Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

And the four billion is irrelevant to the question asked. He was asked specifically about one very specific project on which the central government forced DCC to accept deals which involved selloffs of public land. Generic, generalised answers like this to specific questions are exactly what's wrong with FFG and exactly why so many people are sick of hearing what they have to say.

To give you an analogy, imagine this was a police interview.

Police: Did you steal the accused's wallet when you encountered him on Grafton Street today?

Accused: For many years now I have been a strong advocate against petty crime and in favour of better policing and better sentencing...

Police: *sighs* For f*ck's sake, did you steal this particular wallet today or not?

Accused: You're the last person who should be speaking to me about stealing things...

Look, you can justify and defend this kind of bullsh!t debating in the Dáil all you like, the opinion polls speak for themselves. People are tired of the bluster, they want politicians who speak directly to what they are asked and no more or less than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

It was a pile on, let's be honest. Around 6 SF tds jumping in to heckle, it's pathetic. Micheal Martin is a terrible speaker but the SF crowd are just as bad, the whole exchange makes the dail look like a schoolyard

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

Not true she mentioned ansbacher after Martin start disgracing himself.

MM using rape to dodge a housing question while ignoring the women of honour. He's a champ alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,716 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

If only he would answer the question asked. Eh?

I have seen people standing over Kenny deflecting in this way too...on we go.

Keep it up, it is doing wonders for my goal - the end of the power swap.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,412 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

They started an uprising and a civil war, with no mandate from the people.

They partitioned the country with no mandate from the people.

They carried out murders with no mandate from the people

Some of the biggest ahistorical rubbish I've seen in a long long time.

SF of 1918 variety got a democratic mandate from the people. The leaders of SF at the time knew and expressed openly to the people that if the British were not going to negotiate a peaceful withdrawal they would have to fight them for it. This was understood. It was also understood that the IRA at the time had to be quick about and certainly the people would not be on their side if they engaged in a long war. Hence why the war of independence was relatively short which culminated in the treaty, unlike the 30 years long grind that the PIRA were willing to do.

Partition was voted on in the Dail. News to me that stuff that gets legislated for in the Dail is now not democratic. NI rejoined the Union via a vote in Stormont.

You are really really showing off your lack of knowledge on the basics here. Maybe post less and read more.

• Advertisement

Ah yes, that myth!

The PIRA were really fighting for equality, not a UI.....

Laughable and ahistorical rubbish. But its suits an agenda alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Good luck, I hope you are ultimately rewarded for your many years of active service

How many TD's MLA's or MP's have the Real IRA elected?

:)

Wow, so the SF of 1918 had NO mandate....

Tell us all Brucie, how does that work? ROFL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

I’m disappointed that a poster who linked to the transcript of what was actually said is deliberately misrepresenting reality.

Sinn Fein and it’s supporters attempt to rewrite the history of the past 50 years and more on this island.

However attempting to rewrite what happened a few hours ago when there is a transcript of what was said and when is astonishing.

Mary Lou brought up the Galway tent etc FIRST. Those are the facts.

Here is the what she said before MM ever responded about SFs past.

“If ever there was a salutary tale and lesson of Fianna Fáil in government, the party of the Galway tent, brown envelopes and a cosy relationship with developers,”

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Advertisement

Didn't MLMD bring up the FF history of the Galway Tents and Ansbachur first though?

Why did she have to go back 20-30 years if the issue is purely about housing?

If she went low, then MM will follow. Its that simple.

They are the party of: the party of the Galway tent, brown envelopes and a cosy relationship with developers,”

Are you rewriting history? These people (and Martin was a member of the Dáil) drove the country of the cliff.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,423 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I knew it was a bad decision, I pm’d to say what I thought……

The last three or four pages have proved me right.

Why not just admit that Mary Lou brought up the past first instead of throwing a giddy fit when your own party’s corrupt past is brought up in response. Oh yes, SF and it’s supporters don’t apologise.

Because another party's past is irrelevant to the business of Leader's questions, which is about what the leader and his government is doing. jaysus,,this ain't rocket science.

Well Mary Lou shouldn’t have brought it up then.

FF's corrupt past being repeated is relevant to Leaders Questions, if there are sweet heart deals and blackmail going on that is current.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Well, FF, the Galway tent, brown envelopes and a cosy relationship with developers is very relevant bearing in mind that under FF's watch, the country was bankrupted in the very recent past.

As someone commented on twitter - the 'ra isn't the reason he can't buy a house! Martin needs to stop deflecting everything to the 'ra.

But instead of using her time to provide evidence of blackmail and corruption she goes for the usual Thik Tok strategy of bringing up Ansbacher (1971) and the Galway Tent (2007).

If Sinn Féin’s corrupt past is relevant in responding to current accusations then it is also relevant to the discussion.

Similarly if SF are criticizing the treatment of the women of honour as brought up by a previous poster then it is entirely legitimate to question Sinn Féin’s response to sex abuse, the former leaders hiding of his brother and also if, as Sinn Fein still claim IRA members were Oglaigh na hEireann, how their procedures in abuse cases compare with the procedures they are now criticizing.

She mentioned Ansbacher long after she asked about Devanny Gardens and Bartra. Did Micheál mention Bartra or Devanny Gardens once in his answer?

NO he didn't, he deflected and we got classic power swap antics in the Dáil.

• Advertisement

What was the point of mentioning Ansbacher.

Most commentators are pointing the fingers at MLMD here for going low. They are correct to do so.

What's the point of mentioning a conflict/war that is over for a quarter of a century?

Devanny Gardens and developer blackmail has all the hallmarks of the Galway tent, Ansbacher and 'old politics' and FF cosying up to developers...totally relevant to now. Whither Fine Gael who had plenty to say n the days of sham difference between the power swap???

Yet another lie Francie.

You really are on a role.

Read the transcript again, even slower this time and tell us if the Taoiseach mentioned O’ Devanney Gardens.

Maybe when you do you would have the courtesy to come back and apologise.

here is the Taoiseach’s response

“The O'Devaney Gardens project would have been built a long time ago if it was not for people playing politics with it. It is either the Sinn Féin way or the highway. We either build houses its way or we will never build houses. It will always be against any sort of mixed tenure approach, or an approach that involves a mixture of social, affordable and private housing. Dublin City Council would have been very involved with O'Devaney Gardens. The project goes back to 2015, “

The question for you Francie is will you admit you were wrong and apologise???????????????

He DID NOT answer the question he was asked about O'Devanny Gardens....FFS.

He just spun.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Yes, it’s a bit down the road from facilitating / covering for murderers and those guilty of various other crimes such as not reporting child sex offenders in their ranks and refusing to cooperate with investigations..Truthfulness and accountability are not words that we ever come to associate with Sinn Fein, that hasn’t changed, isn’t changing and won’t in the future.

the template of their horrendous legacy will continue…

In addition trying to hold others to account for supposed wrong doings when they won’t themselves and for wrong doings 1000000 worse than what’s being alleged by them ? That’s why SF won’t see a vote from me…

You didnt answer my question.

No point in debating if you are not honest.

There was a question in your post? Most questions are asked with one of these yokes...????

• Registered Users Posts: 7,356 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

What’s the point in mentioning a conflict/war that is over for a quarter of a century????

Ah now, can you not see the irony in what you just said as a SF supporter!!!!!!!!!!!

Did someone mention memorials!???

No surprise you didn’t apologise for your lie.

This is what you said, a direct quote

“Did Micheál mention Bartra or Devanny Gardens once in his answer? NO he didn't,”

You are a liar Francie. Plain and simple.

• Advertisement

What?

If Mary Lou as Taoiseach took Leaders questions and answered a question about current issues by saying...'You mention corruption, what about the corruption FF and FG introduced to this state with their civil war politics and glorifications of the people who killed innocents in that war...what would you be saying JJ?

You'd be the first on here complaining if your love affair with the power swap had ended. I stopped voting FG (I was born into a traditionally voting FF family but saw no reason why they could depend on my vote) when Enda promised 'new politics' and failed miserably to deliver(possibly the FG party should blame Enda most for their 20% in the polls)...he never intended to deliver, it was all part of the sham fight, the merger has illuminated that. These people want to hold onto power whatever it takes.

Advertisement