Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,795 ✭✭✭micks_address

picked up an aawireless android auto dongle last night. Finally my cabled disconnects are a thing of the past. Tried various cables with no luck. Anyone recommend a good wireless charger for the car? I've see a few cupholder ones with auto clamping on the phone.. are they any use? iottie and the like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Can you give a brief review of it? I'd be keen to pick one up. Where did you get it? It's not something I'm familiar with.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,795 ✭✭✭micks_address

have a check on youtube.. i managed to pick one up from adverts.. you can still order from supplier but takes a few months..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Ravenholm

Managed to sell my white Bose headphones on Adverts over the weekend. Some amount of people selling them at the same time ! 😂

Now to find something decent to buy with that 75 euro voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭d0157063

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I've been using the Bose 700s, I got too curious with them sitting beside my desk all day. The main thing I like about them over my Sony XM3's is that they connect to both my phone and my laptop at the same time. Will probably gift them or the Sony to a sibling heading for Australia at this stage, the value seems to be mostly gone out of selling them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭MickH503

Is the Pixel 6/Pro working on the Eir 5G network yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,784 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

As far as I know you won’t get 5G :-(

I'm enjoying the phone so far unfortunately though Google seem to be taking their sweet time fixing two issues the first is an issue of not being able to use an external digital audio converter or DAC and the second is a bug with streaming music using Bluetooth LDAC in which it won't go above 660 kilobits per second and if you force 990 in the settings you get audible stuttering when the phones screen is on.

The above are probably very minor issues for most people but it's annoying when you want to plug in a DAC to use your good quality headphones and stream lossless music from Tidal or want to get the best quality possible from Bluetooth.

Oh and by the way just thought I would mention in case anyone doesn't know if you have a VPN and you change your location to Argentina you can sign up to the top tier of Tidal for roughly €1.20 per month or the normal price works out to somewhere in the region of €0.70. bit of a cost saving over the normal price in this country 😄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭pawrick

No and doesn't look like it will for this generation (or more) of pixel phones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,082 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

This may be more of a general Android phone question rather than a specific question about the pixel 6, but is it possible to use a USB splitter to charge the phone whilst having it connected to an external DAC?

That's of course when and if Google get round to fixing the issue with external DAC's

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Not good news!

Post edited by madmoe on

Sad to hear that :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

It's a guess, but I doubt it would work. You could use a wireless charging pad instead though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭TheRona

Are you still using Vodafone 5G on an eSIM? How are you getting it for €20/month? I can't see any 5G plan with Vodafone for less than €25/month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Is it still only VF supporting eSIM?

Anyone any insider info on eir supporting it soon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Three have it coming also

https://community.three.ie/t5/Ideas-Board/ESIM-Rollout/idi-p/772040/page/2#comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Ryath

It's just 4G Still have it activated as 2nd sim I have no credit on it at minute though. My 48 signal has improved a lot since the January update have 4G most of the time now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,238 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

What's Google's issue with DACs? I've been looking at several USB-C to Phono ones lately which also simultaneously charge, but realistically, as much as I'd like one, I don't need it as I've always used wireless anyway, even with phones with a phono connection.

Finally got shipping confirmation on my headphones, so it's going to end up around 120 days since approval before I get them. They had said they were going to switch me to QC45's with a voucher to speed up the process, but I haven't been sent a voucher, so I'm guessing it will be the 700's that I end up with.

Rolled back to the standard Android 12 ROM today, from the 12L beta. Was a bit of a pain having to do a wipe, but am also of the attitude that it's good to wipe my phone every now and then.

Main reasons were:

• Couldn't see any benefits in battery life/smoothness etc
    • Graphical glitch when swiping up for home and I could briefly see recent apps was a bit messy
    • Having to hold down on unlock instead of tap when using Smart Lock took away one of the main benefits of Smart Lock.
    • I use split screen a lot, and on Android 12 swiping along the bottom bar will switch the bottom app, while keeping the top app stuck to the top. I liked this behaviour, and was used to it. 12L Beta would swipe both apps away when switching with bottom swipe.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see if any of these 'features' filter through in one of the updates to the main ROM.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

It might be worth checking your Spam folder, if you haven't done so already.

Yeah, no emails in spam. My claim hasn't been updated on the site (still showing Nov 2021 as last update) and no text to say it's been shipped. Just 3 emails from Shipcloud in the space of about 12 hours.

I guess I'll know soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭wassie

One thing I noticed when wiping my phone is that I lost all photos from my locked folder and as far as I can see, they're not recoverable. I can live with the photos I lost, but this could be a major issue for someone who uses this feature to save important photos that they don't necessarily want to share.

Apparently you should move the photos out of the locked folder before wiping your phone if you don't want to lose them. Pretty stupid, if you ask me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

The point of that secure archive is that it's not backed up on the cloud. It says as much when setting it up.

Yeah, but there should be a major warning/reminder when wiping your phone. You could set it up months previous, and forget about it.

• Advertisement

Finally got my headphones today, one day short of 4 months since I was approved.

Ended up with black QC45's, but the box was battered. Crazy that they don't put it into any kind of extra packaging.

I also haven't received the voucher that I was supposed to get. What was the subject/sender for people who got the Google Store voucher?

Advertisement