Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Transformation

Options

Comments

The difference even in her face is amazing from the before video.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭_NAGDEFY

A lot of personal emotional stuff to put on national TV. Personally I wouldn't want to be sharing such intimate feeling so publicly.

I really never got OT. I always felt you could do all the bits and pieces on your own, diet, exercise etc. If you need the experts and motivation of the programme, what do you do when all that's gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Looking at last years contestants they are all still overweight a year later, it seems as if they lose motivation when show ends and that’s exactly what it is a show.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 squelch666

Thomas is still an annoying horse of a woman

I see it locally, the groups out in their hi-vis in the evenings over at the gaa pitch doing laps will be gone until after next Christmas. I don't think the show hammers home enough how this has to be a permanent lifestyle change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Definitely. Always seems a flash in the pan type effort that disappears once the cameras leave. I’d love to see them revisit previous years participants- the fact they don’t do that as routine makes me suspicious

• Registered Users Posts: 49 squelch666

I love the show but i hear what posters say that people may stop walking in the gaa etc when thd show ends...they should have a monthly show call it Keep Transforming

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭Xander10

The farmer husband should have joined his wife on the challenge.

At least they got her to drop the fake excitement when they lose 2 pounds this year, no harm to tone her down a bit.

• Advertisement

My wife said the same, he according to her looked dangerous in terms of the belly he had. You'd have hoped the GP on the show would have had a word at least.

They did show them at the 5k tonight all still fairly robust.

Ah I don't like to be too pessimistic but I'd say there is an element to it, but sure look if sows the seed for even a few people then great.

When I was a kid we had "running club" 2 nights a week all year round, you'd do warm up, some general exorcises and go for a run and cool down, it was 50p a night and was run by volunteers as an alternative to GAA. We came from a pretty disadvantaged area but it was great. I wonder is possible to get something link that going in communities? I know a lot of people who wouldn't like to go to the gym but I could see going to something like that. I know there are more serious athletic clubs too but I'd say people might be put off those too but call it "running club" and you catch them.

Did KT say off the fags? A bit of a slip up there on her behalf 😀😀😀 Even stephano looked uncomfortable when she said it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭appledrop

Sarah has done amazing but I really don't think that outfit suits her at all.

She looked amazing on LLS, that was a much better choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,651 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah as suggested back up the thread it would achieve better results if it was a monthly program running right throughout the year. That way they could keep them motivated for 12 months and truly transform their bodies by losing several stone each. If they had the final program just a week before Christmas with each of them losing 2 or 3 stone in the year that would really motivate others for January

Anyway just watching on the +1 and saw Karl finishing the 5k, he looked a bit knackered and rosy cheeked at the finish line even though it was 44 minutes to do it. I dont get how this guy is the fitness guru at all, he doesnt even look super fit himself compared to say your average gym instructor.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

So the final tonight, I didn't see it. Did they have their usual cat walk?

Yeah didn't look like any of them had lost anymore weight.

Just shows what they champion on show not sustainable.

Think I remember one of women's birthday last year + she was allowed a tiny cupcake.

That's just a joke people won't live with that type of restricted diet longterm.

Yeah usual catwalk some of the outfits weren’t the best, not that I’m a fashion guru or anything.

Much better choice of outfit for Kathleen.

She has a beautiful face + hair is stunning.

• Advertisement

Wow, Stefano has lost some amount of weight, looks brilliant.

The difference in his face, neck + stomach is unreal.

Who dressed Kathryn, she could be going to a funeral in all that black.

Ah Katie looks amazing. So glad they dressed her in something colourful + fun as she is only young.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭sporina

loved Katie from the start - seems like a lovely person - she looked fab tonight - her Dad said some v wise words.. the process brought them closer as a family..

the best of luck to all of them.. fair play to em.. took courage to do that show

• Registered Users Posts: 14,609 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Karl did the 5k twice (like many others) - did it in two cycles (his one with Sarah his 2nd cycle).

I thought the episode tonight was quite wholesome and enjoyable.

Comb over Eddie looked under pressure doing the 5k.

Difference there is he clearly isn’t in great shape/fitness. Seems a very nice guy though

• Registered Users Posts: 19,651 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Even if he did 10k he still shouldnt be looking knackered crossing the line on a 44 minute 5k, thats basically a brisk walking pace interspersed with a bit of jogging. For someone who puts himself out there as a fitness guru he doesnt even look that fit or toned himself and is carrying some puppy fat

Man the weather was absolutely horrible too. I think you’re being a bit cynical for little reason here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭boccy23

Christ, poor Karl gets an awful of stick on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Found the finale a little boring last night for some reason. But one thing I noticed about the leaders is that they actually look younger compared to the start of the process. And they look happier in themselves. I thought Katie looked really well, the hun-bun did nothing for her - a bit of effort in her clothes and a decent haircut made a big difference.

I agree with the comments about about how the show only being on for 6 weeks doesn't do much for sustaining peoples efforts at improving their health and fitness. I've seen it first hand in local groups out walking, people joining the parkrun for a couple of weeks, the light it up with the GAA clubs stopped when the cameras stopped. I agree that a monthly follow up show is needed to keep the momentum and accountability going, not just for the leaders but for the viewers. Looking after your health shouldn't be a 6 week new years resolution, it should be ongoing.

Advertisement