Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 pcchap

I got all print outs and medical reports from my GP, whiplash included, I went to physio etc, listed it on the forms and ended up they didn't look at any reports, just asked "you all good now", I said Yes and that was that... they are only really looking serious health issues and basically if you passed your fitness part then they are happy your body works.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Tango-Hotel

Yeah, I let them know on Friday.

Also start my new job soon. I'm sort of glad it's worked out the way it has now. Hope you all hear soon and get started. Hopefully they will get the budget sorted ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭lornzeo99

@Tango-Hotel their recruitment really is a joke, I know the pandemic hasn’t helped but as others have said other polices forces still managed! At least you have found something else that you are happy with! I’d say the stats have changed then because a lot of people have given up hope and withdrawn.

@pcchap thanks! I thought that as I presume most people have been in accidents and got a minor injury! Mine was from 2017 and I haven’t received treatment since that year or the year after so can’t imagine it would be an issue but I didn’t want to not put it on the form.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 AWD188

That’s the medical and every other stage passed. Is it now a case of just waiting to see if/when I get a call or do you receive any other communication from them? TIA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DDGS7

Welcome to the waiting room, its quite crammed

• Registered Users Posts: 41 AWD188

Like a train to Helen’s bay on a warm summers day Fs

• Advertisement

For everyone who is appointable, where are you on the merit list?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Newyearnewjob

It's so long that I had actually forgot merit list number. I'm between 600 and 650.

Post edited by lornzeo99 on

Guys I was speaking to someone already in and apparently they are taking a small number for March intake that had deferred offers and plan to start up normally again after that so fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 36 OldBenTheHermit

Connor Murphy answered a question regarding the PSNI budget yesterday, said that there is funding available to maintain police numbers at 7100, basically means if you’re sitting appointable then in the coming months you’ll get a call. Calls for April/ May should hopefully then start to go out in the coming weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 42 BelfastGuy65

ML number around the 350 mark

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Elninotdog

As much as I would love to pack this in and apply for another force wether it be the mainland or the Garda(who are recruiting btw,incase anyone is interested) I wouldn’t move unfortunately, policing is a passion but only in the country I come from, so I’ll continue to ride this crazy wave and maybe get there one day, hopefully sooner rather than later.

I wish this was the case. Vetting took 9 months. Only became appointable in mid December

• Advertisement

What a nightmare so you would have been in if it had cleared quicker. You’ll more than likely be on the next intake then. All I’m waiting on is vetting to clear then I’m appoint-able, mine has been away 19 weeks currently.

What were the ML numbers for the last batch that Got the call. I think they got to around 500.

Yeh comments said 500-550. Hopefully not long for us all now if they start doing calls again! Though there seems to be quite a few on here with merit numbers way lower than this that are finally appointable so they will be taken first.

Emailed recruitment almost 2 weeks ago. Said because my vetting is taking so long, I've had to accept a role for another job I was on the ML for. No response.

Got an email last week to say my vetting has passed and I'm not appointable. Called recruitment to say I'd sent them an email and to disregard it. They said they didn't receive an email from me and all potential recruits will receive an email shortly with an update. So I'm back on the rollercoaster again! 😂

I'm 500 to 520 on the ML and know of people around 550 that are in GV. So praying for good news. Hopefully I should be on the next intake. Whenever that may be!

You might aswell see now you are appointable unless you absolutely love your new job! Although who knows what the email might say but hopefully it’s that they are going to continue some sort of recruitment…

Yeah, I'd imagine it will be good news hopefully.

They said to keep an eye on your emails.

Oh I refresh this board and emails on a regular basis don’t worry lol! It would just be nice to hear some sort of decision so we aren’t sitting wondering!! I have heard from two different people - one in job and one in garneville that they are taking a small group in March

Yeah, I think that's right. Not sure of anyone who's in that group.

Although hopefully we will hear in this email what the plans are. I'd be hoping to be started by May or June with a bit of luck. Definitely should be on the next intake going by merit list numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 36 OldBenTheHermit

From what I’ve gathered from reading the Stormont sessions on BBC, the Finance Minister answered a question about a week ago saying that there is money set aside to maintain police numbers at 7100. This means if everyone appointable should get employed as quite a lot are retiring.

Im also hoping the email brings good news and confirms the above. The news reports on the increase in crime and drugs particularly. They need more boots on the ground. An increased visible presence is the only way to start to deter these sorts of crimes

• Advertisement

During a Q&A on the 15th, the finance manager said that they had obtained £300 million extra since the draft budget was since out. Said he was unable to distribute to schools, health or policing due to lack of executive. I'm sure they will find a way to get some budget allocated.

I have heard also that PSNI are losing a steady amount of officers that still need replaced. I'm hoping some ppl will hear something within next few weeks. I'm not sure where I am on appointable list now as some others have recently passed vetting so go back ahead of me. Would be nice for them to give us a rough timetable if they do start sending out the calls again.

Advertisement