Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you continue to wear your mask when they are optional?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

No

See I wouldn't be bothered about that at all. Karen can whinge as much as she likes, but we've already had enough of her sort limiting personal choice over the last 2 years without further enabling her.

I'd probably just smile and walk past her

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Phil.x

No

Absolutely not, considering the people/things on public transport that never wear masks, I'm protecting them with me wearing a mask for the last two years, but they couldn't give a crap about anyone and their conspiracies.

If I get covid again I'll know who to sit beside, I'm good with faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 GeneralMudkip

Yes in busy Shops/public transport.

Why would you be doing the very thing that you're denouncing? Very hypocritical.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Cover their teeth too. I'd say dental hygiene got worse during the pandemic and some may want to keep this going. If nobody can see your food encrusted teeth or smell your stinking breath through the ffp2, why bother brushing your teeth. LOL.

No

I'm done. Won't be wearing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Phil.x

No

Revenge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

No

Because I've no interest in pandering to the bed wetters. They've had their day in the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,631 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

No

Just NO!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

No

No, I won’t own any masks on the 28th. Into the bin, goodbye forever and good riddance.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,085 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I hope you don't need a pharmacy, doctor, dentist etc. 😷

• Advertisement

No

When you look back now at the outrage from some and how they embraced the whole covid passport nonsense, shouting that no way should unvaccinated be allowed indoors in restaurants etc. and some even calling for mandatory vaccination.

Will there ever be a point where these people will be embarrassed by their behaviour or realise how wrong it was ? I doubt it. Embracing the control and segregation of people and behaving like sales people for Pfizer. Being told what to think and following blindly without digging any way deeper at all.

Any doctors that spoke against the official narrative labelled headbangers. Nevermind the fact they were some of the most qualified in their field and that there were sustained smear campaigns against them all over the internet to get people to not listen to what they're saying.

In general people tend to find comfort in just following what institutions or what they think of as the higher ups telling them what to do and even when it's not adding up don't want to face up to that or want to dig deeper as it's just easier to stick with the accepted narrative. A lot of people were afraid to be seen as headbangers too by questioning some of the nonsense.

It's been a funny couple of years for the world and not funny ha ha.

No

No.

Newstalk were interviewing Averil Power CEO of the Irish Cancer Society at 4.30pm. She strongly advocates mask wearing for everyone in all public areas as people with blood cancers (especially) are very vulnerable, other cancers too (she stated) and also cardiovascular disease and COPD etc. She said we all need to "step up to the mark" in this respect and continue to wear masks to protect the vulnerable.

So where does she think this ends? People will always be vulnerable and it looks like Covid will always be here. I really hope those of us who are ditching the masks for good will not be subject to some kind of new societal backlash to all of this. Like most posters I think masks offer zero protection.... especially the dirty cloth ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

No

If you ask these people when does it end they never have a definitive answer and that tells you everything. Not happy until masks in place for good.

I understand the vulnerability of those people. I personally know someone in that bracket. But what is stopping them from wearing a mask themselves? Maybe 2 N95 masks?

Anyway, they’re gone now and it’s glorious. Couldn’t give a sh1te what anyone says in any shop or whatever. Do what you like, we all have the freedom to make a decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

No

No

I'll show my lovely face to the world in all situations from the 28th

If people think they are vulnerable they can take the necessary precautions.

Covid is no longer a concern for me,nor has it been for months.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,488 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Why? And yes I will continue wearing masks. As always I am thinking about limiting the scope of passing this virus onto someone else. I have never tested positive and have never shown any symptoms. I have no idea if I have had this virus, but I see no treason to help prolong its effects

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭VG31

No

As much as I would also like to bin all my masks.......how can you be certain you won't have to go to a hospital or the doctor? Are you not planning on going abroad anytime soon?

No

Still, no one has answered, when does mask wearing end?

Fairly simple question for the swathes queuing up to tell us they’ll continue to wear masks for the vulnerable. But they can’t answer. Weeks, months, years? When the numbers are 1,000, 100, 10? When a variant that’s even less dangerous hits? When it magically disappears? (News flash - it won’t unless some pharmaceutical hit the ultimate jackpot with a sterilising immunity vax)

Thats where the “I’m wearing this for others” theory hits a roadblock. It’s never ending. The vulnerable never won’t be vulnerable. The same vulnerable to Covid are vulnerable to flus, other viruses. We have never worn masks when there was hundreds on hospital trolleys when flu season was bad. Why now?

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

Yes in all situations.

I don’t mind the rule being lifted for others wearing masks but I’m going to keep wearing mine for the time being. I’ll be more relaxed about it in the office and probably won’t wear it all the time when I’m away from my desk.

In public, it feels more like a safety blanket in a bizarre way now. For so long there was the belief of “wear your mask to stay safe” that I need to readjust to the idea that I can be safe without it. Whether that takes a day, a week or a month, who knows!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 GeneralMudkip

Why in schools?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

No

Absolutely no way. Once the mask mandate goes I’ll never be wearing one again. Will they still be mandated for air travel? And as I understand it in medical scenarios

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,988 ✭✭✭Xander10

No

So when we shortly see 90% of people not wearing masks in most situations, how do you think you wearing a mask will impact on the bigger picture?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,972 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

On bus defo...not had a cold or flu (touch wood) in last couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

Same way people find comfort in believing conspiracy theory rubbish and think the 'accepted narrative' is some secret plan to control everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 32,972 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I wouldn't be chucking them out ..pretty sure you still need them on planes no?

Also who knows what variants might pop up in future...so restrictions of some sort might come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Yes in all situations.

If I want to live, masks are not an option for some people.

No

There there.

And how exactly would that be comforting?

I never said there was a secret plan to control people.

Were we hoodwinked to make a tonne of cash though? Yes.

Maybe read the PDF I shared earlier in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Too many dullard mouth breathers, sneezers & coughers in certain situations, it's not their fault they were born/bought up that way. The mask helps not inhaling their exhaled particles. I will also be keeping up good hand hygiene & continue with vitamin D till the sun comes out properly. The whole family managed to avoid Covid so far, so I'm hoping to keep up the good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭DLink

No

It's not as if proper masks will be hard to come by if you need to go to hospital 🙄

And you can buy a "breathable" mask from etsy for the plane and for going out foreign... it looks like a mask but lets you breath easy, it's all in the name. Doesn't stop the covid, but more importantly, it helps you lose weight as you don't need to keep munching a tube of Pringles during the flight to be able to breath easy 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

I don't believe that wearing a mask causes any psychological harm, any more than I believe it does any good. If it keeps people happy, I'm happy enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement