Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

February 23rd/24th 2022: Snow and Wind Warning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Donegal Ken

Just drove from Sligo to Ballyshannon and heavy sleet, grapple and hail from outside of Sligo to whole way down. Road turning white towards Donegal. Can't attach video so will attach screen grab

Ballyshannon in South, Donegal around 1km/hr from the Finner station

• Registered Users Posts: 16,828 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

So it looks like the action really kicks off after midnight here. There are currently clear skies at the moment but no frost unfortunately, so hopefully when the showers come they will be exclusively of snow and stick straight away. We could have a decent covering in that scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,399 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Hail in Galway. It does feel 'snowy' but we need to lose a couple of degrees to hit the sweet spot I think.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Glengesh has a good covering of snow now, just seen a pic online.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Plenty of showers approaching, a few sferics along with those hail showers in Donegal now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭pauldry

Want out in Sligo for a walk and wind chill would cut you in 2. Its unfortunate how many of those showers are missing us. The direction of them ain't good for here. Galway Mayo and Donegal could do ok in places. Maybe Tubbercurry and Ballymote in Sligo as all the flakes will stick there. A couple of cms possible in these areas. Donegal could get 5cm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Gant21

Your house is probably 24 degree no wonder you found it cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭kegg

Hailstones in castlebar. Road etc is white.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

I have to say, I'm really surprised that even I'm getting frequent shower activity here in South Dublin. Shower rolls in every 10-20 mins or so!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭squarecircles

WHITE IN WESTPORT

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Still a mild 6c in Waterford, hit a peak of 12c around noon. Just 1 shower all day so pleasent enough by recent standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

A proper snow shower here now to the east of Castlebar. Falling on a foundation of hail and graupel that fell about 20 minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Hoping for a right flurry of snow in Castlebar tonight myself. Nothing in between will do.! Otherwise I'm on the road to work at 6am in the morning.😭

Current windchill (28 degrees colder than my house)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭littlema

Watching the lamppost here as gentle flakes fall in the dimm light.

South Sligo 152m asl.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Met Éireann aviation division not forecasting much in the way of snowy precip for Knock.

EIKN AD WRNG 03 VALID 240000/241200 SNOW FBL LESS THAN 1 CM FCST=

The heaviest showers are not really making much progress southeastwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

-11 in Dublin! Based on the windchill chart from pauldry

Brr!

If it were true 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 23,746 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Showers gathering now out west. Many areas will get at least a dusting overnight but the nature of showers is hit and miss of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭daydorunrun

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” Homer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭typhoony

Heavy shower of sleety/snow mix in South galway, I see in the radar a line of showers heading into galway bay, clarinbridge/oranmore is in the firing line into East of galway city

More than 50 percent of showers now have swung by Sw to NE with very little push SE bar the final part of the system around 5am. Then by 9am it will be 4c and rising so if anyone wants snow to play with get up at daybreak or before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

I think it's two stations, each -1, where the screen has placed one over part of the other so it looks like -11. My take anyway.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Yeah, right now it's hard to see any precipitation, of any kind, in Munster with the current angle of attack showing on the radar.

Now snowing, a dusting so far (sideways snow)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭bencarvosso

Was working all night in sligo and didn't see any snow at all, but since getting home at 11.30 and looking out the window it's starting to come down and sticking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Just rain here outside Newport. Heard a few hail pellets hit the window but only lasted a minute and nothing stuck. Not holding much hope this close to the coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,828 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

A dusting here too. Hopefully I wake up to a nice covering. It will more than likely be the last of this winter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Need to drive to galway in the morning.

I'm getting a vibe that it'll be grand

Advertisement