Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to work after illness benefits

• 21-02-2022 5:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

I'm off work with my back and I'm on illness benefit my physio and doctor both think I should be able for about 1 day a week from April but it looks like I would lose all benefits if I go back and I would only get the one days wages to keep me going. Is there some other benefit payment that I could apply for to work 1 day a week and get some payment for the other 4 days

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Unless you are on illness benefit 6+ months so can apply for partial capacity benefit I am not aware of another support (I looked into this myself last year).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Conchurl

Im only on it a little over 3 months. My physio and doctor don't want me doing more than 1 day a week to begin with and slowly increase it but I will be losing money if I go back for 1 day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Sounds like you would be 4.5 months in April so maybe they will agree to wait to 6 months and would support an application for PCB?

I went back and tried to do too much myself and it was a bad plan, the system really doesn't support a transition back for under 6 months continuous leave :(

See details at this link

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/disability_and_illness/partial_capacity_benefit.html

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Yeah unfortunately you need the 6 months on IB before you can apply for PCB.

Only real option is the Community Welfare Officer and Supplementary Welfare Allowance, which is means tested. Jobseeker's won't apply as you need to be looking and available for work.

Advertisement