Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭combat14

from russian political analyst doesnt look like putin is playing this time..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Quitelife

Should you go back to Russia where you seem to belong?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,177 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Some of them dont have families. Some of them have had their families killed by Russian soldiers. There will be some with nothing to lose and perhaps a certain coldness. Trauma does that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,177 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Ukraine has said they have gone ...all in ..but i hope you are right ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭zv2

That would just reinforce the Russian perception of the west as intrinsically anti Russian. It would be a loss for the propaganda war. If Europe wants to go to war legal means will suffice.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

They'll take the 2 regions they've pretty much already claimed, sit back a bit to see what sanctions come their way, and then fabricate a story of Ukranian aggression and move on Kiev. No way they don't plan to complete take the rest of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheTruth89

Atleast now we can clearly identify Russia and it's eastern allies as the enemy, clear and defined there hatred of the west now has no mask and we should treat them as pariahs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

According to the Russian ambassador at the UN earlier we are not been aggressive to the Ukrainian people but the junta that is in power in Kiev

• Registered Users Posts: 7,968 ✭✭✭Christy42

Putin doesn't care about the embassy in Ireland. Let's be real about it. All this will do is encourage random acts of violence against Russians many of whom left because they don't like Putin. And outside of their use in propaganda Putin will not care about any of it and nor will it actually help the Ukraine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,155 ✭✭✭saabsaab

I doubt it just the start of an all out invasion. Time to use force as diplomacy hasn't worked (and won't). We may be looking at the start of a World war.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Well will the West be found wanting yet again?

Are we in for another Munich appeasement agreement?

Who this time will come home waving a piece of paper exclaiming peace in our time.

When are people going to cop on Putin is a throwback to the hardmen of the 20th century.

He was moulded in the Soviet Union, was a high ranking offical within the secret service.

His goal is to recreate the Warsaw Pact where Eastern European states have to grovel to Moscow.

Of course the question is what can the West do?

Well Europe can remove their dependence on mother Russia for gas for a start.

And they should have been doing this for well over a decade rather than fooking building new pipelines.

Round up every fooking Russian oligarch that have implanted themselves, particularly in UK, and promptly fook them out.

Confiscate their property, all of it purchased through ill gotten gains.

Fook their offspring out of their lavish public schools, fook them out of their plush pads, confiscate their mega yatchs.

They can start with that fooker that owns Chelsea.

These are all the ones that are tied into Putin, they have made each other mega rich.

Also really lean on those slimebags in Switzerland who once again are trying to profit from war and dictators intend on European destruction.

It is time that country is brought to heel once and for all.

Also it is time that the likes of IOC, FIFA and UEFA are given a kick in the ar**.

Kick out every Russian team and competitor from international competitions, immediately move CL final from St Petersburg and tell Gazprom to go fook themselves. How they allow the farce in the Olympics is beyond belief anyway.

These may seem small things but dictators are all about symbolism, they love to show off to their enemies but more importantly their own people.

It is time for EU to close all borders and then when Russia and their puppet Belarus try shove migrants through, treat them as invaders and shoot.

It is time the West woke up as the geopolitical game has changed massively leaving the West behind.

The West has been run for too long by mutli-nationals driving globalisation which just benefits the rich, impoverishes their own working classes and in effect strenghtens the enemies of the West by moving production there.

And when the West is not pushing globalisation it is tying itself up in knots about fooking gender classifications, racial divisions, multiculturalism adopting the dregs of the rest of world, placating beliefs and ideologies that detest everything about us in the West.

Someone earlier posted about how the West is like the dying Roman Empire and they were laughed at.

Well the fools are the ones who don't ever learn from history.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yeah its amazing the muppets shilling for the Dictator Putin and his regime.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,856 ✭✭✭growleaves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke III

If anyone ever had any doubt about WHY Ukraine wants to join NATO, it's on your tv screen right now. Nothing like having a psychopath next door to make you want to join a defensive alliance.

Remember the only reason Mad Vlad hasn't rolled tanks into the Baltic republics is because they're in NATO.

The irony of this madness is that it will turn Ukraine to the West forever. They should be offered EU membership immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,155 ✭✭✭saabsaab

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

SkyNews showed a missile hitting an airbase in Ukraine.

Question - what is Russias tactic? Hit army airbases to weaken their defence?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

They have just one ally in Belarus and he's just a puppet. China have their love thy neighbour, peace and understanding line on a loop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭rgossip30

Don’t jump out of your skin I mean the disputed region and give it an autonomy. You want to fight for Ukraine go ahead .I just wish I had listened to GB news saying weeks ago an invasion was imminent and bought into oil and gold . !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Yes believe it or not a common tactic of war is to target the enemies military.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,368 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Well I’d like to hope I don’t ever have to TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Quitelife

So much for Putin saying he wasnt going to invade Ukraine- Lying thug

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Lavrov has been quiet these last few days, maybe I missed some statement from him

We're past occupation of eastern Ukraine ,it's a full on invasion and assault on Ukraine and this won't end at ukraines borders.

But yes let's not worry too much burying the heads in the sand is working great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

I've seen these reports elsewhere but can't find any definitive proof as of yet. At some stage we should see images of downed craft.

I wonder are these those stingers coming into play.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

BBC live update updated-refreshed automatically every few minutes with credible news reporting.

You do not need to refresh the page as it happens automatically.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-60454795

Same here ,it's the only reason I didn't post anything on it ,

There should be some evidence at this point ,I seen one video of missles intercepting something in mid air didn't look like an aircraft

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭rgossip30

Yeah it’s playing hell on the stock market dash to cash time should have been done weeks ago .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭thomil

Standard procedure in modern war. The first step in any war is to gain air superiority by taking out the enemy's air force, air defence units and command posts and neutralising those units that escape by extensive jamming of radar and IFF signals. That way, you'll be able to provide air support to your advancing troops while denying your enemy that same option.

This does have some weaknesses, namely that mobile short range air defence units can easily be missed during the opening stages of an offensive, especially if they're either not using their radar, thus not giving radar-homing missiles anything to lock on to, or by not being radar-guided at all but rather infrared or possibly even visually guided. If enough of those units survived the first strike, any ground attack aircraft or attack helicopters accompanying the Russian ground forces could be in for a REALLY bad day.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement