Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭combat14

yes putin could drag out fighting in east ukraine for another 8 years but why bother when he has has already in advance positioned almost 200k russian soldiers on his neighbours border.... it is effectively pre-meditated war ...

to seal the deal:

Major explosion in Lugansk city center

The blast reportedly took place outside the local office of the ceasefire control mission in eastern Ukraine

https://www.rt.com/russia/550162-ukraine-lugansk-explosion/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I think there will be a lot of hindsight realisation that Putin made up his mind late last year. I think Putin was signalling his intentions last April with the previous build-up and realised during the follow on political discussions over the summer that diplomacy would not work. The diplomatic options had already closed by November.

Macron in particular has been played by Putin in a spectacular manner. The US would have went with applying crippling sanctions prior to any invasion to deter military action, but Macron allowed the EU to be strung along.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

I say thats exactly how it will happen. If that's the case I say about a week or 2 if he is planning on invading the rest of Ukraine. I say they will be using the wk or 2 if that does happen to just increase their defence capabilities and train more troops. All they can do, more time they have the better to do all this. Russia knows this so there thinking the faster we get in the better for them. Longer they take the more the Ukrainian defences will increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,516 ✭✭✭brickster69

Who is the west exactly ? It looks like only 3 or 4 countries have sent arms to Ukraine

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭zv2

Prisnetsky net en hensik voor nemretski il net prisne votne.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

• Advertisement

it is effectively 1938/39 again except this time putin is far more dangerous than hitler..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭jmreire

Its a strange phenomenon all right, but I think that its all down to "Yes, we know only too well what's happening, but there's nothing we can do about it, except to try and live as normal as possible. I remember in Syria, and the war was in full swing, (and had been for several years,) but the people carried on, they went to the markets and shops, restaurant's , Shisha House's, Coffee shops etc. I remember in one Shisha house that I used to frequent,,,Lots of people sitting around tables playing Chess and smoking, and a bomb / mortar would hit, shaking the building and rattling the coffee cups. All activity would stop, people would look around, shake their heads in wonderment, and then carry on as normal. There's nothing else that can be done in these kind of circumstances, Life has to go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,892 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Curious to see what the narratives will be in the event that Russia actually invades the country.

Actually, who am I kidding, I know exactly what they'll be spouting. Personifying countries as people and dredging up their unrelated past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

Address moved to 7pm, supposedly.

Beverly Hills, California

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greenpilot

That's exactly what's going to happen..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Announcement on now

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I'd love to see Nato come out and announce Ukraine has been admitted with immediate effect , just as putin goes live

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Still no sign of (further) invasion then comrades?

Want to get one more pointless 'still no invasion' in before he finishes his speech?

This is approval for Russian tanks to roll. Wake up. I said it maybe 3 weeks ago, this would be the day of action. The day after the Xi ping-pong Olympics.

The exact same bag of sh1t he came about with ré Georgia and South Ossetia.

Let's leave USA and UK failings for another thread and focus on this short*rse b*stard.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭jmreire

Timmy, there is not a poster on here, and certainly not me, that is wishing that a war will start. And for damn sure, if it does start, I will not be taking any pleasure in telling you " Hey Timmy, you and all the others saying its not going to happen...were wrong, wrong wrong. its started, so lets hear from you now."

In actual fact Timmy... the invasion and war started back in 2014, and the death currently stands at 15'000 and rising each day. But in your view, that's neither an invasion or a war. When the death toll reaches 20'000, maybe your opinion might change? Or would it take even more death's??

yes with putin on about about 1917 russia giving away territory when russia was weak ... he must mean finland too .... who is next ?!

Anyone who thinks the Peppa Pig speech was shocking (it was) should reference it against this kleptocratic semi-factual rant. Only a short*rse could talk so much sh1te.

Announcement to follow after looong history 'lesson' I assume. Message so far: I will correct the mistakes made by the leaders of the USSR.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

This is a mad speech

Going on about how he gives aid to Ukraine while at the same time taking some of their country away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Should this not allow Ukraine to instantly gain NATO membership as desired? I mean they're clearly about to be attacked by Russian forces in those regions, so surely this is as good a reason as any to join up and bolster their future defence?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,274 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

He has more phones on the go than any other leader I've seen.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

I believe Donald Trump has been mentoring him.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,274 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Kind of Trumpesque rant, hopefully he takes questions at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Shao Kahn

Sounds like you're eager for a war then. Why else would you be hoping for such a thing?

It's a nonsense point anyway, there's practically zero chance of Ukraine joining NATO as things stand.

I would say there are better odds that we get a major re-calibration of the security framework in Europe, as Russia are hoping for. It's possible this crisis is their attempt at creating enough leverage to force everyone around the table, and come up with something much better than we have currently.

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives, and it puts itself into our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." (John Wayne)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greenpilot

I've been there. What shocked me even more, was the destruction of mosques, historical sites, part of the very fabric of their society, reduced to dust. Streets where I once walked ( I still have my key card from one of the residences I stayed in, in Damascus, in my wallet as a reminder of the war. Then all the hassle of trying to cross Jordan to get into Isreal without a Syrian stamp in your passport. A whole, organised, civilised society went to #$@!! In a matter of days.

The same will happen in Ukraine, but worse. Flat topography perfectly setup for a fast armoured push into the country, all the way to Kiev. When it becomes urban warfare, that's when you will see Russian body bags mount up. Political narrative in Russia will change then. This will be a bloody, nasty affair.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,894 ✭✭✭✭listermint

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Why would he be eager for a war for wanting to help Ukraine defend itself from obvious Russian aggression?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

He would never have tried this when Trump was in office.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke III

Feeling pretty confident in this diagnosis as I listen to these insane ramblings...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement