Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭dee75

Car dealer has advised my ID4 left port yesterday on its way to Ireland. I didn't catch what the ship name was - does anyone know the name of the ships commonly used by VW? I'd love to track it - particularly given the windy weather we've been having!

(Ordered mid-October for anyone monitoring that stuff)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,515 ✭✭✭✭ted1

It’s on the Parana, stopping off in the UK along the way

a boat arrived today that left a few days ago: https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/PATARA-IMO-9491898-MMSI-218818000

VW were unable to Confirm if mine is on a boat I ordered in June!!!! FFS , all you newbies getting your car before me😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭eagerv

The "Patara" is due into Dublin in a few hours..

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Same as you Dee, ordered mid October and told that it's enroute on a ship.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

100% this morning. In showing 345km. Ugh. Chilly out though 6°, and all short bursty runs these days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,562 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Can't complain too much with that. Am surprised at the difference with others though - maybe seven years of driving electric has trained me well?!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Mines showing 306km at 80%, so just over 360km at 100%

Been doing a lot of short hops recently which has pushed the consumption figure up

It should balance out over a longer journey, I reckon I could probably still get close to 400km if I was feeling brave enough

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Not sure why boards is rotating this (and making the resolution garbage), but here she is again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 jonerp

I am considering a job that has a daily 170km round trip commute. I have concerns about putting up 50k annual mileage on the ID4 regarding resale value. Fuel savings would be great but is the EV suitable for such mileage or should I look at reverting to ICE?

• Advertisement

I imagine the depreciation will be similar between an EV or ICE car

The warranty on the battery is up to 160,000km, so you've up to 3 years under warranty with that kind of mileage

Even then your battery should have plenty of capacity leftover

High mileage will hit every cars resale value. EVs, because a lack of knowledge and FUD, will have a few weary buyers, but surely the money saved vs diesel will alleviate that. 50k km = ~€500 a year vs more like €5000 a year in petrol (maybe 4k for diesel). So €10500+ saved over 3 years? A €50k ID4 will likely lose up to half it's value in 3 years (typical for any 3 year old car). So if it's worth more than 15k (due to your 10k of savings) after 3 years you're up vs a diesel. Granted you could buy a second hand diesel and avoid a good chunk of the depreciation.

Imo when buying new, the more miles you do the more obvious it should be to go electric.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Dave Barry

Hi all,

Looks like the Parana only left Emden yesterday. My car left the factory on Thursday, what are the chances it’s now on the Parana?!

Ordered in September for reference.

Honestly it could have gone straight on or be sitting at the docks for the next few weeks. I'm sure there's some proper planning system to the shipments but from what I've seen it seems almost random

Yeh, I’m with you there. Heard of cars sitting there for ages. Hoping I get lucky!

Family model with the 21s in Blue Dusk metallic waiting for me hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

Looks like the ID.Buzz has a different type of battery to the ID.4 and can charge at higher speeds of 170kWh.

There are a few images today of the ID.Buzz binnacle now also showing consumption values, as well as battery % that was previously known.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭pad199207

Kinda starting to notice that you need at least 9°c to have a decent sort of range

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

I've ordered the GTX business and the range they are quoted is 340-480 km, in real life thought if you were to drive Cork to Dublin 268km motorway (living in Cork, in-laws Dublin) should it do that no probs? or would you guys stop off along they way in one of those fast chargers to give it a boost just to have comfort at the other end.

I suppose it depends on what you are planning to do at the end of the trip, are you going to be parking up next to a charger or doing a bit more driving.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

It should do that trip ok. Wind like these days might cut it tight, but it should be ok.

If the in-laws have a home charger then you're ok waiting until you're there. But if you plan to granny cable charge there, it'll be like 20 hours. Charging in Mayfield for 10-15 minutes would be my recommendation. Warm battery and lowish SOC so you might get decent speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Cool, they don't have any charger at their place but I don't normally stay the night there anyway anymore and if I am it would be in a hotel so they will have chargers. Never had an EV before but I am presuming that you should never pass one of those fancy super fast chargers in Mayfield without giving it an auld boost if doing long trips. The wife and kids like stopping there anyway to get a coffee or a drink anyway so may as well use the time.

A lot to learn.....pity I have to wait 6 months

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

I do Limerick - Dublin weekly. 225k door to door, no problem. Trick is not to go motorway speeds. 105-110km/hr will conserve a LOT of battery.

I do have charging at both origin and destination though, so I sometimes push on a bit, knowing I can charge at the end.

Portlaoise has a 150kw DC charger, J14 has a bank of 50kws and there's ionity chargers at Kill so you won't be stuck getting there.

You might have to choose your hotel carefully. Not many of them have charging points and far fewer have ones that actually work.

Is it Portlaois plaza that has the 150kW? I do Dublin - Killarney a few times a year so that might be handy when I eventually get my car!

Went to blanchardstown centre today and saw 5 ID.4s not including mine. A few were waiting on the charger I reckon

VW must be rolling in the cash on them given how well they're selling

On a related topic, why do blue ID.4 owners keep parking near me? I spent 30 seconds standing at an ID.4 trying to unlock it and thinking my key fob was dead when I realised my car was two cars down the line 😂

This is like the third or fourth time that's happened as well. I knew I should have gotten the yellow one...

I will do this only for the off chance it's you I park beside!

Aren't you in a max? Check the wheels.

Anyone else noticed a complete lack of indicator sound? No tick tock noise when indicating.

Also, did 1st ID4 cars not get the light strip across the front of the car from headlight to headlight? I've seen what seems like all other id4 with it, but not mine

• Registered Users Posts: 28,074 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

On the ID3 that light strip on the front was part of the matrix headlight system which wasn't on the base 1st Edition. Maybe it's the same on the ID4?

This happened to me once when the infotainment didn't boot up, all the interior sounds didn't work

The front light bar goes from headlight to headlight on mine, maybe it was just the Max got it? I seem to remember seeing the light bar only in the max spec

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Definitely noticed the lack of ‘tick tick’ from the indicators, a couple of times I’ve noticed they were still on when they shouldn’t have been!

Advice needed please! I need to do a day return journey from Dublin to Bangor, just outside Belfast in a City model so small battery. It’s 195km each way, now basing on worst case range of 200km could anybody please advise! I was initially going to stop at Castlebellingham on the M1 but I think that’s only about 75km out of Dublin. I’m anxious just thinking it! It looks like they have fast chargers there, are they likely to be available? I would then need a fast charge when I get to Bangor I guess but struggling to find fast chargers!! Please help!!

Yes, they're selling well. Saw three other than my own on the road last week in literally two minutes.

• Advertisement

I've definitely got the tick tock sound, but it's pretty low. No light bar for the 1sr, and I think the newer base models?

Advertisement