Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic Solar PV Quotes 2022 - No PM requests - See Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Understandable if that is the case. You could always just apply for planning though? Then you could go as big as you like.

Grass isn't always greener in UK however. The NC6 process here is so simple. Many in UK are limited to 3.6kW inverters (16A) because the process to get approval from your local DNO is so arduous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

I think if your nutcase neighbor was to complain to the council.....they'd laugh at him. (and rightly so)

Planning Permission for Solar Panels in Ireland - Ireland's Trusted Solar Experts (energyd.ie)

Ultimately it's a question about what your comfortable with. Me? I wouldn't give a MONKEYS about what some lunatic neighbor was to do and crack on. You know the situation you have better than I, but not a snowballs chance in hell that you'd be forced to remove them. There was a case brought forward from a woman in Limerick there last year. Judge upheld and set a precedence that the panels could stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Deagol

Hey, I'm not the nutter - you are!

😋 😋

Joke....

I'd not worry about the nutter next door, put up your panels and let him waste money / time complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,328 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Bloody hell people, no naming suppliers. Even the sh*t ones.

@Gorteen that price is an abomination. I've edited out the company name and reposted for the benefit of others.

I'm going back now to remove the posts with the name of the company and links to their YouTube page etc.

Also for everyone, if you're grumpy about people asking the same info over and over, skim on by. Do not be rude to the people asking the questions.

Nice one DrPhilG.

I was going to say that too - but thought I wouldn't draw attention to it. Seriously as much as it is somewhat annoying, and the fact that it would seem to be doing a "community service" it's a real slippery slope when you start going down calling out suppliers (and this is both bad -AND- good too!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

BD... Any chance of a page on the spreadsheet for listing these "super cheap" offers. 😂

A quick name price size of system though I'm not sure people would other filling it in.

We sort of have it already on the first page SouthWesterly. No?

The details of the installations are all there (Kwp size, battery size, etc) along with the price and the supplier name. Anyone who is interested can simply look there and get the names of companies who've delivered good value in the past to people.

I think it's great that we do this. We save people (literally) €1000's off their installations - but while I'm not a mod or anyway affiliated with Boards, I think it's right to have concerns about recommending suppliers publicly. I'm just waiting for the first bad installation from "the Enniskillen boys" (and it will happen :-) or when someone has a negative experience from Solar as a Service and the slagging match ensues :-) LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

Jesus the Enniskillen Lads is a brand name at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

I sent him a screenshot of that 19k quote the other day. He couldn't believe it. Said that he must be working for nothing at that rate.

Still mad busy. Good to hear that anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭con747

Enniskillen lads finished up today, 12 panels 5kw battery and Eddi, thanks to all here for the guidance. My quote was posted back on this thread, post number #675

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Dalmighty

Hi got a quote below today 9000inc vat after grant

What are peoples taughts? also can somebody DM me the Enniskillen lads details please..

1. 14 X Peimar Photovoltaic Monocrystalline solar panels totalling 5.3 kWp.
    2. 1 X Solis 5G Series Hybrid Inverter
    3. All instal costs, BER report to be commissioned after the system is fitted,
    4. 30 performance warrantee on the panels, Full Product Warranty and After Sales Service.

Can someone just rename this the ENNISKILLEN LADS QUOTE REFERANCE PORTAL 2022.

Ya might as well post the details of the company at this stage.

Of course, they aren't the only ones out there Maulbrook. When I PM people, I normally give the guys that I used personally along with the aforementioned crew from the north. Leave it up to people to do their own chasing. If it's a lower spec installation that's needed, I also give the solar as a service crew as they are hard to beat even with the price hikes a few months ago.

When you think through it, if you did post the details ..... it could be construed as "boards endorses xxxx".

Not what you want really......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

And…. Could someone DM me the Enniskillen contact too please? Anyone else with a good experience I’d welcome that contact too, thanks.

Thats over by at least €3000. If you are not planning on getting a battery then you could drop the Hybrid inverter and go for a standard inverter at a lower cost.

DM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭The devils

Thats great stuff - where you based con - hope fully not too long before they hit Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭cpb

If you could forward them on to me as well I would appreciate it, Thanks

Can't send you messages. Dm me and I will send you a supplier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭con747

Just south of Kinnegad, good luck with your's.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tulla01

Could someone dm me the Enniskillen lads contact details and any other recommendations for companies for the Midlands. Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 3 smeggycat

just looking for quotes and have started to contact the top google results

any companies that I should reach out to? Limerick area installation

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sarah1ie

Question for anyone who has received the grant for solar panels.

Did you have to get your BER re-assessed post solar panel install?

I have heard that if your BER rating is in the system and already meets the minimum requirements, you don't have to get it re-assed. I don't know if this is true or not. We are getting solar panels next week. I have checked my grant application. It has a list of what I need to submit after they are installed. It doesn't mention the BER rating.

Just curious if anyone has not had to get their BER re-assessed.

The regulations changed there recently Sarah. Not sure the new regs are "in play" yet, but the old regulations were that you had to move to at least "C3" post installation. I got my installation in late '21 and had the BER assesment there 2 weeks ago. Dunno what the value is yet, but I'm not too concerned, I also put on a 2nd lagging jacket on the immersion, zoned the heating system and installed LED since the BER was last done 10 years ago, so I should be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 carrollfc

Hi, building a house in Kerry in June and was hoping somebody could send on the contact details for the "Eniskillen lads"? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

Sent there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭oraiste

Just wanted to offer thanks to this forum and for the knowledged shared as I prevented my elderly father being stung out of €10k (€12.4k - €2.4k rebate) today where a company8 had him signed up (yesterday) to provide a system only 4KW pv system+eddi+invertor...... no battery included - for the pricely cost of €10k. He had already handed over 2.5k deposit (becuase the 'deal wouldnt last!')and signed contracts. We cancelled cheque and wrote them a letter of cancellation (thankfully allowed within the terms of contract). In the process of getting 3 other quotes and already have a much better and cheaper proposal from Enniskillen company

Another satisfied "customer" - nice one (and thanks for the feedback)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭oraiste

I have the following quotation:

16 PANELS 370 WATT 5.92 KW JA SOLAR

5KW HYBRID SOLIS INVERTER.

5 KW PURE DRIVE BATTERY

EDDIE WATER DIVERTER

WIFI

TOTAL PRICE 9100 EUROS (INCLUDES GRANT REBATE)

My general question is if I were to increase the PV solar capacity (at cost of €1k per KW), does it make sense to have a bigger battery in order to harness the excess? i.e. if I went to 8KW or 10KW of PVs, should I be looking at increasing the battery size too (would cost further 2.5k to upgrade from 5kw to 10 kw battery?

Any advice would appreciated

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement