Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭fe12022

I was planning on leaving it out because it is so long. But I have noticed that in examiner reports it has been commented on how badly it is often answered? Which may be an indication that they will examine it again? I also read on fe1stopshop Instagram page that a girl had been to a seminar given by the new(ish) examiner and he said he was planning on examining a wide breadth of topics because he doesn't like people cutting down on topics and leaving full topics out. That being said, I don't have time to change any of my topics or do anymore so I am just hoping for the best and studying 8 topics 😳

• Registered Users Posts: 22 shadow2000

for tort, in a question involving public authority liability - how do you know whether to refer to cases in the negligence chapter (re their operational activities) or the stand alone public authority chapter?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭AA247

Just putting it out there again, if anyone has copy of examiner reports from March and October 2020, would be very grateful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 fe1taker1998

Has anyone any experience with the Tort Lecturer and what he is like as a marker?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Pc_law

Would anyone have the examiners report for property for Oct 2021? Thanks a mil!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭murray132

I spoke with the law society today and they haven’t been released yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭murray132

Has anybody any tips for equity or criminal ? TIA

Oh okay thank you!

Would anyone have a rough idea what questions were on what topics for property in Oct 2021? Thanks a mil!!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Law101

Constitution

I’m thinking about leaving out constitution interpretation and going for AG & President question. Think it might be due a run?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 KingofTheFE1s

Hey folks, finished up last sitting but only getting around to posting now. Iv a Constitutional and EU manual to give away. I also have examiners reports for those two and Contract. Theyr a few years old now so not looking for money for them. If someone wants them shoot me a message. Not posting them so if someone wants them theyd have to collect. Im based in D1. Not posting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭SamWFE1

He's fairly sound IMO. I sat i October and I had 4 fairly good answers but made a balls of one and answered on NS when the answer should have been on IIES. Still passed comfortably with 59. I remember someone else on here before the last sitting saying they had a similar situation and passed too. One of the fairer examiners I think.

does anyone know if we will have a practice online exam or if they’ll send out emails on how to download the software etc?

Yeah I agree with the above. His papers can be tricky, but he is generous with marks, so I wouldn't get too bogged down if you're confused by some of the questions. Like that, I only knew 4 topics on the paper and some of the questions were hard. Had to answer a 5th question on product liability which I hadn't studied at all. I literally wrote 3/4 of a page on duty of care etc. and what I thought was common sense not law or any way backed up by same, and I got 8/20 for that miserable attempt. Got me over the line with 52%!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 StrugglingLawStudent

had him in college and sat the tort paper last year. have to agree with others, he's actually one of the fairer ones I think. Answered 3 questions well and 2 fairly short 700ish word ones and still got 59. Good spread of questions on the paper and its not shocking hard to predict.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭fe12022

1. Adverse Possession
    2. Easements by Prescription
    3. Business Tenancy- Landlord and Tenant Act 1980
    4. Essay question on Indirect Contributions to purchase of house by non-owning spouse OR Strengthened protection given to house mortgagors by LCLRA 2009.
    5. Principles of Construction of Wills
    6. Severance of Joint Tenancy in Equity and Law OR Unlawful Killing of One Joint Tenant by another
    7. S.117 Succession Act

They were all essays

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭SamWFE1

Does anyone know if when you're tabbing your legislation with index markers if you're allowed to write the section on each marker? Or do they have to be completely blank as well? TIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jigglypuff349

Company or tort predictions? TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭vkfe1

Totally agree - he's a very nice marker. I wrote a whole Causation question on the Duty of Care and still came out with 56%. Genuinely laughed when i saw that i passed it. Best of luck - you'll be fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭vkfe1

EQUITY:

Hi All. Would love opinions on whether i'll have enough topics to get 5 questions on the Equity Exam:

• 3 C's
    • Strong V Bird (Note)
    • DMC
    • CPT and Cy Pres - NCPT as a Note
    • Trusteeship (Duties of a Trustee)
    • Quia Timet Injunction
    • Mareva Injunction
    • Undue Influence
    • Proprietary Estoppel
    • Satisfaction (Note)

Mandatory Interlocutory was examined last sitting - am i mad to leave it out or.....? Any advice on replacements / additions would be great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 SFarrepl

What are people covering for Criminal? anyone think its safe to leave out property offences?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Dancing Obsession

Hi everyone, I would like to encourage you to watch my video about FE1 Exams, Contract Law, Auctions and Tenders. Enjoy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 StrugglingLawStudent

i just checked my emails from the october sitting and the practice exam could be accessed from the 23rd to 27th of September and i think my first one was the 5th of october so id say it will probably be the first week of march before we hear more. open to correction though if anyone has been in contact!

What are people covering for Company or leaving out?

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fe1ki5

I'm not wholly sure what to leave out but hoping to cover:-

Directors duties

Restriction

shareholders rights/remedies/oppression

SLP/Incorporation

winding up

corporate borrowing/charges

and maybe corporate authority/ governance

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Lawkp

S.31 Contract

Corporate veil/ SEE

Authority of Corporate Agents

Ultra Vires

Director's duties

Restriction

Borrowing

Receivership

Examinership

Winding up

Striking off and Restoration

is there anything else that people think is a must for company?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 legallywrecked

As far as I know nothing can be written on... not 100% sure but I'd stick with the unmarked tabs and highlighting just in case. You could colour code the tabs based on topic to make it easier to find them in the rush of the exam?

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fe1ki5

I would say that Examinership and Receivership wouldn't be all that necessary.

SLP should probably be added

As should Shares

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭coffeeandlaw

Hey guys, I heard back from the LawSoc.

They are fusing PPC1/2 together from September 2022. It will now be from Sep - July. They sent me a brochure if anyone is interested (attached)

Advertisement