Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas off Season Photo Challenge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Was in the pub last night and this was their cocktail menu ha.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Brilliant catch!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

OMG they have a box of Cadbury's Puds on the checkout counter at the local SuperValu and I never thought of snapping a pic. Will have to try and do a stealthy one next time I am in the queue 😁 or else buy a couple of them, haha

Post edited by miamee on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,314 ✭✭✭✭DvB

If i found a box of those chocolate puds I reckon I'd buy the lot of them.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Same. Missing them badly, stupid Dunnes clearing their stock away so early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

In my local SuperValu they have boxes of puds 👍 I can do deliveries 🚚 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Petrol station tonight

On my walk earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Few more from my walk tonight.....

Scoreboard is updated now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

I'd say about 70%+ of the posts are food related. Be interesting to see if that continues as the year goes on. I think it will drop off as stock is finally bought or taken off the shelves.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Does seeing Christmas stock on a website count (I'm thinking not but just asking!)

That's the nature of the game, the longer it goes the harder it will be to find a pic.

Maybe the points should go up each month till about Sept??

I actually was going to stop the game on the first of August as I reckon by mid/end August you'd start seeing Christmas stock arrive in most places.

I really do like the idea of increasing the points, might go 5 points extra each month, 15 for March, 20 for April, etc.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Once the summer is in full swing, this will get tough alright!

Spotted last night in Homebase.

Apparently in Castleknock reindeer are for Easter 😂

Nobody likes their flavoured coffees, there were tons of these. I only took pics of the explicit Christmas ones but come to think of it I should have snapped the Figgy Pudding one too 😂

It was a veritable treasure trove of Christmas treats

• Advertisement

Something must have affected Yankee candle sales... Loads of each of these 3!!

Festive season...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Nothing surprises me now

A lonely Christmas stocking and the last of the plum puddings.

The supermarkets are getting raided tonight.

Scoreboard updated.

And this little Christmas tree on the way home

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Lidl this afternoon 🙂

Scoreboard updated again and @Caranica is the first player to hit 100 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Get in my belly 😋😋 Bought it in SuperValu today

Can we just finish now 😂 I'm just lucky the people of Castleknock don't like Lidl's festive fare, wasn't expecting anything at all so I went into child at Christmas mode. Glad we still have to wear masks so nobody heard my mini cheers every time 😉

• Advertisement

I've got a few strange looks, taking pics of random things in supermarkets 😂

Advertisement