Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Husband's alarm went off at 7.30am this morning. That's grounds enough for divorce yeah?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

At least a knee to the nads... "Oh sorry, I was dreaming of snooze buttons..,"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,314 ✭✭✭✭blade1

ESB patching up a cable damaged in storm.

Before they leave one of them says to me "The truck is leaking oil and there's some on the ground, just throw a bit of sand or something on it"

Ffs there's a pool of oil around 10ft X 1ft left on the tarmac. 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Those 'victims' scammed by Catriona Carey. Why didn't they check her tax and business credentials and what she was doing was actually legal before donating spending money to her next shopping trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

TA is when I come here my last post is in the box. Did I post it ? If hit post will it be a double comment long after it made sense ( if I've ever made sense).!

• Advertisement

My husband has advised me that Ms Havisham in Great Expectations is 37 when she first meets Pip. That makes me 2 years older than what most people imagine is a haggard bitter ancient old hag. Great.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

If you don't have a maggoty wedding cake and mummified wedding banquet still all set on your dinner table and you're not still wearing what rags are left of your wedding dress... then you're fine, Molly.

That every ad on british TV has a mixed race couple. Is that Woke ?

The bad weather. Go away already!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,307 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

It’s gusting 52 kmh now, I can’t sleep because of it and be bad through tomorrow morning but easing gradually back to normal about 3pm…

im not busy until the afternoon but the morning methinks will have to be a sleepathon the way things are going.. wait, it is the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,511 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Have you not been watching Irish TV adverts for the last year or so?

Not really. Though it's probably the same ads . Black man, white woman. Always.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Thanks Molly, I got a great laugh from this post this morning, I need something to cheer me up 😅

This morning's TA was a gate in my local GAA club that was rattling incessantly in the wind. I felt sorry for the people living across from it that had to listen to the noise. Also there's a faulty street light close to my bus stop that's been blinking on and off since last week. Fingal County Council obviously still haven't gotten around to sorting it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Crank arm of my bike loosened and came off on my way to work. My preferred bike repair shop is shut on a Monday so I contacted the other shop (there are only two that operate here).

Your man told me, without offering to look at it, that because I bought it in Halfords, I have to bring it to Halfords in Carlow. I'm in Kilkenny you absolute weapon.....

He didn't even want to be on the phone by the sounds of it, and I'm apparently not the only one who has had this issue with him. Other people have said a similar thing where their service was just refused without so much as an offer to look at the bike. From what I can see it looks like it just needs to be screwed on.

What kind of bike repair shop repairs certain bikes? That's like a car mechanic telling someone to go to a Ford garage because he doesn't repair Fords. I don't get it....

Raging now that I have to spend a fortune on taxis to get around today and tomorrow.

Update: He rang me about 2 hours later giving out that I left him a bad review on Google, saying that he doesn't have the correct parts. It literally needs to be screwed on, I don't have the correct crank handle. He told me to take the review down but I said no, I'll be leaving it up.

Trying to bend the reviews and feedback to his liking so that nobody can say a bad thing about him is next-level desperation. A bike repair shop unable to screw on a crank arm because it came from Halford's. It's a **** bike for Christ's sake. A normal, every-day mountain bike. What's so different about it that you can't screw on a **** crank arm?

Update 2: He sent me a text "Hi Dave [shop name] here if you source the part yourself we will fit it for free can you take down your post please."

I'm honestly.... Wow...

Post edited by Gamer Bhoy 89 on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

So my fence came down on Friday and the bay window in my bedroom sprang a leak yesterday. That's an expensive run of weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Half doing an assessment for uni, so am in and out of all kinds of sections on their site for days now.

Today when I'm tired and stressed they start forcing me to input a code to open each section each visit.

Freaking waste of time and the constant beep of the phone is also annoying me.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

Any time someone talks about using 'sticks and carrots'

I'm not a horse thanks.

Post edited by growleaves on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

My girlfriend is on a diet. That probably sums it up, but maybe some detail will entertain those in similar circumstances.

She basically doesn’t eat until she turns into some ravenous and deranged lunatic and then eats whatever she sees, and doesn’t stop until it’s gone.

I now have to cook portion sizes because she will literally eat until nothing is left. And then she complains that it’s my fault that she ate too much and isn’t losing weight.

I will never understand people.

I'm finding raw celery is great for demising chocolate cravings, as I'm not doing a big shop currently I had no choice but to buy the celery that was available locally. A bit more expensive than the bigger supermarket but organic, no flavour at all, let alone the celery flavour I need.

Ta, I pay over the odds for a product that isn't worth it.

Also freaking PESTLE analysis😡

OMFG. Spent 2 years waiting for the Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbot show, I think it's been postponed maybe 4 times at this point?

Last night we booked a trip away for the first weekend in June.

This morning I get an email that the gig is finally going ahead. The 4th June. 🤬

• Advertisement

Not trivial but annoying!

The constant coverage of the Russian/Ukraine conflict, of course I understand the and potential significance consequences but there isn't a site/news bulletin/paper that isn't screaming worst case scenarios currently.

Not a single thing I can do one way or another, if I see warships outside my office windows I'll find a way to resist but for now,

Just freaking stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Wedding invite from a second cousin I haven't seen/ spoken to since 1998. I'm not going as I've no relationship with them so I'm sending a polite no and have a lovely day in my RSVP.

My mum is going and is in contact with this cousin and the extended family (my mum is a grand aunt) and expects me to cough up for a gift even though I'm not even getting a dinner out of it.

Fcuk that I say. World war 3 is not in the Ukraine, it's right here....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I'm going to that, I had a ticket for the Killarney show. Maybe this belongs in the trivial happy things thread but getting Deacon blue into the bargain :) ! I had been looking forward to a weekend in Killarney around it though. Some hillwalking and pints and a gig was going to be a great few days.

I'm in Belfast but it sold out before I could nab a ticket so I was going to the Galway show with my husband and we were going to make a nice weekend away out of it. Fcuking raging now.

Deacon Blue and half of The Beautiful South!.. enjoy the show folks 😊

can't think of a TA atm

"I had thought about getting you a present, but then I remembered: it's the thought that counts."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Some bike shops don't like to work on halford bikes because they can be a pain. The gear systems on the cheaper bikes are crap to be honest so can't blame them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,828 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

The one night I forget to put the car into the garage it snows, I absolutely hate snow with a passion!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

The fuss over the covid virus is the same fuss Ireland makes over 1cm of snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Posters spouting absolute nonsense.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement