Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Five and a helo. However, kill claims are historically grossly over exaggerated, and I note they aren’t likely to advertise their own losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,814 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

There own planes probably never even made it off the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Shao Kahn

I'm not so sure about that.

He is known for being an extremely clever operator.

I can't imagine that he decided on this course of action, without very careful planning about all the possible permutations and outcomes. A guy like that doesn't just stumble his way into something like this, and then solve the resulting problems on the fly.

Not based on what I've read and seen about him over the years. And he still looks very mentally sharp to my eyes, in all the video footage. But I guess we'll find out in time.

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives, and it puts itself into our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." (John Wayne)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Start an Israel/Syria thread then. Mods have already delivered a warning on diversionary posting and whataboutery, and you're ignoring it. And on the morning of the Russian invasion of Ukraine that like a clown you said would never happen, you're more than welcome than bounce off and start a thread on your Israel peccadillo if that's your thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,653 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Labaik

America is shocked when Russia acts like them militarily. There all the same, care nothing about human rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,653 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

According to the Joint Forces Command, today, on February 24, 5 planes and a helicopter of the aggressor were shot down.

The Joint Forces give a worthy rebuff to the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation. Military units are in their positions. The enemy is taking losses.

Stay calm and believe in the Ukrainian defenders. Together we will win! Glory To Ukraine!”

Guardian

Nope, this all completely incorrect again.

Although this post was much less of a rambling diatribe than the last one. So well done on that. 😉

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives, and it puts itself into our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." (John Wayne)

Clown college stuff. The NATO Crimea base conspiracy theory came directly out of the mouth of Lavrov and spread far and wide on disinformation networks for credulous political cranks with psychological issues. And you repeat it like a lemming.

You're getting utterly routed here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

NBC News Now/MSNBC have been reporting that 5 Russian planes and a helicopter have been shot down by the Ukrainian Military.

Biden is also going to meet the G7 leaders later on today about stronger sanctions for Russia for instigating their warfare on this crisis in Ukraine.

• Advertisement

Your disinformation tactics don't work on me Mr. Yurt! 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭MFPM

I see your happy to engage in name calling though!

Nothing divisionary about pointing out hypocrisy, I know it makes NATO shrills uncomfortable.

This invasion was absolutely avoidable but NATO insisted on taking their aggressive approach and now they have a big problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

If Putin takes Ukraine there will be no stopping him, he will want more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭eggy81

Thought there was to be no full invasion of Ukraine.

can’t believe puta lied to us all.

Up your standards, you think this is all a big giggle. Peddling curated lies from autocrats while a sovereign democracy gets invaded by a paranoid goon. Have look at yourself and where you're going in life with this nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shillyshilly

?

Last week you had your countdown, smugly declaring the invasion would never happen, adamant Russia wouldn't do it and it was all just posturing.

Now they have, you've changed your tune.

Russia are the ones on the offensive, in case you missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,742 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I would agree he has been a wily operator up to now, but I feel he has miscalculated big time here. I guess as you say we will see in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭jolivmmx

oh, the irony! We are not laughing with you, we are laughing at you

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

A Livestream has just emerged of more tanks crossing the borders of Belarus and Ukraine at Senkivka in Ukraine. It is not known at this time whether the troops are from Russia or from Belarus. The amount of tanks that I have seen from it are quite large in number. It is quite scary to see this stuff unfold right in front of you on live TV.

I have never seen anything like it. Putin is just shoving his reputation down the toilet over an irrational hatred of Ukraine so that his old ignorant self can give some harsh lessons on his nearest neighbour over a shameful narrative of manipulation and lies.

All of the shops based in Kharkiv in Ukraine are now closed. The city is eerily quiet with people being stuck indoors at home preparing for the worst with even going into a bomb shelter to try and keep themselves and their families safe. It feels like that we are approaching a period in where one superpower has now ruled us all into believing that we, the people of Europe, would be fools after being led like sheepdogs who would somehow be coerced into believing his propaganda.

Putin has been a constant and relentless threat of instigating that message for several years since he has ruled his home country. We have tried to ignore those messages for a very long time. But now the consequences of those messages are now beginning to go into a place that should not be considered for a small ounce of contemplation.

Young people all around Europe including myself are now beginning to feel very frightened about what is going to take hold by Putin from a within horrible moment in our history.

He has just begun a full blown war on his nearest neighbour with no realistic ounce of rationality in his head whatsoever. He doesn't even care that his neighbour gets blitzed to death by multiple weapons that could come from his strong military artillery based in his own country.

If Europe tries to strike against Russia from attempting to invade Ukraine, what would Putin's Russia do in response to it. Could he blitz Europe into being bombed with multiple nuclear bombs from his own arsenal.

These are serious questions that have to be addressed if Europe and especially NATO have to respond to his intentions of creating this war.

I just heard now that 6 people have now been killed with 7 wounded with 19 people missing in Podolsk in the Odessa region.

When you do think Europe or NATO are going to do next to stop these mounting casualties from going up for good before it gets so much worse from here on in.

Post edited by dublinman1990 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shillyshilly

you're probably top disinformationist in the thread at the moment...

just because you write long, verbose rebuttals, doesn't make you correct.

Yes and I stand over that position. Putin had no intention of invading, NATO have got the conflict they wanted...now they have a problem.

Interesting how little response there's been to this 'invasion'...

If you're called a name it's because that's what you evidently are.

Catch yourself on. Many people have already died in the short few hours since this Russian planned and executed invasion has begun. You've spent page after page trying to pull this thread into the mud and cheerleading an autocrat violating and killing in a sovereign neighbouring county. Something you say you're against, but it's clear you actually don't give a sh*t.

In case you're tempted to post about Iraq / Libya / Outer Mongolia / Namibia, spend a few minutes studying the thread title like the mods told you to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭Cody montana

This thread has turned ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,678 ✭✭✭eire4

Good for them. Lets hope against hope that the Ukrainians can cause enough damage to the Russians to slow them down enough and buy time. The longer the Ukrainians can hold out the better chance they have of the Russians backing off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,982 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I still don’t think there will be a full invasion of Ukraine. Putin doesn’t appear to have the political support for that inside Russia, where the talk is more about reclaiming the “Donbas”. The attacks on military installations near Kyiv are tactical, textbook stuff, more about suppressing Ukrainian air forces and securing air superiority over the invasion.

I could be wrong, but since Putin is pushing 70 and looking to secure his legacy in Russian history, I don’t think he’s daft enough to risk triggering a full-scale war with NATO & the EU by trying to take over the whole Ukraine. There’s no upside to that for him.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 6,678 ✭✭✭eire4

I would have to think that Moldova sitting right next to Ulraine and with their own little Russian backed separatist enclave have to be just bricking it right now that they will be invaded by the Russians.

Congratulations, that's the idiot position. You actually deserve to be sitebanned for that egregious stupidity. People don't deserve to read it.

• Advertisement

Discussion on SKY there, even they acknowledging Biden has a big problem now after his attempts at 'diplomacy' failed...obviously the attempts were a sham but either way he has a problem of his own creation.

More calls for sanctions, odd response to this 'invasion'...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement