Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tinder Swindler [Netflix]

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

so is it a document tv series or a documentary film?

I haven't seen anything about it having episodes

Looks like a documentary film, walks like a documentary film, quacks like a documentary film

I'm pretty sure it's a film

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Alright, this all feels a bit daft, let me see what the wiki says:

Film:

The Tinder Swindler is a British true crime documentary film

Film:

On Rotten Tomatoes, the film

Film:

Following the release of the film

Film all over the place

and that's just the wiki

Falls under movie on common sense media:

The Tinder Swindler

Movie review by

It's not coming across as a not-a-film

I'm not sure where classifies this stuff for definite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

What difference does it make? If you press play on it on Netflix it will keep playing for two hours and you'll have seen all there is to see. I would call it a documentary film.

• Advertisement

Can't find it on the Irish classification website or the USA one.

It's on the english one: https://www.bbfc.co.uk/release/the-tinder-swindler-q29sbgvjdglvbjpwwc0xmdayndu5

Film:

Film

The Tinder Swindler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Seriously Slydice, this is your takeaway and opinion on the matter. What it is... lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

This is a documentary its more interesting than 90 per cent of dramas on itv or bbc as it shows how someone can make a completely false indentity on Instagram social media and he was clever, he travelled alot, he spent money on expensive hotels restaurants private planes to reel in his victims . The love fraud on hbo is similar , a conman married 5 women took all their money then disappeared he was arrested and spent a few months in prison. Meet all his victims on dating apps

He's handsome well dressed he'd have no problem getting dates in Ireland of course alot of Instagram images are fake setups he picked his victims out only from certain country's no American victims it's being made into a a film drama too.

Rob 20k from a bank and you, ll go to jail for 5 years there's 1000 s of black men in jail for selling cannabis which is legal in many states

Con a million from women and you ll probably get away with a few months in jail he must have plenty of money he's employing bodygaurds just to go to a car showroom he has no shame whatsoever he claims hes not a conman

It's mostly interviews with 3 women and images audio clips videos from social media it's very well made

His bodyguard is now sueing Netflix for defamation

I don't think his victims were gold diggers

maybe naive and foolish he flew on private jets and stayed in 4 star hotels and he setup up fake photos online to make it look as if he was the son of a billionaire. Its a common story, conman says he needs money, He said he could not use credit cards because he was being threatened by some criminals the last 30 minutes is very good because one victim strikes back . There's only 3 women in the TV program i think he conned alot more women over the years. Now he's making money on cameo.

He's being sued by a rich family in Israel for pretending to be the son of the owner of the billion dollar jewel company and for using their name as part of his scheme for conning attracting new victims. He always used a false name when he used tinder dating apps to contact new victims

• Advertisement
Advertisement