Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

I dont give a **** about either of em, I suppose I’m just highlighting that it’s irrelevant and would rather the Thread doesn’t become all about us elections 😀

putin is a proud macho man and he has already started the shitstorm …he isn’t goin to back down and show weakness anytime too soon .. the only hope I’d say of avoiding war at this stage is if the west gave in to some of his requests to keep him happy for the moment…not make him look like as much a loser … that’s very unlikely though … could they promise for Ukraine not to join nato in the next 10 years keep him happy ?? Tell him it be reviewed then…

anyone see “Munich the edge of war “ film recently ? Seen it afew weeks ago and couldn’t help but feel this is similar … history repeating itself

• Registered Users Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭timmyntc

Where do you get Russia good out of that?

Are you aware there are more than 2 opinions? It's not simply a case of either you agree with everything I say or you are in the other camp that likes all the things I hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,387 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

BBC reporting that a massive cyber attack has started on Ukranian Government institutions, apparently this was expected immediately before the launch of a major offensive.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭jmreire

Timmy having some experience in war situations myself, I'd much prefer Gatlings assessment than yours,,,,, ( and that's not meant to be a personal dig or anything at you BTW.) And Putin has already threatened to use nuclear weapons if he needs to.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Shao Kahn

Don't forget, they've all turned themselves into their own worst nightmare too: a bunch of rabid conspiracy theorists!

PutinBots, I see PutinBots everywhere !! Everyone's a PutinBot...

Starts to completely lose any real meaning after a while.

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives, and it puts itself into our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." (John Wayne)

• Advertisement

Threats to use nuclear weapons are not the same as use of nuclear weapons. Nuclear weapons are nothing more than a deterrent that stops other nuclear powers from fighting each other, because the risk of all out nuclear warfare is too great, and nobody wins.

The west will put economic sanctions on Russia, Russia will accept this and carry on in Donbas since they are now a net food exporter (thanks to last round of sanctions they are now largely self-sufficient). China will back Russia too against the west (https://www.businessinsider.in/politics/world/news/china-state-media-editor-says-beijing-must-back-russia-over-ukraine-so-it-gets-support-when-it-fights-for-taiwan/articleshow/89775014.cms), so the west will not even consider attacking Russia or pursuing regime change in Russia because Putin has China's backing essentially.

The rest of the world will suffer from increased energy prices, Ukrainians will suffer as a proxy force used to engage the Russians, arms dealers will profit. Thats about the height of it. There is no world war 3 coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,037 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Spot on. Countries have nuclear arsenals for security against other nuclear powers and rogue states. It is game over for the world if even one is used.

People throw around nuke comments like its just one push of a button, do they even understand the gravity of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,096 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

If that meeting of his security council 2 days ago is anything to go by I suspect that that power, along with all other powers in Russia really is centralised in just one person's hands.

Having said that I'm not particularly worried that he's going to be firing any nukes at anyone any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

The problem the Ukrainian army has in the east is if the Russian army invades even more is from its jump off points is that they will be caught in a pincer movement from the get go. Russian forces from Russia proper, North from Belarus and south from Crimea. Your surrounded pretty fast and then smashed from the air. The Ukrainian forces there will be cut off fast enough and encircled and bombed to bits. Ukrainian forces in the west of the country will have a better time of it for sure at the beginning as it will be the forces in the east and north who are caught in the pincer movement that will face the biggest onslaught.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,280 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Reading this thread from the start is quite depressing, in the delusions on display. Where now Klaz and Sand?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

word is the abkhazia, south ossetia and transnistria are about to recognise donetsk and luhansk as independent

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 18,037 ✭✭✭✭rob316

A pre-recorded display, designed to shock. Putin is a master of propaganda.

Lets rewind back a bit, what has he actually done so far? He's legitimized 2 separatist regions. Regions the Ukranian government says are "temporarily occupied" - nearly 10 years that's going on btw.

Let's see what his next move is before getting too excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 casheltipp

I've reported user "Shao Kahn" for providing a lot of False Information on this board.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭firemansam4

Ahh ffs your posts are full of BS.

Ukraine has been invaded by Russia, their are no ifs or buts about it, and if Russia pushes further in you think the Ukraine are just fighting some proxy war against the Russians? for the west?

They will be fighting for the survival of their own country and democracy.

Seriously the mental gymnastics being thrown around in this thread is something else.

He hasn't legitimized anything, he has declared areas in another sovereign country as independent and then has sent in troops to ocupy them. How about telling the facts as they are instead of spin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Polar101

When Putin mentions Ukraine isn't a real country.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Shao Kahn

Report away.

I've done nothing wrong, other than expressing opinions that you don't like. (which I guess has become a crime in the western world these days)

Perhaps I should report all the people erroneously labeling people as "PutinBots" with zero evidence to back up their assertions?

Only I'm not petty enough to do that.

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives, and it puts itself into our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." (John Wayne)

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Gary kk

Sorry but like just thinking out loud, but do sanctions only work if the never played to go to war? I mean surly sanctions mean nothing if war was on the books anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,907 ✭✭✭✭listermint

EU sanctions in place!

More to come no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

• Advertisement

The Russian playbook is from the 1930s, the rest of the world got the updates, bad internet or wifi?

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Polar101

Interesting how there are sanctions against several individual Russians, but not mr. Putin himself - apparently this is so that the option for diplomacy can be kept in place. If the invasion moves beyond its current stage, then you'd expect to see sanctions against Putin as well.

You have made many outlandish claims and called posters like me fantasists for not believing you.

Then several posters including me asked you to provide proof or a source to your claims, you never backed anything up and just go on a rant about everyone else being wrong again.

I actually have just avoided most your posts since then because its just not worth engaging with you.

Russian ambassador to the UN just accused Ukraine of murdering journalists.

It's hard to hold any discourse with a regime who have such little shame.

How is it not a proxy war for the west? They cant put their own troops in Ukraine and engage the Russians lest they risk a conflict involving their own countries too - so all they will do is funnel arms to Ukraine and use them as a proxy.

To the Ukrainians themselves its not a proxy war, well duh. Same applies to every proxy war - the force doing the fighting dont see it as a proxy themselves. Proxy war is a perspective term.

i think its incredulous how the lunacy of Putin is mirrored by anybody associated with Russia, its like a blanket blindness, surely they can't all be purged if they speak out together against Russia's latest military adventure

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 7,096 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

For some reason I went back to the first page of this thread - just to see when and how it all started.

Spotted this post there - I don't think that that's aged well!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,709 ✭✭✭✭briany

Very strong words from the Russian ambassador, there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,653 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Whereas journalists and political opponents just have unfortunate accidents in mother Russia...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement