Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

As far as I am aware, most of the Russian army is made up conscripts. And a large number of them don't want to be there. They will be slaughtered too and for what and whom? A sickening waste of time, life, and other resources.

Having his golden shower filmed in the Ritz Carlton Moscow

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Large number of Russian tanks heading towards the Ukrainian port of Maripol ,last time Russia moved on maripol they couldn't break the Azoz batillion along with other's who held off everything Russia thew at them ,

I hope they have a large supply of Javelin missiles in maripol

The majority of their military is made up of conscripts , but over the last 10 years they built a vanguard force of 80,000 professional and well equipped soldiers who would do any initial fighting before leaving the conscripts to hold ground as they move forward to another target

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,876 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Finland still has national service to ensure that they have a trained reserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭timmyntc

The only question was whether Trump was working at Putin's behest on a quid pro quo basis or if he was just easy to manipulate to the will of Russia.

Again, conspiracy theory forum -->

Trump gave record amounts of weapons to the Ukrainians, why would he do this if he wanted to destabilize them and give their territory to Russia?

Serious derangement here going on, next thing you know Trump will have been undermining Taiwan and Hong Kong all along. And he's also responsible for climate change!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭circadian

The Trump Whitehouse withheld over $400 million in military aid and instead sold them 150 missiles and two Javelin launchers for $39 million.

Jesus, read the finer details.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,907 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I really don't think it takes a rocket scientist to understand that it suits Putin absolutely no end in a long game to continually disrupt democratic presidents and promote less chaos when republicans are in because he has various GOP bought and paid for.

I mean a child could figure this out in less than five minutes. But you need a diagram it seems...

He's weakening the US. It's not a hard strategy to see.

Don’t know if it will be of any use but here’s a live webcam from somewhere in Mariupol. Nothing happening on it but there’s decent enough background music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭circadian

I'm conflicted about the ignore here. It could lead to a mountain of lies going unchallenged and casual users falling into the trap or it could actually just make it all better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,969 ✭✭✭Christy42

I am not sure he knew what Ukraine was but we do have his statements supporting Putin and fighting against the sanctions for the Crimea invasion.

I am not convinced that Trump was working for Russia. To begin with I don't think he could have kept it quiet. However he was generally a weak leader who was largely abused for political points in every 1 on 1 meeting he had including a private meeting with Putin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Economics101

One reason why Putin may not have tried anything drastic during the Trump years was the sheer unpredictability of Trump. I think that in many US circles there were fears about the likes of Trump having his finger on the big red button.

At least there is a rational administration in Washington now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭victor8600

Exactly. However, in my opinion, Putin is not going to attack just yet. He got what he wanted for now, that is the separatist regions are now under direct Russian military control. Next they are going to clean up the administration in these regions to put obedient, non-rebellious apparatchiks instead of current separatist leaders.

There is no need to capture the whole of Ukraine, that is indeed counter-productive for Putin. What to do with all these millions of Ukrainians who may not see Putin as their chosen messiah? It is much better for Putin to stick a knife into the underbelly of Ukraine and keep it there, that means that a) Ukraine cannot even think about taking back Crimea, b) Ukraine don't have a chance in joining NATO or EU, c) Makes Putin look like a strong leader while Russian economy crumbles to pieces.

For a few weeks we've had posters repeating day after day that there will be. No invasion it's all Bidens propaganda to boost his rating at home ,this was total BS ,

Putin wants the whole of Ukraine ,he doesn't give a **** about the people of Ukraine ,why do you think he's deployed public order and police forces to the border of Ukraine ,he's going to wipe Ukrainian cities off the map and install his puppet areas as the new Ukrainian capital ,they will have all the power over the people of Ukraine and the Russians to do their fighting.

Putin is going to invade and smash ukraine he's already gone beyond the last chance of diplomatic solutions he wants war ,

Nope, keep the pressure on democratic rational governments and make them out to be war hawks or what ever the internet has been fed recently it plays right into his nato disruption. Have trump come in and throw flames into the EU and nato relationships.

It's so obvious it's ridiculous. He doesn't need to start anything during trump years as he's creating the chaos for him.

Overall the US becomes increasingly less strong and internally broken. The divisions within the parties now are exactly what Putin wants. A long war of misinformation and spending money through 3rd parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,096 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

I had completely forgotten about the Ignore feature. Is there a way to do that if their profile is inaccessible?

Either way when you have a President saying they will leave NATO if they don't get their way then why should Russia push and take risks when the opposition is willing to shoot themselves in the foot.

Absolutely this. Putin waited but Donny failed to deliver, not from any sense of responsibility but simply because he was even dumber than the Russians accounted for and managed to completely fyuck up getting a 2nd term in office.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭jolivmmx

Tucker Carlson makes me sick. Let them live in Russia and see how great the un”woke” culture is there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Shao Kahn

It sounds more like YOU want a war... you're practically foaming at the mouth with some of your posts.

And it's very strange too, because you have been maintaining all along that Russia have no power anymore. You have been laughing at them and ridiculing their current status in the world.

If Russia are so weak, then why are so many of you guys spreading so much fear about what they might do? Even going so far as to compare them to the Nazis, about to take over the world? Ridiculous nonsense tbh. lol

Doesn't sound like the sort of rhetoric you might expect towards a weak former world power?

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives, and it puts itself into our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." (John Wayne)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭jmreire

The slaughter is not going to be a one sided affair by any means, and that's for sure!!! Check out what happened Russia in Afghanistan and Chechnya., even with the most basic of weapons, even primitive mines and IED's work very well. To the present day, Afghanistan is a tank and armour graveyard.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,656 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

UK looking to take RT off the air there by all accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

yes but it wont work as Putin has gone full tonto and has no friends left

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭timmyntc

For a few weeks we've had posters like yourself spewing lies about how the end of the world is nigh and Putin is going to invade murder and capture all of Ukraine up to the Dnieper if not beyond. Plenty of doomsday "today is the day" type crap out of you too, and yet it never materializes. So far we've got Putin recognising the separatist regions that have been in civil war for almost a decade - a full scale invasion of Ukraine it is not.

And to be honest from the way you and others post about the prospect of war it seems like you all are eager to see NATO and Russia going toe to toe, sure who cares about the lives lost, I get to see my team win against the baddies.

There will be no nukes dropped, there will be no NATO response, there will still be a Ukraine. The same posturing and political alliances will veto any intervention at the UN, and China will back Russia to the hilt deterring any US or NATO response other than sanctions.

Spewing lies , check your own posts so .

Everything I said would happen over the last 8 + years in Ukraine has is happened and is still happening ,

Meanwhile a bunch of useful idiots telling us it's all lies , there is No Russian troops surrounding ukraine , Putin isn't going invade , Biden wants a war .

Lies ,all the lies have come from a small number of posters and still lieing now .

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Shao Kahn

So let me get this straight.

Ukraine should front up militarily to a far superior force, knowing their odds are hopeless... get slaughtered in conventional warfare... and THEN fall back into a guerilla campaign?

In the process losing many of their best and bravest soldiers, before the real long war even begins?

If you know you're the underdog from the start, why not just skip the first part and go straight for the insurgency and save your best guys for the real fight?

I'm all for being brave in the defense of your nation, but I don't see why that should involve sending well trained men to a certain death for no good reason?

Anyway, I'm still not really convinced we are going to see a full scale invasion of the country. I consider Putin to be a very clever cookie, and I just don't see how that strategy would be an intelligent choice. (for a number of reasons)

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives, and it puts itself into our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." (John Wayne)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,656 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I meant they shouldn't "front up". Not that they should a attempt a conventional defence. Should have been clearer.

Your gas.

But very very very unoriginal. Theres nothing edgy or different in your input. You are not giving anything outside of the main stream. In fact it could be argued your takes are now main stream.

Russia good. Western world bad.... Zzzzss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,038 ✭✭✭✭rob316

You do know he doesn't have sole control of nuclear weapons? They don't give the control to one single person.

This commentary that "he's got nukes" its so low bar, we are so far away from anything like that. There is no winner in a nuclear war, all sides know that. Let's get to the point of the russian's engaging the NATO forces (if that ever happens) before we even talk of "nukes"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement