Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.Buzz

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭whippet

I'll be changing our BMW PHEV next year for a BEV and at the moment the BMW i4 is top of the list ... however for some unknown reason the Buzz is now peaking some interest from the wife and I'm sort of heading down that path myself !

the leaf is the the run about on the driveway so the replacement to the 330e will be the nice car .... when I see the Buzz in the flesh I'll probably end up ordering the i4 ... but maybe !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I look at the original prototypes and compare it to the above and it's just disappointment. I never expected it to be identical, yet the ID3 & ID4 are fairly decent modern exteriors, but this is just back to VW bland. It's nearly as dull as our old Sharan.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,257 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Looks like the controls got a redesign, right stalk is drive selector and left is wipers.

I like the drive selector being on a stalk close to hand, that sought lean forward to reach it is far too much work for me 😁

Not sure where the indicators are, I wonder have VW figured out they won't get used anyway 😏

Also, ID.3 style wipers, what's the bet they won't swap them over for the RHD version?

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

I don't think it's that far off tbh, basically the headlights are the big change that stands out to me

I think the white and rainbow doppler effect camo is letting it down a bit. Give it a light blue body with cream pillars and roof and it'll look good I reckon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭eagerv

Looks like they are copying Tesla having a push in wiper function on the left stalk. I imagine the other switches on the left stalk are for rear wiper, intermittent etc. Would also allow for indicators and headlights dip/high on same stalk. Unless there is also a right stalk unseen.

The drive selector could also be the indicators, looks like you twist it to select drive so it could still go up and down

Not sure how I feel about having everything on one stalk, it'll make turning the wipers on a bit interesting, might end up flashing the lights and then the indicator 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Mercedes have had a single stalk for decades, not with gear selector of course. I found them brilliant, much better than the 2 on an ID.3.

VW ID.Buzz - 1st Impressions & 1st Drive

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

That looks shite. So disappointed with this. Looks rubbish inside as well. What’s with the seating in the back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭YellowRattle

VW ID Buzz Cargo pre-production interior review

I was looking at some of the videos early this morning. It appears to me that the Buzz is very close to the other MEB cars and could potentially go down the same production lines in the same factories. It might not actually goes down those same lines but the platform is so flexible as to allow it.

I expect you will be seeing loads of these in black with blacked out windows used as hotel shuttles in the future.

One observation regarding An Post Kangoo ZEs. The interior space is so large that the HVAC systems can't keep them warm in winter. Every Van driver will be complaining about this in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Post drivers will be in and out of them so much would it really make much difference?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Looking at Bjorn's video there, the CCS2 socket seems fairly deep inside the body of the van, which could pose issues for certain CCS plug designs...

This is the complaint that has been fed back to me from real-world application in the Irish midlands.

The Postie is not liking his Kangoo Z.E. as he is freezing most of the time.

Good video showing the interior

• Registered Users Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Mildly ridiculous that they've gotten as far as letting people test drive but they still cover the dash.

I'm wondering what they're covering under there. I mean how big a departure from the other cars can it possibly be?

Maybe the screen faces out the front the steering wheel is square or something

• Registered Users Posts: 65,318 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Very disappointing, does not live up to any of the hype. It's just a van ID.3 (what else did we expect) - and if you look at some of the UK reviews, prices starting over there at about GBP50k, which is insane for a panel van.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,895 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Tbf. And I'd cannot remotely fit the same capacity.you've over simplified it and failed to grasp what is capable on a chassis.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I'm sure it will appeal to trendy hipster brands that deliver various items around towns & cities..

I mean who wouldn't want their Fiery chicken & couscous salad with a dash of aged pesto dressing & Frappe delivered to their office in a funky ID.BuZz

I think it's actually decent enough looking, they've managed to keep a lot of the outline of the concept but it was never going to make it to production in its concept form

I'm not really sure where they're going with the cargo version. Looks to costs €20k more than a base transporter and while the savings in running costs will be huge it's still going to be a stretch to pay off the increased price

I'm guessing it'll be popular for delivery companies in area with emission controls like the ULEZ in London, probably going to pay for itself a lot quicker over there

But I think the main market is going to be on the passenger version

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

would like an ID Buzz California version

Ex VAT UK price of a base transporter diesel is £25k

This electric one costing from £50k? There will be a tiny market for that. Reminds me a bit of when the Kona EV came out. €22k for the cheapest petrol one and €38k for the electric. Sure it's better, faster, cleaner, cheaper to run etc. but not THAT much better / cheaper

Also you can get a Chinese electric panel van over there for £23k

This is a battle that the Chinese are going to win. Soon. Higher end EVs might stay western for a bit longer, but the bottom of the market is gone. The horse has bolted.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,491 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Tiny market ? It’ll be sold out very fast.

ever company will be greenwashing.

Yeah. Greenwashing with a £23k electric van. Not with a £50k electric van.

Hate that stupid word by the way. It's purported meaning doesn't really exist in the real world. Companies will want electric vans to save money. Not really to look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,491 ✭✭✭✭ted1

You’d be surprised to see what companies spend to look good.

entire CSR budgets are just to look good

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Greenwashing is companies like Tesco installing AC chargers on site in an effort to look green, not a company purchasing electric vans which are a good way to transfer expenses from operating costs into capital expenditure.

• Advertisement

I remember going to a building providers in 2012 or so that had an electric truck sitting outside

The thing looked like it had moved maybe twice, wonderful waste of equipment. So it isn't just chargers that are used for greenwashing 😉

It did a pretty good job of a stationary sign though 😁

Post edited by the_amazing_raisin on

Advertisement