished off a fried egg on fried bread with a couple of waffles. Loin of pork for dinner. Comfort food for the day that's in it.

It definitely is the day for it @Grandeeod ! Hits the spot perfectly !

Love loin of pork , think I actually have one in the freezer . Stuffed chicken breast for me later , son fancied curry so will make that later too☺

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Lying in bed, woke up just 20 minutes ago, listening to the rain and wind lashing outside there today. Not a day to be out and about! ☔️⛈☔️⛈☔️

Had a great night out last night at The Seattle Grunge Experience in Whelans of Wexford Street with three good mates. The lads in the band played all the major grunge hits of Nirvana, Alice In Chains, Soundgarden and Pearl Jam. Came back for two encores. Excellent stuff! 👍👍🔥🔥🔥🎸🎸🎸🎸

Wasn’t just us oldies in their 40s and early 50s there either - quite a few in their 20s and 30s, showing the enduring power of grunge. 😎 That was my first gig in well over two years (Bjork at the 3 Arena in Nov ‘19 was the last). Great craic and so good to be out. Dublin city centre last night was heaving!

Post edited by JupiterKid on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭gifted

Couch, again,, really have to start doing some movement.

Anyway, ate a load of Lindt chocolate last night and as usual I got very tired so in bed by 10, awake this morning at 7. Now I'm watching my 3 chick's playing on the Wii fit....I got a present of it years ago but never used it. They found it under the bed and they love it. It really does get them moving and as usual there's a healthy competition between them to see who wins lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 22,260 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Not long back from a lovely walk in the rain and wind 😊 we should be used to this weather by now 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

That's the kind of gig I'd go to if I was to find myself in the big schmoke.

Today is inside weather. One of my cats goes to the door and cries until I open it. Sees the weather and runs to the other door in the hope that the weather is nicer at the other side of the house. Rinse and repeat.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

A mate I haven’t seen much since Covid and the restrictions dropped in for a cuppa and a chat this afternoon.

I’d heard from another mutual friend that things between him and his wife were falling apart and that they were separating. Now I’ve heard it from him directly - he’s a very “old school” bloke who rarely opens up about his feelings - but the things he told me today about what his estranged wife and her attempts to paint a picture of him as a bad father and a violent abuser shocked me as I always liked her and she always appeared sweet, friendly and pleasant.

I know that there are two sides to every story and I’m only hearing his side but he is not the type to lie or exaggerate. Looks like much of the “happy family” image they projected, especially from his estranged wife, was just a facade.

Thing is they have three children, two sons and a daughter - aged 14, 12 and 6 - and they are being dragged into this. Their mother is making them take sides which is very wrong. They recently moved into a new house and are still under the same roof but the tension, according to my mate, is nearly unbearable. They hardly speak to each other, the kids are very upset and he has lost weight and is depressed. I really feel for him. He’s linked into the family courts services and his GP has given him meds to help. I let him know that I am there for him for when he wants to talk.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Jupiter you're a good friend..

On the work trundle. Wonder what's in store for me..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,881 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I hope this fried bread is 'french toast ' . I love that

• Registered Users Posts: 12,155 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Sorry CJ! French toast is more a fusion thing and nice too. This was the traditional Irish version. A slice of bread fried to crispiness and then a fried egg cooked sunny side up and placed on top. Cut into the egg and let the yoke run all over the fried bread. Works even better with a slice of batch loaf or the batch heel. The crust is amazing. Nom!

In other news,the wind is still howling and much worse than anything that was predicted for Friday morning in my area. I've no Glenroes either. I'm enjoying some more of this Tyskie stuff. Can't believe I ignored it for so many years. I'll be having my pork loin, stuffing, mash, peas and gravy afterwards. Happy out!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Feeling drained this evening, work is tough. Coffee shortly definitely

Had a great day, got the housework done, laundry done, ready for the week ahead 👍

I can fit you on Thursday if that works for you 👍😉

• Registered Users Posts: 10,113 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Gotta sleep and the bloody phone keeps ringing, did 2 PCR tests within 2 hours, a new record for me :)

I suppose switching phone to 'do not disturb' isn't an option?.

@Autosport perfect, are you bringing Alfie or will i feck off to the pub? 😆

Just approaching the Maldives, weather looks amazing. Unfortunately I’m not staying here but heading further east.

Just hope the video worked :)

Post edited by smurfjed on

• Advertisement

Grem you can bring Alfie to the pub with you 😉👍 I will say though he doesn’t have much money 😱

Not one bit jealous Smurf 😂😂

@Autosport he'll get a few links of the pint and some of the treats that I always have in me pocket 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

@Mam of 4 @[Deleted User]

There's a documentary on tonight on Channel 4 9 pm Moors Murders, you might be interested in.

Also RTE have a documentary on at 9:30 on Vincent Hanley...music USA wasn't it? I was abit young at the time but the older siblings would have had it on. Might be worth a watch.

Must pick up the Hanley doc on the player later cheers @Princess Calla

May the good Lord be with you if you are relying on the player 🤣🤣🤣🤣

God Auto , lve been planning to do exactly that, but can't seem to just do it.

@Princess Calla , thank you.

Vincent Hanley, MT USA on a Sunday afternoon , it was a must watch . . He was a brilliant presenter and sorely missed after his death.

I've barely been getting into and out of bed lately, housework is rinsing my mug after tea 🙄

• Advertisement

Advertisement