Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,716 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Who doesn't want it discussed?

It is being used to deflect mike, that's the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

You seem confused or are acting confused.

It was said you couldn't compare the old and PIRA because they didn't have a mandate. Neither did. There was no mandate for the rising and none for partition.

You must have watched an edited clip. See below.

Who mentions the past first in an answer completely unrelated to the question asked.

The discussion was housing. MLMD nailed it and brought up FF's crooked past in housing. MM used the troubles and rape as a response. Nasty man.

That's just dismissive invective to avoid answering a question. Sounds familiar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭mikethecop

you not being incapable of understanding does not make me confused , it a discussion so try and keep up "mo Chara"

its been asked and answered

you clearly dont want it discussed francie

the fact that it is still an issue is what you are trying to deflect from,

and the "party" trying shamelessly to rewrite history show how big an issue

clear enough for you ?

More lies. I have been 'discussing' the conflict since I joined this site.

The current debate is the conflict and all it's victims being yet again used to deflect from a current housing crisis. A Taoiseach and government unable to answer for their actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Are you going for a record Francie?

Wrong again. MLD brought up the past of FF first and MM responded.

I am not sure if you are genuinely confused or being deliberately mendacious.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

that is not true francie ,

you persistently claim its not relevant to psf, and make some weak deflection to the 1920s or gov partys

you also claim again and again that the victims of sfira who never received justice and the disappeared are only used to hurt sfira by gov shills , any mention of the above brings this reaction.

youve been caught in another lie , again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Billcarson

I loved paddy Rochfords view on MLM covering up for rapists according to MM ,quote below....

This scumbag Micheal Martin accused Mary Lou McDonald of corruption, he said she covered up for rapists, as if any rapist would even tell his closest friend that he raped some little girl or boy down the road, Jesus just think about it, didn't Fianna Fail cover up the murder of a little Donegal girl, didn't they do everything in their rotten corrupt power to cover up for the dirt bag of yer man in Waterford, who raped little boys, and by God that is not all. They have spent the past 100 years doing dirty tricks, and teaching the newcomers to the party how to get away with the dirtiest tricks that even the worst criminals wouldn't inflict on their targets. What a red neck this man is, he can stoop lower than a Jack Russel. He sold his colleagues to get into bed with Leo Varadkar and Eamon Ryan, he didn't want to lead the country he just didn't want to be the only leader of FF not to become Taoiseach. Well, he made certain that he is the last leader of FF to become Taoiseach. 

Mary Lou and Sinn Fein are not my favourite cup of tea, but how can the leader of the country lay blame at her door for rapists and murders, Didn't FF and FG engage in the murder of their own colleagues. Haven't they in recent years forced dying women to crawl from their death beds to do legal battles in the High Court for compensation for the death sentence that was passed upon them by the greed of these two main parties. How can the women of Ireland vote for either of these parties ever again? 

Micheal Martin is a snivelling little arse wipe for the Europeans, but if you are Irish and you believe in a united Ireland, you automatically become his and FF enemy. You see Micheal Martin got into bed with the pro-British party FG he refused to even talk with other Republicans. He is the one who will go to Washington to celebrate St Patrick's day, he says he was invited but that is a lie, he was not invited he requested to visit the Whitehouse while he is on a visit to America, he is a liar, he is a crawler. It is hard to believe that I supported FF one time. 

Mary Lou McDonald raped no one, she murdered no one, she is not stupid to put the women of Ireland down, she knows better than anyone that is where her and Sinn Feins votes come from. None of us know what she will be like as Taoiseach we don't know what Sinn Fein will be like in government, but we all must be certain that they cannot as bad or as corrupt as Fianna Fail. Fianna Fail are the gangsters of Irish politics and MeHole is the Don. Oh yes that look below is for me. It is no wonder that the members of this present government are scared of people wanting to kill them, but I think most killers wouldn't waste a piece of lead on them. Go on now learn your Irish political history before you vote again don't leave too late like I did, but maybe I am not too late, maybe I can help change in Ireland well just a little bit.

That is complete and utter rubbish.

Where have I ever said it is not relevant to SF?

Go on, if I have said that, show me.

of course its dismissive , should i answer the same question for you guys over and over again ?

why would i answer a question that ive already answered anyway , just tell your mate to scroll back and read the links

why are you trying for a false narrative here , hardly a new tactic

na its not rubbish francie ,

you have established your personality here very well across many thread and all on one topic . if you dont like being called on it report me , i stand by it as true pretending to get thick has no effect on a internet msg board mo chara 😊

So show me where I ever said the conflict/war or the IRA was not 'relevant' to SF.

You won't do that, because you can't. Ergo, it was another lie.

i said victims , Paul Quinn Robert McCartney Joseph Rafferty etc etc etc , your trying to squirm out now by changing what I said and telling another lie .

here ya go francie just one for free

Sinn Fein Omerta - Page 13 — boards.ie - Now Ye're Talkin'

that search bar is handy

Here's what you said:

you persistently claim its not relevant to psf,

I have never said any of those victims were not relevant to SF, how could you deny that?

What I said was SF did not sanction or order their killing.

"you also claim again and again that the victims of sfira who never received justice and the disappeared are only used to hurt sfira by gov shills , any mention of the above brings this reaction."

if your gona quote me use the full quote

this is from the link i posted

"Who in SF denies what happened to Paul Quinn...and you only use Quinn and various other emotive selective victims when you wish to damage your boogeymen. "

caught in another one francie and thats just one example , i wont pander you and your co posters all night linking and re linking proof of yer deceptions

Now that I've clearly explained it more than once.

• Advertisement

He completely changed the subject and avoided discussing housing. I'm sure the public he represents were delighted he got in a strop and refused to address the housing issues affecting so many of them.

Exactly...Paul Quinn only comes up at election time in the Dáil...that in itself tells you all you need to know about the selective use of victims, there and here.

I.E. It is a legitimate criticism that can be backed up (Paul Quinn, dropped when election was over, Maria Cahill, dropped, victims of one side only used for political gain - disgusting, whoever does it) and NOT evidence of me 'persistently claiming it not relevant to psf'.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Doasisaynotwhatido

April Fools Day is a while away yet. Philip yet again getting Shinners a few more votes

Great you've choose to prove the point 🤣

Why dont you go ask the family's of some of those victims if t only matters at election time ?

Murder investigations stay open election for not, did you know that, ?

But the civil war parties aren't interested in victims unless they can use them. Ask the Stardust or mother and baby home victims. Decades trying to be heard.

It only 'matters' to politicians when they want political points.

Read the posts instead of making stuff up

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Doasisaynotwhatido

Micheal was at a event to remember the IRA at the weekend, does he not think of the familys of the victims

?

like i said at the start of your wee hissy fit

sf would love if its victims would stay hidden and quite , all the easier to try to re rewrite history with their lies

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I'm not sure what the confusion is here. The question was about housing, Mary Lou brought up a very recent FF action directly related to the housing crisis and Micheal Martin responded by bringing up IRA atrocities from a much longer time ago, which had nothing whatsoever to do with housing. That was the order in which this happened and that's why it's being widely ridiculed by more or less anyone who doesn't support SF (even some FG supporters I know have been privately snickering about Micheal's idiocy in debating this way, although I'd argue that their own leader is far worse for this type of thing)

Whataboutism is essentially when you debate in a way which changes the entire subject of the debate. Bringing up SF's record on housing as a rebuttal wouldn't have been whataboutism and would have been a good response. Bringing up the Troubles, which has nothing whatsoever to do with the current Irish housing crisis as a topic, is not only a crappy form of debating and a cop out, but also fundamentally a disservice to the Irish people, seeing as Leaders' Questions isn't just about the opposition getting answers to questions, but the viewing public as well.

Mary Lou asked Micheal a question directly relating to an FF housing policy during conversation specifically about housing. Micheal's response, from the point of view of the watching public for whom leaders' questions is partly about getting answers from elected representatives, told us absolutely nothing about FF's housing policy or the justifications thereof, and instead told us something we already knew - that SF is linked to the IRA and that the IRA did a lot of incredibly bad things - and which was in no way relevant to the subject under discussion.

If I was in court defending someone accused of assault and I responded to the allegation by pointing out that the plaintiff in the case had a totally irrelevant conviction for drink driving and refusing to answer the assault allegation, I'd lose the court case in a heartbeat. Substitute court case for election in this analogy, and that's what both Micheal and Leo are doing every time either of them deflects from a topical question about current policy by bringing up the IRA. The only cohort of voters it works on are those who are already voting FFG, but to anyone undecided, it comes across not only as arrogant, but much more seriously as a means for the current government to get out of being held accountable for their present-day policy, by evading questions on it in the central mechanism the opposition has for interrogating it.

I'm reminded, as I often am, of a Yes Minister quote - a TV producer suggests that the PM avoid attacking the opposition outright when asked a question about his own policy, and when the PM responds that those are the bits the party's supporters enjoy the most, the producer replies "well the party will vote for you anyway, but you'll make the floating voater see you as an evasive and divisive figure". Never a truer word spoken on the subject of politicians and public relations in my view. If you're in government and you're implementing unpopular policies, answering questions as to why and providing your justification for it is orders of magnitude smarter than attacking the person asking you the questions.

• Advertisement

again there seems to be a basic comprehension issue here with you bruice

what you just posted are two septate things neither of which are relevant to each other apart from your use of them in this outlandish comparison

here is the point again for clarity

"sf would love if its victims would stay hidden and quite , all the easier to try to re rewrite history with their lies"

Advertisement