Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Lol, what are you on about? It’s nothing to do whether she’s a woman or not. It’s about her futile zero covid strategy. When New Zealanders realise they’ll never get their freedoms back they might eventually start turning against her.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭watchingfromafar

I've not wore a mask in a shop or deli this week, security no longer asking. But the stares you get out of some people are crazy.

Sure even the most rule following, jab nagger, in our office is now out with covid and sounds like ****, 3rd jab couldn't protect them against the ski trip weekend away flu.

The point being, masks did fudge all for transmission and jabs too. Glad we are getting back to normal, sadly lots of people will clingy onto this as long as they can.

Watching whats happening in progressive Canada at the minute is shocking. Native Elderly woman trampled by police on horse back...Trudeau was a tool since I lived there and even more so now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭walus

It is now that we will see what a strong and capable leader Jacinda is. We will see if she was really worthy of a Nobel Peace Prize nomination.

”Where’s the revolution? Come on, people you’re letting me down!”

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cannonballTaffyOjones

Drivel.

She's an authoritarian meglomaniac that has said she wants unvaccinated people put into camps.

Saying it all with a smile - as witches do.

Nothing to do with her being a woman, you're the one that brought up that!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,024 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

You are running out of things to argue about if that is the level you are resorting to, you not remember her pop at Ireland back at the start, she was smug as ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Looking forward to the mask dropping, I really do grow weary of them... I'll wear on the Luas or in the event I get a bus (never) but otherwise I'm good to not do so.

Strange though, two of my team are currently off sick with COVID, both pretty under the weather too, I thought all of this "off sick" was over... apparently not.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Come next Monday they can stare all they want.

For me the ones that wear them while jogging or on the bike are the craziest bastards out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭timmymagoo

Lady In the gym last night, young and healthy

black mask on her, strange as it can’t be good denying your body oxygen when working out

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Don't forget the folks driving around in cars on their own and masked up. I just don't get it, but it's a bit like an L or N plate - best to be wary as they may do something unexpected!

I know someone who is a big advocate for masks on public transport but admitted that if most people stop wearing them, they will too. That to me says what is driving this - consensus and not wanting to stand out! If most people bin their masks next week (I may post a picture here myself! 😁) then I reckon these current advocates will quietly do the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

100%. If someone feels that threatened, they should simply buy a treadmill or turbotrainer and never leave the house again. Weirdos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭VG31

Interestingly masks are no longer required on flights within Scandinavia. At least on SAS, Norwegian and Wideroe which make up the vast majority of the flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭VG31

That's what happened in London. Sadiq Khan said masks would remain mandatory on public transport in London. In reality though, there's no enforcement and compliance around 50% (when I was last there anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I guess you imagine there is some learning point here there really isn't apart from your complete inability to teach in any way. Fully aware of all of this and you're welcome to have a nurse, a retired one at that, to school you on all things COVID. I accept that he excites a lot of people but it is useful to repeat these salient details every so often.

That said why on earth would anyone go a YouTube channel to understand what Gates said when you can watch it on your own and make up your own mind. There's nothing in the interview that needs explaining, even to a small child.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

The language used in that tweet is directly from the conspiracy theory loons and parroted by the sheep that follow them.

And just for how easily you get duped (one of the many replies debunking those tweets in between cough "COVID deniers").

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭moonage

Apparently masks are to remain mandatory in healthcare settings.

But they were never mandatory there in the first place!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

To me though that kinda makes sense, at least for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Bill Gates predicts...? d'you mean like Nostradmus used to do,before Bill invented the computer company ? But as for accepting without question,predictions based upon a Tax Efficient "foundation's" knowledge.....Nah,I'll stick with the middle ages for predictions,if that's ok with yourself ? 😎

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Was away at the weekend in a Midlands hotel, hotel has signs everywhere saying masks weren't required, but I would say 70%+ of people still wore them around

• Registered Users Posts: 30,538 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I actually think having signs up saying no masks could confuse people more than anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

That's probably at least partly because the messaging as to what is and isn't covered (no pun intended!) has been confused and contradictory from the start - possibly deliberately so. It was the same in the hotel I was in last week.

People therefore just wear masks everywhere "just in case", but when the mandatory aspect is removed completely next week, masks will quickly follow - maybe not the same day, but certainly by Paddy's Day

Me I'll be dumping them immediately.. I haven't been afraid or even particularly concerned by this thing since it became clear in the summer of 2020 that unless you were elderly and/or immunocompromised (or lived with/interacted regularly with someone who was) the risk was minimal, and I think this whole "crisis" has been mismanaged since that point by a Government afraid of making a decision they might be held accountable for, and a public health cadre more concerned with covering their own asses in regards the mismanagement of the health services of this country for decades than protecting the actually vulnerable. The societal impact and division they've caused is massive and will be felt for a long time to come!

But that's me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

The drivel is not confined to NZ.

As can be seen this evening,our upstanding media are trawling the bottom of the barrell to reach the likes of Dr Margaret Harris of the WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION 😨 !

I can imagine this woman smiling broadly .....!

'Bizzare' to believe Omicron is not a problem

Dr Margaret Harris of the World Health Organization has said that it is "bizarre" to believe that Omicron is not a problem.

Dr Harris told RTÉ's Drivetime that 75,000 people died from Covid last week and Omicron is the dominant variant.

"I would hate to look in the eyes of the relatives of those 75,000 people and claim that this was a mild disease. In the people who are vulnerable, it is a very serious disease and it has to be taken seriously," she said.

She said that the emergence of the Omicron sub-variant is "certainly something we are watching".

When asked if she was concerned about Covid-19 restrictions being dropped, she said: "We certainly are concerned that countries may be simply following what others are doing instead of really looking at their own epidemiology and what is going on with their own outbreaks and in their own communities."

Dr Harris also said that mask wearing "has been really protective" and it "should continue regardless of whether it is a rule or not".

She was'nt half as concerned when the same Countries were blindly following her dictats.

It's fairly obvious that this Pandemic is long past that definition,but as her entire raison d'etre is now entwined with keeping pandemic panic going,she'll keep pumping this stuff out !!

Perhaps RTE Drivetime will have an opposing viewpoint on tomorrow......?

Oh well.......🙄

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Or the ones driving in their car alone all masked up, noticed a few of them as well.

This really seems to get at people. I’m tempted to wear one in my car just to wind oriol

• Registered Users Posts: 24,373 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Doesn't get to me. I just use it as an indicator that the person is a complete dimwit.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Timmyr

What shite are you talking?! I live in NZ and we have all of our freedoms, and pretty much have done for the majority of the pandemic while the rest of the world suffered!

The only people here without freedoms are the idiot anti vaxxers, and rightly so

• Registered Users Posts: 24,373 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Edgy

I dont recall her ever saying that?!

I get the impression most people on here complaining about Jacinda have never even been to NZ. If you had been here throughout the pandemic you would feel very different

Lol bit touchy there. Omicron is highly transmissable . It hasn’t hit NZ yet really. Lets see what Jacinda does when it really hits. You will be back in lockdown would be my bet. I could be wrong though, hope i am.

There wont be any more lockdowns here, everyone who wanted to get vaccinated has been. Borders are opening up from this month.

I still cant understand how people can criticize the NZ response, we have lived a normal life through most of this pandemic and only had around 50 deaths in total compared to almost 6,500 in Ireland and ye were in lockdown for a long time! I know where I would rather be

• Advertisement

My biggest fear for NZ was that they would keep their borders closed indefinitely. It’s great to see ye are moving on opening the borders. I do wish ye well down there.

Advertisement