Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭Bredabe

One of my world travellers luckily made it back to Ireland between lockdowns,

she got board and I directed her (like I did a lot of ppl) to a city council website where they had healthy cooking recipes and videos. She took to them like a duck to water and went onto teach herself baking from one of my late mother's baking books.

Yesterday she got a job in a bakery in Vietnam!! she seems to think its to do with me, but I'm just glad she's happy(for a while anyway)

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

This was years ago, also in Dunnes. Pre self-service checkouts but there was a basket checkout.

A guy decided for no apparent reason that he could burst forward past me when a cashier called 'next'. She sent him back before I had a chance to say anything 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 18,854 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

When wandering around a pub. Over hearing randomers very loud drunk conversations at tables.

Ramdomer A "I'm a nice guy" (really seriously and loudly)

Ramdomer B "I'm a nice guy too" (conciliatory in tone)

A bit later on there is an extremely very loud voice

"I have achieved a salary and job that most people in life would never attain!!"

From the same table it was ramdomer A....

No surprise there I said to meself.

-

I don't know why but I am still laughing about it. Alcohol intake can lead to self obsession and a lot of loud boasting. And zero self awareness - I suppose nothing new there. But I thought I If only they could hear themselves back. I just found it very funny anyway. Some people seem to find worry where there is none.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Hearing the following songs on The Square Tallaght's instore radio service yesterday.

*"Sold My Soul" by Reuben Hester

*"Sunshine Day" by Welshy

*"Tomboy" by Jessica Hammond

*"Next to You" by Wild Youth

*"Remember This" by RuthAnne

At a time when not enough Irish music is being played on the radio, it was nice to hear these artists at the mall. They are doing Dublin, Belfast, Kilkenny and Enniscorthy proud with their great music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,605 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Just having two days with nothing to do…. Just…….TV, Netflix, IPad, good food, no exercise, nice valentines gift bought, and…. Relax………

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Did a favour for my neighbour yesterday. I was expecting a brief thank you text, but she phoned instead. Much more personal and appreciative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,334 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

At the risk of giving my name away on an anonymous site , I'm watching Predator on TV and the main character has the same surname .

Reading a good book.

I hadn't read a book in ages up until the last couple of months of last year when I decided to try and get back into reading books again and I'm glad I did. I have two on the go at the minute and enjoying them.

I used to be an avid reader. Always was so I've been stocking up on books on my bucket list. Still I haven't touched most of them. The last 2 books I've read are both reccomended by people here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,605 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’m looking through the website of a business which lists one of the managers as a person called.. Dermot McDermott.

which has amused me… what sort of conversation were Mr & Mrs McDermott having that enabled that kind of laziness ?

“look, love, I’m watching the match, it’s the cup final, X haven’t been in it for xx years, call him Dermot McDermott I don’t care !”

” Ohhh right, yes, grand, our first born child and you can’t be bothered turning your head for five minutes to decide on a name, RIGHT ! You asked for it, I’ll call him Dermot ! “

• Registered Users Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭sporina

was asked for ID this eve when buying beer's in Tesco for our romantic eve.. i'm 42!!! the staff in question said he honestly wasn't sure whether or not I was under 25.. made my year/decade 😃😃😃

I am definitely NOT A manu fan but listening to DeGea talking about how keeping a clean 'sh1t' was great. He was so happy about having clean 'sh1ts' the last few games. For those who don't get it he's Spanish and it's clean sheets, as in no goals against 😀

Post edited by cj maxx on

I know a young lad, only 17, whose spending his pocket money on a takeaway and flowers for his parents. They have been stressed out lately, and he wants to do something nice for them. I think it's so thoughtful.

was buying beer in Tesco at the weekend and was asked for ID - I said "are you for real?" he said "yeah".. I did a little dance in delight,.. and showed him my DL.. i'm 42 wooo hoo.. his eyes early popped out of his head and he laughed.. said "nice one".. as I was leaving I asked, "did you really wonder whether or not I was under 25?" - he said.. "yeah".. I know I look young for my age but not by 17 years.. i guess the mask threw him off... none the less.. best thing I heard in years..

Bohemian Rhapsody is ch4 at 9 tonight. . Great film, and I'm not a Queen fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Ireland not making the Eurovision final.

Getting ready for a day of shopping, catch a film at the cinema and then something to eat...nice day out.

See ya later motherfuckers 😁😁✌️

George Ezra's new song, I love his voice anyway but the upbeat vibes on this song are just what I need atm.

Garlic bread. I love it. 🤤

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,481 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Just had a rather excellent steak and I am now watching Scarface while eating jelly and ice cream.

Not bad. I bought his last album for the car. So I look for his new one x

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Bought a pair of trainers earlier. Dealt with a lady who really knows her stuff. I knew that from before.

And she managed to deal with three customers pretty much at once, without making anyone feel they weren't being looked after.

Happy I am!

saw the 1st daffodil on my local walk yday - made me happy

you should write a review on google maps and mention her name.. good customer service should be mega acknowledged imo..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,426 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Bright out already this morning.

Roll on summertime

I saved €30 odd last night. I stupidly bought nitrosurge cans of guinness, not knowing what they were. All nitrosurges are sold out , but thanks to Google and my ex-wife, I discovered a work around. I took her old vibrater ( I emptied the house) and held it against the can. it did the job grand, so f$$k you guinness

• Advertisement

I had to see a consultant yesterday. He altered my appointment to fit my train time, knocked a few pounds off the bill, and his secretary called a taxi for me. Nice to know not all are money-grabbers.

Advertisement